A research request was recently provided to OS AI from a newly acquired and equity backed mid-tier IT consulting firm and CIO-SP4 Prime bidder looking for details related to a potential FY 2023 recompete of this important Department of Health and Human Services contract.
We at OrangeSlices AI do believe in the need for more and better-informed competition, so provided below are 1) opportunity details provided by the requestor; 2) some key points of contact; 3) related pursuit/capture data; and 4) when possible, projected odds of this contract going back to the incumbent.
Competitive Details (if known) related to the predecessor contract:
- Funding Agency: Department of Health and Human Services / Administration for Children & Families (ACF)
- Incumbent: Guidehouse, by way of their recent acquisition of Dovel.
- Contract Vehicle: This was last competed on CIO-SP3 SB.
- Expected Competition Date: Fiscal Year 2023 – date tbd
- Contract Details and Spend to Date for Award ID 140D0418F0205
Scope: This contract was put in place to “support, operate, and enhance the GrantSolutions Center of Excellence, the OMB-designated Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) provider that manages more than $80 Billion in annual grant awards for grant programs across numerous Federal agencies, to include HHS, DHS, DOT, EPA, HUD, Treasury, State, SSA, and more.”
** Please note that OS AI will not speculate here as to the accuracy of any scope details provided and/or any current plans related to the timing, details, and likelihood of any recompete.
- Guidehouse Completes Acquisition of Dovel Technologies, October 18, 2021
- Dovel Technologies Receives HHS Award for Technology and Support Services for GrantSolutions Center of Excellence, July 24, 2018
- Case Study: For more than 15 years, Dovel has helped build and operate the largest Federal grants services platform, supporting all phases of the grants lifecycle. Source: Dovel
- Dovel piloted the use of Machine Learning tools to help improve the return on investment of the more than $700B in Federal grant programs, Source: Dovel
- HHS FY 2023 Budget in Brief – HHS.gov
- HHS Employee Directory
Sample of Key Potential Points of Contact (current or past):
- Samantha Hartman, Contracts, U.S. Department of the Interior
- Lydia Nunez, Contracts, U.S. Department of the Interior
- Dale Bell, Newly Appointed Deputy Assistant Secretary for Grants, Department of Health and Human Services
- Michael Curtis, Executive Director at GrantSolutions.gov, HHS
- Renee Lobanovskyy, Deputy Executive Director at GrantSolutions.gov, HHS
- Paul Hasz, Director, System and Support Services Division at GrantSolutions.gov, HHS
- Jyoti Kanwar, Business intelligence Product Owner at GrantSolutions.gov, HHS
- Emily Mella, Chief Experience Officer, HHS
- Rebecca Spitzgo, Business Strategy, New Product Development & Subject Matter Expert in Federal Grants business processes and grant management systems
- David Martens, Partner and SVP, Guidehouse Digital
What are the odds of the incumbent company winning this contract as a Prime again?
The OS AI Bot calculates the odds the incumbent wins this contract back is 55%.
Looking for an 8(a), WOSB, HUBZone or SDVOSB to partner with at HHS? Click Here
You can filter the list by several key indicators, to include socio-economic status, NAICS, Contract vehicle, etc.
If you are a small business with capabilities and socio-economic status that might support this effort, comment below and we will add you to the list.
Firms drawing the most attention:
Included below is a list of the large and small companies we have noted as drawing the most views by Government and industry leaders on the OrangeSlices AI consultant directory over the past week and that bring direct past performance and/or related relationships in support of HHS.
- Highrise Consulting
- REI Systems
- Alpha Omega Integration
- Business Performance Systems
- Digital Infuzion
- BCT Partners
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- Tripoint Solutions
- NTT DATA
We cannot and will not speculate here as to the reasons for the increased interest, but whether it is a company evaluating them as a potential partner; a federal acquisition leader doing their due diligence; or a consultant weighing their next job move, this group of companies has been receiving increased interest.
Please note that the research requestor for this item received a Premium OS AI Opp Segment report including 1) known details about how/if/when/where this contract will be competed; 2) a list of the top companies that are in position to win today (as well as those who have been making key investments and moves of late to position for a win); and 3) a detailed list of the top potential opportunity influencers any potential bidder will want to get to know.
About OrangeSlices AI
Developed by a team of government and industry contracting subject matter experts, the OrangeSlices AI data driven platform is a publicly available searchable listing of the top information technology and consulting services contractors doing business with the Federal government today. Driven by a robust and comprehensive set of authoritative and trusted data sources, the OS.ai tool is intended to help government and industry leaders find the right partner to help deliver on the important missions of the Federal government. Learn more about how you can engage with OS AI here.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?