OS AI has received several inquiries of late tied to market research efforts the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recently launched related to the next iteration of a contract to provide software engineering, IT support, systems analysis and testing, data management, biostatistical analysis, public health analysis, and user support for the CDC’s National Center for HIV, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention (NCHHSTP), whose stated mission is to confront the root causes of the nation’s most prevalent infectious diseases by improving care and treatment access for the most marginalized persons.
The primary focus for this informatics support contract will center around providing a range of data and informatics support activities to the Communications, Surveillance Activities, Laboratory Branch activities, and Tuberculosis Trials Consortium and Epidemiologic Studies, within the NCHHSTP Division of TB Elimination (DTBE) offices, including the Communications, Education, and Behavioral Studies Branch (CEBSB), the Data Management, Statistics & Evaluation Branch (DMSEB), the Surveillance, Epidemiology, and Outbreak Investigations Branch (SEOIB), and the Clinical Research Branch (CRB).
While there was no specific mention of an incumbent contract or transition period by CDC, this contract does appear as if it will take on responsibilities held by an incumbent. GDIT, who was awarded a 5-year $24M NCHHSTP Informatics Technical Support in 2020 is certain to receive its fair share of partner inquiries. Details related to that CIO-SP3 task, which appears set to blow through its ceiling early, can be found here. Any final acquisition strategy will be informed by the market research CDC conducts, but two things you can expect are that this contract, like nearly all CDC awards, will be competed through a GSA contract (Alliant 2, OASIS and MAS were specifically named as possibilities), and that small businesses and large businesses alike will be working to influence the direction of any forthcoming competition (set-aside, contract vehicles, SIN, etc). Several key points of contact, related data and partner options are included below.
Sample Key Points of Contact (Current or Past)
- Liubov Kriel, Contracting Officer, CDC
- Dave Wilson, Deputy Chief, DTBE Data Management, Statistics, and Evaluation Branch, CDC
- Roque Miramontes, Branch Chief, DTBE Data Management, Statistics, and Evaluation Branch, CDC
- David Dean, (CDC/DDID/NCHHSTP/DTE)
- Adam Langer, Branch Chief, Tuberculosis Surveillance, Epidemiology, and Outbreak Investigations Branch (SEOIB), CDC
- Justin Davis, Deputy Chief; Surveillance, Epidemiology, and Outbreak Investigations Branch, Div. of TB Elimination, CDC
- Max Mirabito, Enterprise Software Architect, NCHHSTP, CDC
- Gwendolyn Miles, OSDBU, Small Business Specialist, CDC
Pro Tip 1: When viewing relevant Federal staff on LinkedIn, mutual connections you have can be an indicator of a potential partner or competitor.
Keep up on this and other opportunities – Sign up here to receive The Peel, our free weekly email that shares updates on all things OrangeSlices AI.
- CDC Division of Tuberculosis Elimination Org Chart
- An eye on what is next at CDC: A dozen early 2024 RFP/RFQ Targets drawing interest
- Strategy for $1.9B CDC Data Modernization Initiative (DMI) IDIQ contract competition raises concerns
- CDC FY 2024 Congressional Justification
- Partners targeting these 20+ CDC focused Small Businesses in the 2nd half of FY 2023
- Winning in Support of Work that Matters at CMS, CDC
- Fresh Squeezed Daily: $35M HHS CDC Web Services Opp
- Spring Forward: 20+ Centers for Disease Control and Prevention focused Women-owned Small Businesses drawing attention
- 15 of the Top RFP/RFQ Targets in 2023 at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- 20 CDC focused 8(a) Small Businesses drawing attention as we enter 2023
- OS AI GovCon Segment Page: Federal Civilian Health IT and Consulting
- OS AI Resource: New Small Business Alliances formed for some leading GovCon companies in FY 2022
- It’s Time to Elev8 GovCon! Recognizing those Government Contracting companies who are Doing It the Right Way
- Partners targeting these CDC focused SDVOSBs during the second half of FY23
Looking for an established IT and consulting firm to partner with at CDC? Click Here You can filter the list by several key indicators, to include socio-economic status, NAICS, Contract vehicle, etc.
Firms drawing the most attention at CDC:
Included below is a list of the large and small companies we have noted as drawing the most views by Government and industry leaders on the OrangeSlices AI consultant directory since the beginning of 2023 and that bring direct past performance, capabilities and/or related relationships in support of CDC.
- ICF **
- Nava **
- J Michael Consulting **
- Amivero **
- RELI Group **
- NTT Data
- Federal Resources Corporation
- Index Analytics **
- Agile Six **
- GDIT **
- eSimplicity **
- Tridant Solutions
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- Graham Technologies
- Ad Hoc **
- ECS Federal
- Metas Solutions
- Sparksoft **
- DRT Strategies
- Lantana Consulting Group
- CyberData Technologies
** An Elev8 GovCon Honoree, noted for a corporate culture that demonstrates excellence, making the company a beacon for talent, for partners, and for clients.
We cannot and will not speculate here as to the reasons for the increased interest, but whether it is a company evaluating them as a potential partner; a federal acquisition leader doing their due diligence; or a consultant weighing their next job move, this group of companies has been receiving increased interest.
Pro Tip 2 – If your firm has capabilities and socio-economic status that might support this or any related effort, comment below and let others know you are interested. Comments are some of the most viewed portions of any article.
About OrangeSlices AI
Developed by a team of government and industry contracting subject matter experts, the OrangeSlices AI data driven platform is a publicly available searchable listing of the top information technology and consulting services contractors doing business with the Federal government today. Driven by a robust and comprehensive set of authoritative and trusted data sources, the OS.ai tool is intended to help government and industry leaders find the right partner to help deliver on the important missions of the Federal government.
Has your company upgraded its relationship with OrangeSlices AI? Click Here to learn more about the benefits that you may be missing
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?