While not overly significant in terms of dollar value, the OS AI team did take notice when, as part of the recent forecast update, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) announced that they plan to stand up a non-competitive contract using Other Transaction Authority for Technical Assistance in migrating and modernizing the legacy Individual Assistance (IA) system from on-premise servers to a secure Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment (Recovery Cloud Environment or ‘RCE’).
The prior contract, a one-year action, had been awarded in September to 2021 to TechnoGems as an 8(a) sole source action, and was extended last September for 6 months.
Technical assistance in this instance will require, but not be limited to, providing Office of Response and Recovery (ORR) with skills and knowledge in the areas of enterprise architecture design of data and applications, custom development (to include microservices, Section 508 compliant user interfaces, and data structures), automated and manual testing, implementation of a DevSecOps (Development-Security-Operations) release pipeline, containers (e.g. Docker) and their management, configuration management, sustainment, and system integration services.
Our searches were unable to identify any mention of OTA or “Other Transaction Authority” for TechnoGems, but we did find an article whereby in 2019, known partner and Mentor, OneGlobe, was accepted as a member of the Information Warfare Research Project’s (IWRP), Other Transaction Authority (OTA) consortium.
Recent Related Data
- DHS FEMA plans RFP to overhaul and modernize enterprise level data capabilities
- DHS FEMA OCTO plans to stand up new IT Systems and Pilots Enterprise Testing BPA
- Women-Owned Small Businesses eye planned release of $100 FEMA Information Security Support BPA
- Two Dozen Expiring 8(a) STARS II and III tasks drawing attention at DHS
- Emerging 8(a), SDVO, WOSB and HUBZone IT Modernization, Cybersec, and DevOps SMEs top list of SB Alliances formed amongst DHS, HHS, DHA, DOD and Treasury players
- OS AI Resource: Grading the Federal Agency Opportunity Forecasts for fiscal year (FY) 2023
- Fresh Squeezed Daily: $50M DHS FEMA Enterprise Program and Technical Support BPA
- Fresh Squeezed Daily: $60M+ FEMA OCFO Financial Systems Modernization, Program Integration and Support Services BPA Opp
- 20 Top RFP/RFQ Targets in 2023 at DHS Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- 20 of the top RFP/RFQ Targets for (the rest of) DHS in 2023
- Dozens of newly formed WOSB JVs will impact the 2023 Federal competitive landscape from CMS and VA to DHS, IRS, and DOD
- OS AI Resource: New Small Business Alliances formed for some leading GovCon companies in FY 2022
Are you signed up to receive weekly GovCon Peel product updates covering all things OS AI? Sign Up Here Today
Looking for a list of the top large or small business (WOSB, HUBZone, 8(a) or SDVOSB) partners supporting FEMA today? Click Here You can filter the list by several key indicators, to include socio-economic status, NAICS, Contract vehicle (to include GSA MAS), etc.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
It is hard to get a contract moved out of the 8(a) program, but a non-protestable award using an OTA may be one way to do it?!