A research request was provided to OS AI in early August from a rapidly emerging San Antonio based 8(a) small business IT services provider and joint venture seeking a list of some of the top partner [and/or competitor] options related to the potential FY 2023 recompete of a 5-year DHA NE&S contract.
We at OrangeSlices AI believe in the need for more and better-informed competition, so provided below are some of the details shared with us by the research requestor, followed by some high-level intel, and a list of some of the firms drawing the most views this week, by Government and industry leaders, on the OrangeSlices AI consultant directory in relation to efforts in support of the Defense Health Agency.
Opportunity Details Provided by Requestor
Scope: The hybrid fixed-price/time-and-materials NE&S contract is intended to provide critical IT network infrastructure services including network sustainment and deployment support to Defense Health Agency Medical Treatment Facilities (MTF) both inside and outside the continental United States (CONUS and OCONUS).
This work is expected to include a range of activities from “network performance measurement and monitoring, assistance with network design and development, network problem troubleshooting and remediation and onsite support services.” This contract was expected to have “on-site network staff at 102 Department of Defense installations world-wide who are responsible for the network core and edge switch devices across their assigned enclave.”
** Please note that OS AI will not speculate in this brief report as to the accuracy of any scope details provided and/or any current plans related to the timing, details and likelihood of any recompete. Our premium report provided to the requestor does provide more details, but this post is simply a response to the request.
Competitive Details (if known):
- Funding Agency: Department of Defense/Defense Health Agency
- Incumbent: SBD Alliant Joint Venture
- Contract Vehicle: This was last competed as a small business set-aside on Alliant SB, ID07180004
- Expected Competition Date: Fiscal Year 2023 – date tbd
- Contract Details and Spend to Date for Award ID 47QFWA19F0003
- Press Release: Qbase/SBD Alliant Awarded Defense Health Agency Global Network Infrastructure Contract, August 26, 2019
- GAO: General Services Administration; SBD Alliant, LLC–Reconsideration and Modification of Remedy
- DHA Industry Day Requirements Exchange Slides, March 30, 2022
- TangoAlpha3 Value Proposition: Military Health System (MHS) Enterprise Information Technology (IT) Services, APRIL 6, 2020
- FY2023 Budget Request for the Military Health System
Key Potential Points of Contact (current or past):
- Dave Matthews, Contracting Leader, GSA firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gary Sofo, VP, Tyto/Athene (Formerly Qbase)
- Tom Pike, VP, Health IT Solutions, Tyto Athene (Formerly Qbase)
- Drew McDanald, Managing Partner and President, TangoAlpha3
- Don Houpt, Program Manager for the PMO team guiding the Network Engineers and Specialists (NE&S) contract, Tyto Athene
- Eric Peipelman, Assistant Director, Healthcare Operations (Administration, Performance, Strategy), Defense Health Agency
Firms drawing the most attention
Included below is a list of the large and small companies we have noted were searched and viewed the most on OrangeSlices AI over the past week and that bring direct past performance and/or relationships in support of the Defense Health Agency.
- Bluewater Federal
- Tyto Athene
- Nolij Consulting
- Kreative Technologies
- Cherokee Nation
- Saliense Consulting
- LOUi Consulting Group
- Planned Systems International (PSI)
Please note that the research requestor for this item received a detailed intelligence report including 1) known details about how/if/when/where this contract will be competed; 2) a list of the top companies that are in position to win today (as well as those who have been making key investments and moves of late to position for a win); and 3) a list of the top potential opportunity influencers any bidder will want to get to know. Whether it is current government leaders driving change, industry leaders, or recent former Federal officials who can support capture, serve as key personnel, or ensure delivery upon award, this is a group of leaders any bidder will want to get to know.
Is your company pursuing this effort or similar opportunities?
Let others know you are interested in joining a team by either 1) Logging In and Commenting Below; or 2) Contacting us Here so we can add you to the list.
- From HHS and DHS to VA and IRS, check out a list here of all the research requests, mostly related to open solicitations and RFIs, the Orange Slices team has been asked to work on thus far in July.
- Included here is a list of the new SB Alliances formed for some leading GovCon companies in advance of Q4 FY 2022
- Federal Agency Forecasts for fiscal year (FY) 2022
About OrangeSlices AI
Developed by a team of government and industry contracting subject matter experts, the OrangeSlices AI data driven platform is a publicly available searchable listing of the top information technology and consulting services contractors doing business with the Federal government today. Driven by a robust and comprehensive set of authoritative and trusted data sources, the OS.ai tool is intended to help government and industry leaders find the right partner to help deliver on the important missions of the Federal government. Learn more about how you can engage with OS AI here.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?