A research request was sent to OS AI last week from an 8(a) STARS III Prime looking for a list of some of the top partner [and/or competitor] options related to a potential FY 2023 recompete of the 5-year Department of State (DOS), Bureau of Consular Affairs (CA), Office of Consular Systems and Technology (CST) support contract.
Please note that as this was requested research, only a high-level view is provided here. The research requester received the complete report and list of partner options.
Provided below are some of the competitive details shared with us by the requestor, followed by some high-level research, and what we call our Six Four One.
Details Provided by Requestor
Scope: Last awarded in 2018, this five-year RISE modernization contract was expected to include system and service architecture design to support CA/CST’s portfolio with a scope that includes cloud, DevSecOps/CICD, Agile-at-Scale, and modern systems/software engineering approaches, as well as evaluation, and rapid prototyping of new technologies in sandbox environments.
** Please note that OS AI will not speculate in this brief report as to the accuracy of any scope details provided and/or any current plans related to the timing, details and likelihood of any recompete. Our premium report provided to the requestor does provide more details, but this report is simply a response to the request.
Competitive Details (if known):
- Funding Agency: Department of State / Bureau of Consular Affairs (CA)
- Incumbent: Customer Value Partners (CVP)
- Contract Vehicle: This was last competed on 8(a) STARS II
- NAICS Series: 541512
- Expected Competition Date: Fiscal Year 2023 – date tbd
- Contract Details and Spend to Date for Award ID 19AQMM18F1739
- A copy of the CVP Award Press Release from 2018 can be found here
- The State Department’s Foreign Policy Priorities and the FY23 Budget Request
- Department of State Organization Chart, May 2022
- Jones leaves State Dept with a newly created Bureau of Diplomatic Technology on the cusp of launch, July 2022
Key Points of Contact:
- Gwendolyn Dukes, Contracts Leader, U.S. Department of State
- Kirthi Anantharam, Chief Growth Officer CVP (Customer Value Partners)
- Mike Derrios, Senior Procurement Executive, U.S. Department of State
- Jaime Gracia, Director of Strategic Enterprise Programs, U.S. Department of State
- Andrew Staddon, DevSecOps Division Chief, U.S. Department of State
The Top Partners and Competitors and the Six Four One
A list of 29 large and small companies who were well positioned to win this contract, as well as 13 key influencers, was generated and provided to the research requestor. The full list will not be published publicly, but we are including here what we call our Six Four One.
Six emerging small businesses to know
Four large firms making strategic investments in support of the agency
Note: This group of 10 companies is a subset of the 29 companies we identified and provided as part of the broader partners and competitors list. Whether it is key hires, key investments, or a proven ability to win, the list highlighted companies positioned to bid and win this contract, as a sub or Prime. Investments do not guarantee success, but they do signify intent.
One agency opportunity influencer
- Dan Whitcher, Chief Enterprise Architect (CEA) in support of Department of State (DoS) – RISE Contract at CVP (Customer Value Partners)
Note: OS AI provided a list of key opportunity influencers to the requester. Whether it is a current government leader driving change, an industry leader, or a recent former Federal official who can support capture, serve as key personnel, or ensure delivery upon award, this is a group of leaders any bidder will want to get to know.
Is your company pursuing this effort or similar opportunities?
- From HHS and DHS to VA and IRS, check out a list here of all the research requests, mostly related to open solicitations and RFIs, the Orange Slices team has been asked to work on thus far in July.
- Included here is a list of the new SB Alliances formed for some leading GovCon companies in advance of Q4 FY 2022
- Federal Agency Forecasts for fiscal year (FY) 2022
About OrangeSlices AI
Developed by a team of government and industry contracting subject matter experts, the OrangeSlices AI data driven platform is a publicly available searchable listing of the top information technology and consulting services contractors doing business with the Federal government today. Driven by a robust and comprehensive set of authoritative and trusted data sources, the OS.ai tool is intended to help government and industry leaders find the right partner to help deliver on the important missions of the Federal government. Learn more about how you can engage with OS AI here.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?