A research request was recently provided to OS AI from an 8(a) woman-owned small business that specializes in Strategy and Business Transformation, IT Modernization, Data Analytics and Bioinformatics, looking for partner options and competitive intelligence related to a set of upcoming Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health (NIH) and National Cancer Institute (NCI) Center for Biomedical Informatics and Information Technology (CBIIT) requirements.
We at OrangeSlices AI do believe in the need for more and better-informed competition, so provided below are 1) opportunity details provided by the requestor; 2) some key points of contact; and 3) related pursuit/capture data.
We are “a current subcontractor supporting 5 different NIH institutes” and we are looking to identify some addition partner options [large or small] to support several known upcoming RFQs out of NIH, to include an upcoming requirement to support “data science, information technology, and data sharing tools”; another for “Enterprise IT Security Support Services”; and a third upcoming RFQ out of CBIIT “to support NCI’s CIOOD with an in-depth analysis of the current portfolio management program, compliance implementation plans, program/project management, and the external business service offering. The assessment includes, but is not limited to, organizational analysis and design, strategic alignment, communication planning across programs, and portfolio coordination.” The Draft RFP was recently posted.
** Please note that OS AI will not speculate here as to the accuracy of any scope details provided and/or any current plans related to the timing, details, and likelihood of any recompete.
Sample of Key Potential Points of Contact (current or past):
- Andrea Norris, Chief Information Officer, National Institutes of Health
- Dennis Papula, Deputy Director, Office of the Chief Information Officer at The National Institutes of Health
- Jothi Dugar, Deputy Director (Acting)Deputy Director (Acting), The National Institutes of Health, Center for Information Technology
- David Chang, Branch Chief, NIH National Cancer Institute (NCI)
- Jeff Shilling, CIO and Chief of IT at National Cancer Institute (NCI), Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO)
- Sue Pan, Branch Chief, National Cancer Institute (NCI)
- Craig Hayn, Information Systems Security Officer, National Cancer Institute (NCI)
- 24 of the top RFP/RFQ Targets for National Institutes of Health (NIH) in 2023
- Just Published: New Small Business Alliances formed for some leading GovCon companies in FY 2022
- Just Published: 30 HHS-Focused Woman-Owned Small Businesses making noise as we enter FY 2023
- NIH — Office of Budget —FY 2023 Institute/Center Submissions
- Organization Overview: NIH NCI Center for Biomedical Informatics and Information Technology (CBIIT) Overview/Staff Directory
- Article: NIH NCI CIO: For Digital Transformation a Culture-Focused Strategy is Crucial, 11/2021
- HHS Employee Directory
- NIH Office of the CIO – About Us
- Andrea Norris to retire as NIH’s Chief Information Officer (CIO) and Director of the Center for Information Technology (CIT)
- OS AI Resource: Grading the Federal Agency Opportunity Forecasts for fiscal year (FY) 2023
Looking for an 8(a), WOSB, HUBZone or SDVOSB to partner with at NIH? Click Here and filter the list by several key indicators, to include socio-economic status, NAICS, Contract Vehicle access, etc.
Firms drawing the most attention
Included below is a list of the large and small companies we have noted as drawing the most views by Government and industry leaders on the OrangeSlices AI consultant directory over the past week and that bring direct past performance and/or related relationships in support of NIH.
- GDIT **
- Octo (recently noted as to be acquired by IBM)
- Black Canyon Consulting
- Platinum Business Services
- NTT DATA
- NetImpact Strategies / A1FedImpact JV
- Highrise Consulting
- GRSi (recently acquired by DLH)
- LCG Systems
- Essex Management
- Axle Informatics
- Key Concepts Knowledgebase / Ideation Solutions JV
- Sapient Government
- Edgewater Federal
- T and T Consulting
- FMP Consulting
- Weems Design Studio
- Tantus Tech
- JCS Solutions
- Soft Tech Consulting
- Hedgelan Consulting
- Global Consulting Services of Maryland
Please note that the research requestor for this item received a Premium OS AI Opp Segment report including 1) known details about how/if/when/where this contract will be competed; 2) a list of the top companies that are in position to win today (as well as those who have been making key investments and moves of late to position for a win); and 3) a detailed list of the top potential opportunity influencers any potential bidder will want to get to know.
About OrangeSlices AI
Developed by a team of government and industry contracting subject matter experts, the OrangeSlices AI data driven platform is a publicly available searchable listing of the top information technology and consulting services contractors doing business with the Federal government today. Driven by a robust and comprehensive set of authoritative and trusted data sources, the OS.ai tool is intended to help government and industry leaders find the right partner to help deliver on the important missions of the Federal government. Learn more about how you can engage with OS AI here.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?