In recognizing that the current data capabilities and architecture at the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) is far more reactive than they would like and that strategic decisions are rarely driven by advanced analytics, artificial intelligence, and meaningful evidence-building and evaluation work, the FEMA Enterprise Analytics Division (EAD) recently detailed plans for an upcoming Strategic Data Services solicitation to support development of a non-invasive data governance and data management program that prioritizes data initiatives, breaks down data silos and disparate data processes, and builds a culture of data collaboration.
Some stated objectives of this effort include helping to ensure the agency can meet the vision and strategic goals of the 2023 FEMA Data Strategy. The five categories of data tasks are as follows:
- Overhaul FEMA’s data governance operating model
- Modernize FEMA’s Enterprise-level data policies and standards
- Enhance metadata management via FEMA’s Data Inventory Program
- Scope and operationalize data stewardship at FEMA
- Research, identify, and address sources of Enterprise-wide data quality issues
The final acquisition strategy is still being developed, but the OrangeSlices AI team has already spoken with several different DHS focused small businesses which bring experience driving similar efforts elsewhere at DHS and who are actively working to influence the direction of this requirement, with the hopes that any subsequent RFP is released as a small business set-aside action.
Data is critical to FEMA’s mission of helping people before, during, and after disasters, and it will continue to transform the way the Agency and its emergency management partners operate. The opportunity to support EAD and FEMA efforts to achieve a future in which data is viewed as a strategic asset of the agency, and where FEMA embodies a share-by-default culture for data, and widely leverages evidence-building activities to make decisions, ensures that any competition will draw a crowd.
Relevant Documents: Foundations for Evidence-Based Policymaking Act of 2018 (the Evidence Act); OPEN Government Data Act; DHS Data Framework Act of 2018; Geospatial Act of 2018; FEMA 2023 Data Strategy
Looking for a list of the top large or small business (WOSB, HUBZone, 8(a) or SDVOSB) partners supporting FEMA today? Click Here You can filter the list by several key indicators, to include socio-economic status, NAICS, Contract vehicle (to include GSA MAS), etc.
If you are a small business with capabilities and socio-economic status that might support this effort, comment below to let others know.
Looking for more information about this requirement, feel free to contact OrangeSlices
- DHS FEMA OCTO plans to stand up new IT Systems and Pilots Enterprise Testing BPA
- Women-Owned Small Businesses eye planned release of $100 FEMA Information Security Support BPA
- Two Dozen Expiring 8(a) STARS II and III tasks drawing attention at DHS
- Emerging 8(a), SDVO, WOSB and HUBZone IT Modernization, Cybersec, and DevOps SMEs top list of SB Alliances formed amongst DHS, HHS, DHA, DOD and Treasury players
- OS AI Resource: Grading the Federal Agency Opportunity Forecasts for fiscal year (FY) 2023
- Fresh Squeezed Daily: $50M DHS FEMA Enterprise Program and Technical Support BPA
- Fresh Squeezed Daily: $60M+ FEMA OCFO Financial Systems Modernization, Program Integration and Support Services BPA Opp
- 20 Top RFP/RFQ Targets in 2023 at DHS Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- 20 of the top RFP/RFQ Targets for (the rest of) DHS in 2023
- Dozens of newly formed WOSB JVs will impact the 2023 Federal competitive landscape from CMS and VA to DHS, IRS, and DOD
- OS AI Resource: New Small Business Alliances formed for some leading GovCon companies in FY 2022
Are you signed up to receive weekly GovCon Peel product updates covering all things OS AI? Sign Up Here Today
To support any companies looking for partners, included below is a list of the large and small business IT partners we have noted as drawing the most views by Government and industry leaders on the OrangeSlices AI consultant directory since the beginning of February 2023 and that bring direct past performance and/or related relationships in support of FEMA.
- Alpha Omega Integration **
- Antean Technology
- ITCON Services
- Niyam IT
- MetaPhase Consulting **
- GDIT **
- Saliense / SyngergisT JV
- Karsun Solutions
- Appddiction Studio
- A1Fed / A1FedImpact
- Karthik Consulting (KC)
- Trillion Technology Solutions
- REI Systems **
- Ka’ala Systems Technology Corporation (KST)
- Bana Solutions
- Intellect Solutions
- Ironclad Technology Services
- Partner Forces
- Miracle Systems
- Arch Systems
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- Kinaras Solutions
** An Elev8 GovCon Honoree, noted for a corporate culture that demonstrates excellence, making the company a beacon for talent, for partners, and for clients.
We cannot and will not speculate here as to the reasons for the increased interest, but whether it is a company evaluating them as a potential partner; a federal acquisition leader doing their due diligence; or a consultant weighing their next job move, this group of companies has been receiving increased interest.
About OrangeSlices AI
Developed by a team of government and industry contracting subject matter experts, the OrangeSlices AI data driven platform is a publicly available searchable listing of the top information technology and consulting services contractors doing business with the Federal government today. Driven by a robust and comprehensive set of authoritative and trusted data sources, the OS.ai tool is intended to help government and industry leaders find the right partner to help deliver on the important missions of the Federal government.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?