A research request was recently provided to OS AI from a Baltimore-based small business consultancy looking for details related to a potential FY 2023 recompete of this Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) contract.
The complete response from OS AI is not included here, but we at OrangeSlices AI do believe in the need for more and better-informed competition, so provided below are some of the competitive details.
Opportunity Details Provided by Requestor:
Scope: “As part of the Health Insurance Exchange and Financial Management OA team, this contract provides expertise, to include leveraging BI tools, Advanced Analytics, and Big Data to support The Operational Analytics Program for CMS. This program requires complex processing of large volumes of data to monitor operational processes, proactively investigate problems or anomalies, validate information, maintain records of analytical work, inform stakeholders both inside and outside the federal government. The platform delivers advanced data analytics, statistical and predictive modelling for more than 20 million consumers per month managing financial close to $150 billion annually.”
Competitive Details (if known):
- Funding Agency: Department of Health and Human Services / Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Incumbent: A Square Group (ASG)
- Contract Vehicle: This was last competed on GSA IT-70 as a small business set-aside action.
- Expected Competition Date: Fiscal Year 2023 – date tbd
- Contract Details and Spend to Date for Award ID 75FCMC20F0056
** Please note that OS AI will not speculate here as to the accuracy of any scope details provided and/or any current plans related to the timing, details, and likelihood of any recompete.
- Success Stories: Data Analytics, the CMS Operational Analytics Program
- Sources Sought Notice: Health Insurance Exchange and Financial Management Operational Analytics, Oct 21, 2019
- Org Chart – CMS Approved Leadership as of August 25, 2022
- FY2023 CMS Congressional Justification of Estimates for CMS
- CMS and NIH Procurement Updates, 08/26/2022
- Find the latest CMS Procurement Forecast here
Sample of Key Potential Points of Contact (current or past):
- Matthew Waskiewicz, Contracts, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Amberly Kovalick, Contracts, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Zach Main, Program Manager of CMS Operational Analytics, A Square Group (ASG)
- Mandeep Singh, COO, A Square Group (ASG)
Firms drawing the most attention:
Included below is a list of the large and small companies we have noted as drawing the most views by Government and industry leaders on the OrangeSlices AI consultant directory over the past week and that bring direct past performance and/or related relationships in support of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- Empower AI
- Ad Hoc
- Sapient Government Services
- Alpha Omega Integration
- Skyward IT
- Trillion ERP
- Lantana Consulting Group
- Index Analytics
- Next Phase
- RELI Group
- Rios Partners
- A Square Group
- Agile Six
- Arch Systems
- Nimbus Consulting
Please note that the research requestor for this item received a Premium OS AI Opp Segment report including 1) known details about how/if/when/where this contract will be competed; 2) a list of the top companies that are in position to win today (as well as those who have been making key investments and moves of late to position for a win); and 3) a detailed list of the top potential opportunity influencers any bidder will want to get to know. Whether it is current government leaders driving change, industry leaders, or recent former Federal officials who can support capture, serve as key personnel, or ensure delivery upon award, this is a group of leaders any bidder will want to get to know.
Want to see more of the top firms with direct past performance in support of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services on similar IT consulting efforts? You can start here.
Is your company pursuing this effort or similar opportunities? Let others know you are interested in joining a team by either 1) Logging In and Commenting Below (it is free); or 2) Contacting us Here so we can add you.
- From HHS and DHS to VA and IRS, check out a list here of all the research requests, mostly related to open solicitations and RFIs, the Orange Slices team was asked to work on thus far in August
- Included here is a list of the new SB Alliances formed for some leading GovCon companies in advance of Q4 FY 2022
- Federal Agency Forecasts for fiscal year (FY) 2022
About OrangeSlices AI
Developed by a team of government and industry contracting subject matter experts, the OrangeSlices AI data driven platform is a publicly available searchable listing of the top information technology and consulting services contractors doing business with the Federal government today. Driven by a robust and comprehensive set of authoritative and trusted data sources, the OS.ai tool is intended to help government and industry leaders find the right partner to help deliver on the important missions of the Federal government. Learn more about how you can engage with OS AI here.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?