Updated May 2, 2023
According to the latest forecast update, the Initiative Management and Program Support RFP is now expected to be released in early June. This still shows as being competed on GSA OASIS, but the Small Business Program field is now showing as TBD. This is a change from the last update provided by the agency in late March.
Added March 29, 2023
The opportunity to support this high-profile and important Department of Homeland Security center, which provides actionable risk analysis to drive secure and resilient critical infrastructure for the American people is attractive, but while some emerging small businesses openly discussed options for getting the upcoming recompete of this contract moved to a different contracting vehicle after a sources sought notice was released earlier this month, it appears that the Department of Homeland Security opted to stay the course after all.
DHS recently announced that they now expect this contract to, once again, be competed on GSA OASIS SB, with the release of the solicitation expected on or around May 1st. It is worth noting that the competition was quite fierce the last time this 3-year small business set-aside contract was competed on OASIS SB, drawing 18 overall bidders. Last awarded in early 2020 to Global Miracle JV, a Joint Venture between Global Consulting International (GCI) and Miracle Systems, the focus of the next iteration of this contract will support ongoing efforts by NRMC around a range of risk initiatives, including Elections Security; Position, Navigation and Timing (PNT)/Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP); and Connected Communities technologies.
While these are the center’s highest priority today, the list of initiatives has the potential to change as the strategic risks to the National Critical Functions (NCFs) changes. If the anticipated budget increase is approved, which could increases CISA’s budget to over $3 billion, the funding to tackle emerging cyber initiatives will be there.
Led by Mona Harrington, who was selected to lead the National Risk Management Center (NRMC) at the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) in September of 2022, this center (formerly known as the Office of Cyber and Infrastructure Analysis), was established in 2018 to serve as the nation’s center for critical infrastructure risk analysis. NRMC provides critical analytical support to CISA’s mission to understand, manage, and reduce risk to the cyber and physical infrastructure Americans rely on every day.
- DHS CISA National Risk Management Center Overview
- Contract Details and Spend to Date for the prior contract 70RCSA20FR0000086
- Sources Sought Notice: Innovative Management and Program Support (IMPS); Draft SOW – TBDN-23-00004
- WOSBs gearing up to compete on $200M+ DHS Digital Transformation Support BPA
- Acquisition Planning Forecast System Forecast Record Number: F202306104
- DHS CISA Leadership Page
- CISA funding to top $3 billion under Biden’s FY 2024 budget
- 20 of the top RFP/RFQ Targets for (the rest of) DHS in 2023
- New Small Business Alliances formed for some leading GovCon companies in FY 2022
- OS AI Resource: Grading the Federal Agency Opportunity Forecasts for fiscal year (FY) 2023
- Fresh Squeezed Daily: Upcoming $100M DHS Operational Support Services RFP
- Fresh Squeezed Daily: $100M+ DHS Cyber Security Risk Management Support RFP
Key Potential Points of Contact (current or past):
- Gregg Wizar, Contract Specialist, email@example.com
- Dr. Eva Shaw-Taylor, Contracting Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mona Harrington, Assistant Director, National Risk Management Center, CISA
- James Platt, Acting Associate Director, National Risk Management Center, CISA
- Georgette Holmes, Chief Data Scientist and Geo Analytics, National Risk Management Center, CISA
- Mike Roskind, Program Manager, Strategic Defense Initiatives, National Risk Management Center, CISA
Looking for a company (Large or 8(a), WOSB, HUBZone or SDVOSB) to partner with at DHS? Click Here You can filter the list by several key indicators, to include socio-economic status, NAICS, Contract vehicle, etc.
Firms drawing the most attention:
Included below is a list of the large and small companies we have noted as drawing the most views by Government and industry leaders on the OrangeSlices AI consultant directory since the beginning of FY 2023 and that bring direct past performance and/or related relationships in support of DHS CISA.
- Partner Forces
- Chevo Consulting **
- MetaPhase Consultung **
- Cybermedia Technologies (CTEC)
- Concept Plus
- Savvee Consulting
- GDIT **
- Nexight Group
- Ironclad Technology Services
- Strategic Operational Solutions (STOPSO)
- Capgemini / Rudram-Capgemini JV
- Innovative Management Concepts (IMC)
- Iron Vine Security / ECS
- CGI Federal **
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- WWC Global
- Foxhole Technology
- IVA’AL/NAIS Technologies
- S&K Engineering & Research
** An Elev8 GovCon Honoree, noted for a corporate culture that demonstrates excellence, making the company a beacon for talent, for partners, and for clients.
We cannot and will not speculate here as to the reasons for the increased interest, but whether it is a company evaluating them as a potential partner; a federal acquisition leader doing their due diligence; or a consultant weighing their next job move, this group of companies has been receiving increased interest.
If you are a small or large business with capabilities and socio-economic status that might support this effort, comment below and let others know you are interested.
70RCSA20FR0000086, F2023061047 F2023061289
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?