Some top small businesses supporting the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) today took notice recently when the agency announced its intent to compete a contract that deals specifically with operational visibility as it covers activities such as risk/threat analysis and security and privacy controls testing for initial deployment, security and privacy baseline changes, and annual assessment activities.
A focus for this 5-year Privacy Contractor Support Services to Support Enterprise FISMA Compliance contract will be to provide a range of services to IRS Privacy Compliance and Assurance, including Program Management & FISMA SME Support, Security Assessment and Authorization (SA&A), Security Controls Assessment (SCA), and in support of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Cloud Efforts.
The specific acquisition strategy and any related small business set-aside decision has yet to be made, but the agency is known to be actively conducting market research via multiple channels related to this contract to perform and support Privacy EFC FISMA privacy controls/risk/threat assessments and related privacy engineering activities. Given the stated desire for a vendor with IRS systems knowledge, to include knowledge of the IRS As-Built-Architecture (ABA), IRS Enterprise Lifecycle, and IRS Business Units and IT enterprise processes organizational processes within the IRS, as well as proven experience with technology risk assessments covering web services, network appliances and software, system interconnections to include VPN and other encryption technologies, experience with cloud systems, Cloud Service Providers (CSP), and FedRAMP requirements, and experience with AI, the winner is likely to come from a pool of existing vendors that support the Department of the Treasury and IRS today.
The anticipated start date for this contract is September 30, 2023. More information will be shared related to timing of any subsequent RFP when and if it is published. In the meantime, we expect that several small businesses with capabilities in the outlined areas will be communicating their desires to both the Program Office and IRS Small Business Leaders in an effort to influence the direction of this competition, to include the set-aside decision, choice of contract vehicle (currently expected to be GSA MAS or OASIS) and NAICS.
- IRS Cloud Security Assessment and Authorization Methodology
- IRS FISMA SCA SOP
- IRS to stand up new Cybersecurity Staffing and SME Support Services BPA
- Planned recompete of IRS Modernized e-File (MeF) System Development RFP drawing attention
- Will the IRS miss the opportunity to ignite the next generation of innovative small IT and consulting partners?
- Fresh Squeezed Daily: IRS Digital Support Services (DSS) Multiple-Award BPA Opp
- Spring into Action: 20+ Internal Revenue Service focused Women-owned Small Businesses gaining interest
- OS AI GovCon Segment: Federal Financials IT and Consulting
- Take 2: IRS posts new draft SOW for $1.2B Multiple Award Enterprise Case Management (ECM) Solution Development Services (SDS) BPA
- 25 Treasury IRS focused 8(a) Small Businesses drawing attention in 2023
- 8(a) Defense Health, IRS and EPA Growth leaders eye recent acquisition of a leading IT services player
- Emerging 8(a), SDVO, WOSB and HUBZone IT Modernization, Cybersec, and DevOps SMEs top list of SB Alliances formed amongst DHS, HHS, DHA, DOD and Treasury players
- Fresh Squeezed Daily: IRS Criminal Investigations (CI) IT Support Services BPA Opp
- These expiring 8(a) STARS II and III tasks are drawing attention at the Treasury Department
- Fresh Squeezed Daily: Upcoming IRS Product Standardization, Analytics and DevOps support opportunities
- It’s Time to Elev8 GovCon! Recognizing those Government Contracting companies who are Doing It the Right Way
- Partners targeting these three dozen IRS focused Small Businesses in the 2nd half of FY 2023
Looking for a consulting partner with at the IRS? Click Here You can filter the list by several key indicators, to include socio-economic status, NAICS, Contract vehicle, etc.
IRS Focused Small Businesses drawing the most attention:
Included below we share nearly three dozen small businesses which stood out as the most viewed profiles on the OrangeSlices partner platform thus far in FY 2023, and that provide direct experience in support of the Department of the Treasury’s Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Please note that for the purposes of this report, we are defining small business as a company that self-identifies in SAM as a small business under $34M, calculated using a multi-year average revenue calculation.
- Anika Systems **
- Intact Technology
- FreeAlliance / New Generation/22nd Century JV
- eTelligent Group **
- SD Solutions
- Chevo **
- Innovative Management Concepts, Inc. (IMC)
- INADEV **
- Akira Technologies
- 22nd Century Technologies Inc., (TSCTI)
- IT Concepts (ITC) **
- SIE Consulting Group
- Integrated Systems (ISI)
- Bravium Consulting
- Precise Software Solutions (Precise)
- Intellect Solutions
- Delmock Technologies (DTI)
- Cyber Security Innovations
- Kilda Group (KG)
- Nettek Systems Consultants
- EIDOS Technologies
- TechAnax/ 2TechJV
- Educology Solutions
- Vibrantech Solutions
- Easy Dynamics
- INTER-OP / INTER-OP/ISHPI JV
- SHR Consulting
- SoKat Consulting
- Astor & Sanders
** An Elev8 GovCon Honoree, noted for a corporate culture that demonstrates its own excellence, making the company a beacon for talent, for partners, and for clients.
We cannot and will not speculate here as to the reasons for the increased interest, but whether it is a company evaluating them as a potential partner; a federal acquisition leader doing their due diligence; or a consultant weighing their next job move, this group of companies has been receiving increased interest.
If you are a small or large business with capabilities and socio-economic status that might support this effort, comment below to let others know you are interested.
About OrangeSlices AI
Developed by a team of government and industry contracting subject matter experts, the OrangeSlices AI data driven platform is a publicly available searchable listing of the top information technology and consulting services contractors doing business with the Federal government today. Driven by a robust and comprehensive set of authoritative and trusted data sources, the OS.ai tool is intended to help government and industry leaders find the right partner to help deliver on the important missions of the Federal government.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?