Only a few months removed from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission OCDO publishing a Data Strategy which communicates a vision, with goals and initiatives to support the SEC Strategic Plan to guide the agency’s Data Management Program, the agency is moving forward with market research activities and stated plans to compete and award a 5-year IDIQ support contract by the end of FY 2023.
It has been a little more than three years since the SEC announced the appointment of the agency’s first Chief Data Officer (CDO) and the build-out of the new Office of the CDO, which was put in place to help develop the SEC’s data management strategy and priorities; enable data analytics to support enforcement, examinations, policymaking, and other agency activities; and ensure the agency collects the data it needs to fulfill its mission.
The scope of this IDIQ contract will include but is not limited to, supporting the implementation of the office’s annual refresh of the SEC data maturity assessment, measuring the maturity of the Commission’s data management capabilities; facilitating updates to the SEC Data Strategy and the identification of strategic initiatives to be incorporated into the Data Management Program; maintenance of the agency’s North Star data architecture; performance of data exploration and analysis; participation in the development, implementation, and monitoring of data stewardship activities; maintenance of Data Catalog metadata and data; and providing agile product management support OCDO’s Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) and Consolidated Audit Trail (CAT) Product Owners.
Market Research is understood to be underway as the agency evaluates the next steps. We are certain that more than a few large and small businesses will be working to influence the acquisition strategy and direction of any final solicitation. It should be noted that the SEC awarded a short-term sole source OCDO Enterprise Data Management contract this past Fall. Awards details as well as some key points of contact to know and other related data are included below.
- About the Office of the SEC Chief Data Officer
- Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) Office of the Chief Data Officer (OCDO) Data Strategy
- Austin Gerig Named as SEC’s Chief Data Officer
- Award Details and Spend to Date: SEC OCDO Enterprise Data Management – 50310222C0090
- A Dozen 2024 Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) RFP/RFQs being targeted early
- Enterprise Vehicle (EV) List – U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
- FDA/SEC Small Business Partners target recently acquired Fed Health/Civ Data Science and IT services SB contracts
- Announcing the 2023 Engage FedGov Honorees
- OS AI GovCon Segment Page – Federal Financials IT and Consulting
Has your company upgraded its relationship with OrangeSlices AI? Click Here to learn more about the benefits that you may be missing
Worried you might have missed something? – make sure to sign up here to receive the Peel, our free weekly email that shares updates on all things OrangeSlices AI.
Key Points of Contact (Current or Past)
- Austin Gerig, Chief Data Officer, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Victor Cairo, Team Lead/Contracting Officer, SEC
- Brittney Miller, Contract Specialist SEC
- Raghav Vajjhala, Senior Officer/Associate Director Enterprise IT Operations, SEC
- Bill Daus, OCDO Data Products Lead, SEC
- Supriya Pyne, OCDO Data Product Owner, SEC
- John Johnson, Enterprise Data Program Manager, SEC
Looking to identify some of the top small and large partners supporting SEC? Click Here You can filter the list by several key indicators, including socio-economic status, NAICS, Contract vehicle, etc.
Need a Partner? Two Dozen SEC Focused Consulting Firms are drawing the most attention in 2023
Below is a list of the large and small companies we have noted as drawing the most views by Government and industry leaders on the OrangeSlices AI consultant directory since the beginning of 2023 that bring direct past performance and/or related relationships in support of SEC.
- Alpha Omega Integration **
- GDIT **
- Kalani Consulting/KCI Acuity JV
- Chevo Consulting **
- Elder Research
- Savvee Consulting
- Integrated Systems (ISI)
- Octo Metric JV
- Tetra Tech
** An Elev8 GovCon Honoree, noted for a corporate culture that demonstrates excellence, making the company a beacon for talent, for partners, and for clients.
We cannot and will not speculate here as to the reasons for the increased interest, but whether it is a company evaluating them as a potential partner; a federal acquisition leader doing their due diligence; or a consultant weighing their next job move, this group of companies has been receiving increased interest.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?