A research request was recently provided to OS AI from an 8(a) STARS III Prime and emerging National Security player looking for details related to a potential FY 2023 recompete of this US Department of State contract.
We are not going to include all of the details in our response here as the *Premium OS AI Opp Segment report” is what the requestor paid for, but we at OrangeSlices AI do believe in the need for more and better-informed competition, so provided below are some of the details shared with us, followed by some high-level intel, and a list of the State Department focused firms drawing the most views by Government and industry leaders, within the past seven days, on the OrangeSlices AI consultant directory.
Opportunity Details Provided by Requestor:
Scope: This 5-year U.S. Department of State contract is to provide a range of O&M and enhancement support services related to the Bureau of Consular Affairs Administrative Management System (AMS), “the IT systems that are critical to the timely processing of passport and visa applications with the requisite level of accuracy and security is essential to operating in the post-9/11 environment.” The predecessor task order objectives were to provide on-going program management, technical and analytical support, and software maintenance.
Competitive Details (if known):
- Funding Agency: Department of State / Bureau of Consular Affairs (CA)
- Incumbent: Gray Matters Technology
- Contract Vehicle: This was last competed on 8(a) STARS II.
- Expected Competition Date: Fiscal Year 2023 – date tbd
- Contract Details and Spend to Date for Award ID 19AQMM18F3264
** Please note that OS AI will not speculate here as to the accuracy of any scope details provided and/or any current plans related to the timing, details, and likelihood of any recompete.
- Zolon Tech, Inc. will continue support of the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs Administrative Management System (AMS), September 2018
- The State Department’s Foreign Policy Priorities and the FY23 Budget Request
- Department of State Organization Chart, May 2022
- Department of State Telephone Directory
- Jones leaves State Dept with a newly created Bureau of Diplomatic Technology on the cusp of launch, July 2022
Sample of Key Potential Points of Contact (current or past):
- Toshia V. Jackson, Contracts, State Department – JacksonTV@State.gov
- Mike Derrios, Senior Procurement Executive, U.S. Department of State
- Jaime Gracia, Director of Strategic Enterprise Programs, U.S. Department of State
- Barbara Gray, CEO, Gray Matters Technology Services
- Kirk Macchiavello, Vice President & GM – National Security, Zolon Tech
Firms drawing the most attention:
Included below is a list of the large and small companies we have noted were searched and viewed the most on OrangeSlices AI over the past week and that bring direct past performance and/or related relationships in support of the State Department.
- Agil3 Technology Solutions (A3T)
- Prometheus Digital
- PBG Consulting
- Kalani Consulting (KCI)
- Trewon Technologies
- United Solutions
- SkyePoint Decisions
- Alpha Omega
- RightDirection Technology Solutions (RDTS)
- Totally Joined for Achieving Collaborative Techniques (TJFACT)
- Nationwide IT Services (NIS)
Please note that the research requestor for this item received a Premium OS AI Opp Segment report including 1) known details about how/if/when/where this contract will be competed; 2) a list of the top companies that are in position to win today (as well as those who have been making key investments and moves of late to position for a win); and 3) a detailed list of the top potential opportunity influencers any bidder will want to get to know. Whether it is current government leaders driving change, industry leaders, or recent former Federal officials who can support capture, serve as key personnel, or ensure delivery upon award, this is a group of leaders any bidder will want to get to know.
Want to see more of the top firms with direct past performance in support of the which State Department on similar consulting efforts? You can start here.
Is your company pursuing this effort or similar opportunities? Let others know you are interested in joining a team by either 1) Logging In and Commenting Below (it is free); or 2) Contacting us Here so we can add you.
- From HHS and DHS to VA and IRS, check out a list here of all the research requests, mostly related to open solicitations and RFIs, the Orange Slices team was asked to work on thus far in August
- Included here is a list of the new SB Alliances formed for some leading GovCon companies in advance of Q4 FY 2022
- Federal Agency Forecasts for fiscal year (FY) 2022
About OrangeSlices AI
Developed by a team of government and industry contracting subject matter experts, the OrangeSlices AI data driven platform is a publicly available searchable listing of the top information technology and consulting services contractors doing business with the Federal government today. Driven by a robust and comprehensive set of authoritative and trusted data sources, the OS.ai tool is intended to help government and industry leaders find the right partner to help deliver on the important missions of the Federal government. Learn more about how you can engage with OS AI here.