A research request was recently provided to OS AI from an 8(a) woman-owned small business IT consultancy and CIO-SP4 Prime bidder looking for details related to a potential FY 2023 recompete of this National Institutes of Health contract.
We at OrangeSlices AI do believe in the need for more and better-informed competition, so provided below are 1) opportunity details provided by the requestor; 2) some key points of contact; 3) related pursuit/capture data; and 4) when possible, projected odds of this contract going back to the incumbent.
Competitive Details (if known) related to the predecessor contract:
- Funding Agency: HHS / NIH / National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID)
- Incumbent: NTT Data via their acquisition of NETE Solutions.
- Contract Vehicle: This was last competed on CIO-SP3 SB as other than Small Business.
- Expected Competition Date: Fiscal Year 2023 – date tbd
- Contract Details and Spend to Date for Award ID 140D0419F0075
Scope: Awarded at the beginning of 2019, this 5-year contract is to provide the National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease (NIAID) with a range of Application Development Support Services related to ongoing and emerging needs at the Office of Cyber Infrastructure and Computational Biology (OCICB), the office that manages technologies supporting NIAID biomedical research programs, to include a spectrum of management, technologies development, applications/software engineering, bioinformatics support, and professional development.
** Please note that OS AI will not speculate here as to the accuracy of any scope details provided and/or any current plans related to the timing, details, and likelihood of any recompete.
- Congressional Justification FY 2023, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
- NIAID CIO on IT priorities in health care, public health, research and more, 03/31/2022
- Office of Cyber Infrastructure and Computational Biology (OCICB) – Contacts
- NTT DATA Awarded additional $60 Million Contract By The National Institute Of Allergy And Infectious Diseases, March 7, 2019
- In 2020, NIAID worked with NTT DATA to apply human-centric design best practices to the design and development of the Vaccine Adjuvant Compendium (VAC), Source: NTT Data, 2022
- NTT DATA Services Closes Acquisition Of NETE, Dec. 23, 2019
Sample of Key Potential Points of Contact (current or past):
- Timothy Gerhart, Contracting Officer, DOI – Timothy Gerhart@ibc.doi.gov
- Mike Tartakovsky, CIO, NIAID
- Joe Croghan, Software Engineering Branch Chief, NIAID
- Alexander Rosenthal, Chief Technology Officer, NIAID
- Darrell Hurt, Chief, Bioinformatics Branch (BCBB) at National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID)
- Matthew Platania, Delivery Director, NTT DATA
- Jonah Burrelli, Project Program Associate Director, NTT DATA
- Detra Gray, Executive Director, NTT DATA
- Laura Bennett, Biz Dev & Strategy for Large Market Opps, NTT Data
What are the odds of the incumbent company winning this contract as a Prime again?
Assuming this one-time small business contract stays unrestricted, the OS AI Bot calculates the odds the incumbent wins this contract back as a Prime at: 35%
Looking for a partner? Click Here to find a searchable listing of the top firms with direct past performance in support of NIH on similar consulting efforts.
Is your company pursuing this effort or similar opportunities as a Prime or Sub? Let others know you are interested by commenting below.
Firms drawing the most attention:
Included below is a list of the large and small companies we have noted as drawing the most views by Government and industry leaders on the OrangeSlices AI consultant directory over the past week and that bring direct past performance and/or related relationships in support of the National Institutes of Health.
- LCG Systems
- JCS Solutions
- Woodbourne Solutions
- CALIBRE Systems
- NTT DATA/NETE
- BLH Technologies
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- Weems Design Studio
- RIVA Solutions
- Arch Systems
- CyberData Technologies
- Soft Tech Consulting
We cannot and will not speculate here as to the reasons for the increased interest, but whether it is a company evaluating them as a potential partner; a federal acquisition leader doing their due diligence; or a consultant weighing their next job move, this group of companies has been receiving increased interest.
Please note that the research requestor for this item received a Premium OS AI Opp Segment report including 1) known details about how/if/when/where this contract will be competed; 2) a list of the top companies that are in position to win today (as well as those who have been making key investments and moves of late to position for a win); and 3) a detailed list of the top potential opportunity influencers any potential bidder will want to get to know.
About OrangeSlices AI
Developed by a team of government and industry contracting subject matter experts, the OrangeSlices AI data driven platform is a publicly available searchable listing of the top information technology and consulting services contractors doing business with the Federal government today. Driven by a robust and comprehensive set of authoritative and trusted data sources, the OS.ai tool is intended to help government and industry leaders find the right partner to help deliver on the important missions of the Federal government. Learn more about how you can engage with OS AI here.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?