In late November, a research request was provided to OS AI from an 8(a) small business IT services consultancy focused on adopting, accelerating, and driving next generation digital services, looking for some partner options for a Multiple Award BPA contract that is expected to be competed out of the National Institutes of Health in early 2023.
We at OrangeSlices AI do believe in the need for more and better-informed competition, so provided below are 1) opportunity details provided by the requestor; 2) some key points of contact; and 3) some related pursuit/capture data.
Competitive Details (if known) related to the predecessor contract:
- Funding Agency: HHS/NIH National Heart Lung and Blood Institute (NHLBI)
- Incumbent: None – New Requirement
- Contract Vehicle: Last OS AI heard, this was anticipated to come out on GSA MAS. This can be a moving target as companies try to influence the direction, so keep a close watch.
- Number of Awards: Multiple (exact number not certain) – **a minimum of two to be set aside for small business, with subcontracting goals to be tied to tasks awarded to large business.
- Expected Competition Date: Fiscal Year 2023
** updated as of December 15, 2022
Research Request: “At your recommendation, we were at the recent happy hour event. Can you share any additional insights about” the NIH NHLBI Agile Development, Data science, and Strategy services (ADS) opportunity. In addition, can you provide a “list of who else might be going after this “ as a primary bidder and who “might be open to joining [our]team”.
** Please note that OS AI will not speculate here as to the accuracy of any scope details provided and/or any current plans related to the timing, details, and likelihood of any recompete.
- Opening Gifts Early: NIH Agile Dev and Data Science BPA updates December 2022
- 24 of the top RFP/RFQ Targets for National Institutes of Health (NIH) in 2023
- Just Published: New Small Business Alliances formed for some leading GovCon companies in FY 2022
- Just Published: 30 HHS-Focused Woman-Owned Small Businesses making noise as we enter FY 2023
- NIH — Office of Budget —FY 2023 Institute/Center Submissions
- HHS Employee Directory
- OS AI Resource: Grading the Federal Agency Opportunity Forecasts for fiscal year (FY) 2023
- Pre-Holiday Feast: CMS, NIH, and HHS Opp Updates – Multiple Award Agile Development and IT Strategy BPA RFPs; HHS Acquisitions Shop Changes, November 2022
- NHLBI Executive Leadership
- NHLBI Information Technology and Applications Center Overview
Sample of Key Potential Points of Contact (current or past):
- Alastair Thomson, Chief Information Officer at National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
- Maureen Falvella, Chief Information Security Officer at National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
- Will Gaines, Chief, Infrastructure Service Branch at National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
- Susan Haddad, Portfolio Manager at National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
- Dina Paltoo, Assistant Director, Scientific Strategy and Innovation at National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
Looking for an 8(a), WOSB, HUBZone or SDVOSB to partner with at the NIH? Click Here
You can filter the list by several key indicators, to include socio-economic status, NAICS, Contract vehicle, etc.
If you are a small business with capabilities and socio-economic status that might support this effort, comment below and we will add you to the list.
Firms drawing the most attention:
Included below is a list of the large and small companies we have noted as drawing the most views by Government and industry leaders on the OrangeSlices AI consultant directory over the past week and that bring direct past performance and/or related relationships in support of the National Institutes of Health.
- GRSi – recently acquired by DLH
- Octo – pending acquisition by IBM
- Black Canyon Consulting
- Platinum Business Services
- Key Concepts Knowledgebase / Ideation Solutions JV
- NTT DATA
- Triple Point Security
- Iron Vine Security – acquired by ECS/ASGN
- NetImpact Strategies / A1FedImpact JV
- The Scientific Consulting Group
- Axle Informatics
- Highrise Consulting
- Sapient Government
- FMP Consulting
- Edgewater Federal
- Weems Design Studio
- Tantus Tech
- Hedgelan Consulting
- LCG Systems
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- JCS Solutions
- Soft Tech Consulting
- GAP Solutions
- Digital Infuzion
- Global Consulting Services of Maryland
- Malbaie Solutions
We cannot and will not speculate here as to the reasons for the increased interest, but whether it is a company evaluating them as a potential partner; a federal acquisition leader doing their due diligence; or a consultant weighing their next job move, this group of companies has been receiving increased interest.
Please note that the research requestor for this item received a Premium OS AI Opp Segment report including 1) known details about how/if/when/where this contract will be competed; 2) a list of the top companies that are in position to win today (as well as those who have been making key investments and moves of late to position for a win); and 3) a detailed list of the top potential opportunity influencers any potential bidder will want to get to know.
About OrangeSlices AI
Developed by a team of government and industry contracting subject matter experts, the OrangeSlices AI data driven platform is a publicly available searchable listing of the top information technology and consulting services contractors doing business with the Federal government today. Driven by a robust and comprehensive set of authoritative and trusted data sources, the OS.ai tool is intended to help government and industry leaders find the right partner to help deliver on the important missions of the Federal government. Learn more about how you can engage with OS AI here.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?