A research request was recently provided to OS AI from a mid-tier digital and analytic solutions, and management advisory services provider looking for details related to a potential FY 2023 recompete of this Department of Health and Human Services Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services contract.
We at OrangeSlices AI do believe in the need for more and better-informed competition, so provided below are 1) opportunity details provided by the requestor; 2) some key points of contact; 3) related pursuit/capture data; and 4) when possible, projected odds of this contract going back to the incumbent.
Competitive Details (if known) related to the predecessor contract:
- Funding Agency: HHS/Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Incumbent: Mathematica
- Contract Vehicle: This was last competed full and open on RMADA.
- Expected Competition Date: Fiscal Year 2023 – date tbd
- Contract Details and Spend to Date for Award ID 75FCMC18F0002
Scope: The contractor for the Technical Assistance and Analytic Support for the Medicaid and CHIP Quality Measurement and Improvement Program contract “leads the Technical Assistance and Analytic Support Program for the Medicaid and CHIP Core Set Measures”, to include providing “technical assistance (TA) and analytic support to CMCS, states, and their quality partners related to four core sets of health care quality measures: Child, Adult, Health Homes, and Maternal and Infant Health. The goals of this project are to (1) provide the support states need to reliably collect, calculate, and report the Core Set measures; (2) help states use the Core Set measures to inform decisions about policies, programs, and practices to improve the quality of care they provide to Medicaid and CHIP beneficiaries; and (3) disseminate and translate findings so that CMCS, states, and other quality partners can share emerging best practices and lessons learned related to collecting, reporting, and using the four core sets of quality measures.”
** Please note that OS AI will not speculate here as to the accuracy of any scope details provided and/or any current plans related to the timing, details, and likelihood of any recompete.
- Case Study: Technical Assistance and Analytic Support for the Medicaid and CHIP Core Set Measures, Source: Mathematica
- NewWave and Mathematica Join Forces to Transform Medicaid Data Quality, January 6, 2021
- Recommendations for Improving the Core Sets of Health Care Quality Measures for Medicaid and CHIP (pdf), July 2021
- Medicaid Program and CHIP; Mandatory Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) Core Set Reporting. A Proposed Rule by CMS, 08/22/2022
- Org Chart – CMS Approved Leadership as of August 25, 2022
- FY2023 CMS Congressional Justification of Estimates for CMS
- CMS (IDIQ) Blanket Purchase Agreements (BPA) List, to include all RMADA 2 Prime Awardees
- CMS and NIH Procurement Updates, 08/26/2022
- Find the latest CMS Procurement Forecast here – updated September 15, 2022
Sample of Key Potential Points of Contact (current or past):
- Louis Anderson, Contracts, CMS – email@example.com
- James VanDetta, Contracts, CMS – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Karen Matsuoka, Chief Quality Officer & Director, Division of Quality and Health Outcomes, CMS
- Jonathan Morse, Senior Vice President and Managing Director, Health Consulting, Mathematica
- Benjamin Fischer, Director, Human-Centered Design Practice, Health Business Unit / Data Product Strategist, Mathematica
What are the odds of the incumbent company winning this contract as a Prime again?
The OS AI Bot calculates the odds the incumbent wins this contract back is 65%.
Looking for an 8(a), WOSB, HUBZone or SDVOSB to partner with at CMS? Click Here
You can filter the list by several key indicators, to include socio-economic status, NAICS, Contract vehicle, etc.
If you are a small business with capabilities and socio-economic status that might support this effort, comment below and we will add you to the list.
Firms drawing the most attention:
Included below is a list of the large and small companies we have noted as drawing the most views by Government and industry leaders on the OrangeSlices AI consultant directory over the past week and that bring direct past performance and/or related relationships in support of CMS.
- DLH / Social & Scientific Systems, Inc. (SSS)
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- RELI Group
- Lewin Group
We cannot and will not speculate here as to the reasons for the increased interest, but whether it is a company evaluating them as a potential partner; a federal acquisition leader doing their due diligence; or a consultant weighing their next job move, this group of companies has been receiving increased interest.
Please note that the research requestor for this item received a Premium OS AI Opp Segment report including 1) known details about how/if/when/where this contract will be competed; 2) a list of the top companies that are in position to win today (as well as those who have been making key investments and moves of late to position for a win); and 3) a detailed list of the top potential opportunity influencers any potential bidder will want to get to know.
About OrangeSlices AI
Developed by a team of government and industry contracting subject matter experts, the OrangeSlices AI data driven platform is a publicly available searchable listing of the top information technology and consulting services contractors doing business with the Federal government today. Driven by a robust and comprehensive set of authoritative and trusted data sources, the OS.ai tool is intended to help government and industry leaders find the right partner to help deliver on the important missions of the Federal government. Learn more about how you can engage with OS AI here.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?