A research request was recently provided to OS AI from a small business software development and bioinformatics provider seeking to better understand partner [and/or competitor] options related to a potential FY 2023 recompete of this 6-year contract.
We at OrangeSlices AI believe in the need for more and better-informed competition, so provided below are some of the details shared with us by the research requestor, followed by some high-level intel, and a list of some of the firms drawing the most views this week, by Government and industry leaders, on the OrangeSlices AI consultant directory in relation to efforts in support of the National Institutes of Health’s National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS).
Opportunity Details Provided by Requestor
Scope: This contract is to provide a range of Bioinformatics Support Services for the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences in the Division of Intramural Research (DIR) and the Division of the National Toxicology Program (DNTP). DIR and DNTP researchers conduct studies that produce large amounts of data, varying in size and complexity. Fields of scientific study are diverse and include toxicology, transcriptomics, genomics and high throughput screening (HTS) data that require innovative bioinformatics analysis and development of new software tools.
** Please note that OS AI will not speculate in this brief report as to the accuracy of any scope details provided and/or any current plans related to the timing, details and likelihood of any recompete. Our premium report provided to the requestor does provide more details, but this report is simply a response to the request.
Competitive Details (if known):
- Funding Agency: Department of Health and Human Services / National Institutes of Health
- Incumbent: Sciome
- Contract Vehicle: This was last competed on SAM.
- Expected Competition Date: Fiscal Year 2023 – date tbd
- Contract Details and Spend to Date for Award ID HHSN273201700001C
- Fiscal Year 2023 Congressional Justification – NIEHS
- Seeking Firms with Bioinformatics Expertise and NIH past performance
- NIEHS Office of Information Technology Profile Page
- HHS Employee Directory
Key Potential Points of Contact (current or past):
- Wanda Holliday, Contract Specialist, NIEHS
- Iris Merscher, Contract Specialist, NIEHS
- Steve Fabry, Chief Information Officer (CIO), NIEHS
- Troy Deaton, Supervisory IT Specialist/Chief Operations Officer, NIEHS
- Robert Neiberger, Chief Technology Officer (CTO), NIEHS
- Ruchir Shah, Chief Scientific Officer & Principal Investigator, Sciome
Firms drawing the most attention
Included below is a list of the large and small companies we have noted were searched and viewed the most on OrangeSlices AI over the past week and that bring direct past performance in support of the National Institutes of Health.
- IQ Solutions
- Abt Associates
- Axle Informatics
- eKuber Ventures
- Information Management Services (IMS)
- Weems Design Studio
- Digital Infuzion
- Malbaie Solutions
- The Scientific Consulting Group
- Arch Systems
Please note that the research requestor for this item received a detailed intelligence report including 1) known details about how/if/when/where this contract will be competed; 2) a list of the top companies that are in position to win today (as well as those who have been making key investments and moves of late to position for a win); and 3) a list of the top potential opportunity influencers any bidder will want to get to know. Whether it is current government leaders driving change, industry leaders, or recent former Federal officials who can support capture, serve as key personnel, or ensure delivery upon award, this is a group of leaders any bidder will want to get to know.
Want to see more firms with direct past performance with the National Institutes of Health? You can start here.
Is your company pursuing this effort or similar opportunities?
Let others know you are interested in joining a team by either 1) Logging In and Commenting Below; or 2) Contacting us Here so we can add you to the list.
- From HHS and DHS to VA and IRS, check out a list here of all the research requests, mostly related to open solicitations and RFIs, the Orange Slices team has been asked to work on thus far in July.
- Included here is a list of the new SB Alliances formed for some leading GovCon companies in advance of Q4 FY 2022
- Federal Agency Forecasts for fiscal year (FY) 2022
About OrangeSlices AI
Developed by a team of government and industry contracting subject matter experts, the OrangeSlices AI data driven platform is a publicly available searchable listing of the top information technology and consulting services contractors doing business with the Federal government today. Driven by a robust and comprehensive set of authoritative and trusted data sources, the OS.ai tool is intended to help government and industry leaders find the right partner to help deliver on the important missions of the Federal government. Learn more about how you can engage with OS AI here.