A research request was recently sent to OS AI from a VP of BD for a large systems integrator looking for a list of some of the top partner [and/or competitor] options related to a potential FY 2023 recompete of this Department of State contract to provide Independent Validation and Verification (IV&V) for Global Mission Critical Systems.
We at OrangeSlices AI believe in the need for more and better-informed competition, so provided below are some of the details shared with us by the research requestor, followed by some high-level intel, and a list of some of the firms drawing the most views this week, by Government and industry leaders, on the OrangeSlices AI consultant directory in relation to efforts in support of the Department of State.
Opportunity Details Provided by Requestor
Scope: This contract with the Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs is intended to ensure critical systems and applications are securely deployed in support of their important global mission.
The predecessor team on this contract was expected to “provide STS–related services for the software development lifecycle in support of DoS systems, IT Service Management (ITSM) and business process improvements for” the Office of Consular Systems and Technology (CA/CST). These services include “facility and transition management, independent validation, and verification (IV&V), and quality and configuration management in support of systems at Consular facilities throughout the world.”
** Please note that OS AI will not speculate in this brief report as to the accuracy of any scope details provided and/or any current plans related to the timing, details and likelihood of any recompete. Our premium report provided to the requestor does provide more details, but this report is simply a response to the request.
Competitive Details (if known):
- Funding Agency: U.S. Department of State / Bureau of Consular Affairs (CA)
- Incumbent: ASRC Federal subsidiary NetCentric
- Contract Vehicle: This was last competed as a SB set aside on SAM.
- Expected Competition Date: Fiscal Year 2023 – date tbd
- Contract Details and Spend to Date for Award ID 19AQMM18C0237
- 2017 Solicitation Documents for DOS Service Transition Support (STS) Services
- Press Release: ASRC Federal Subsidiary Selected by U.S. Department of State to Provide Independent Validation and Verification for Global Mission Critical Systems, May 2019
- Denied Protest put forth by Advanced Software Systems, Inc. (ASSYST), challenges the exclusion of its proposal from the competitive range for RFP # SAQMMA16R0029
- The State Department’s Foreign Policy Priorities and the FY23 Budget Request
- Department of State Organization Chart, May 2022
- Department of State Telephone Directory
- Jones leaves State Dept with a newly created Bureau of Diplomatic Technology on the cusp of launch, July 2022
Key Potential Points of Contact (current or past):
- JARRELLJA@STATE.GOV, Contracting Official, U.S. Department of State
- KANGSY@STATE.GOV, Contracting Official, U.S. Department of State
- Joonpil Hwang, Contracting Officer, U.S. Department of State
- Mike Derrios, Senior Procurement Executive, U.S. Department of State
- Jaime Gracia, Director of Strategic Enterprise Programs, U.S. Department of State
- Rob Schanberger, STS Deputy Project Manager, ASRC Federal NetCentric
Firms drawing the most attention:
Included below is a list of the large and small companies we have noted were searched and viewed the most on OrangeSlices AI over the past week and that bring direct past performance in support of the Department of State.
- Creative IT Solutions
- PBG Consulting
- Cybermedia Technologies (CTEC)
- Kalani Consulting (KCI)
- Aperio Global
Please note that the research requestor for this item received a detailed intelligence report including 1) known details about how/if/when/where this contract will be competed; 2) a list of the top companies that are in position to win today (as well as those who have been making key investments and moves of late to position for a win); and 3) a list of the top potential opportunity influencers any bidder will want to get to know. Whether it is current government leaders driving change, industry leaders, or recent former Federal officials who can support capture, serve as key personnel, or ensure delivery upon award, this is a group of leaders any bidder will want to get to know.
Want to see more firms with direct past performance with the Department of State? You can start here.
Is your company pursuing this effort or similar opportunities?
Let others know you are interested in joining a team by either 1) Logging In and Commenting Below; or 2) Contacting us Here so we can add you to the list.
- From HHS and DHS to VA and IRS, check out a list here of all the research requests, mostly related to open solicitations and RFIs, the Orange Slices team has been asked to work on thus far in July.
- Included here is a list of the new SB Alliances formed for some leading GovCon companies in advance of Q4 FY 2022
- Federal Agency Forecasts for fiscal year (FY) 2022
About OrangeSlices AI
Developed by a team of government and industry contracting subject matter experts, the OrangeSlices AI data driven platform is a publicly available searchable listing of the top information technology and consulting services contractors doing business with the Federal government today. Driven by a robust and comprehensive set of authoritative and trusted data sources, the OS.ai tool is intended to help government and industry leaders find the right partner to help deliver on the important missions of the Federal government. Learn more about how you can engage with OS AI here.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?