A research request was recently provided to OS AI from a relatively new CIO-SP3 SB Prime contract holder looking for details and potential introductions related to a potential FY 2023 recompete of this Department of Treasury contract.
The complete response from OS AI is not included here, but we at OrangeSlices AI do believe in the need for more and better-informed competition, so provided below are some of the competitive details.
Opportunity Details Provided by Requestor:
Scope: Funded by the Internal Revenue Service’s Office of the CIO, a focus for the predecessor 5-year Penetration Testing and Code Analysis (PTCA) Branch Penetration and Application Security Testing contract is to “provide the Security Risk Management Division’s PTCA Branch with enhanced capabilities to identify and analyze security vulnerabilities in IRS systems. The Penetration Testing Team operates and maintains a virtual Threat Simulation Environment, used to develop test cases and enable DevSecOps for Application Development teams. PTCA performs Static (SAST) & Dynamic (DAST) Application Security Testing. The SAST and DAST teams are responsible for the operations and maintenance of the DAST and SAST software, used by developers and project teams throughout the IRS.”
Competitive Details (if known):
- Funding Agency: Department of the Treasury / Internal Revenue Service
- Incumbent: OBXtek
- Contract Vehicle: This was last competed on Alliant SB
- Expected Competition Date: Fiscal Year 2023 – date tbd
** Please note that OS AI will not speculate here as to the accuracy of any scope details provided and/or any current plans related to the timing, details, and likelihood of any recompete.
- OBXtek Inc. awarded IRS Penetration Testing and Code Analysis (PTCA) Branch Penetration and Application Security Testing contract, 26 November 2018
- FY2023 Budget-in-Brief, Department of Treasury
- IRS names Sieger to permanent position of CIO, February 2021
- IRS Organization Chart – July 2022
Sample of Key Potential Points of Contact (current or past):
- Jeffrey Jaszkowiak, IT Security Specialist, Department of Treasury IRS
- Michael Zarins, Associate Director, Cybersecurity, Department of Treasury IRS
- Bryan Meredith, Section Chief, Cybersecurity, Department of Treasury IRS
- Paul Selby, Deputy Chief Information Security Officer, Department of Treasury IRS
- Sanjoy Bose, Sr. Project Manager Leading App Sec & Penetration Test Team at IRS, OBXtek
- Tim Pleus, Chief Growth Officer at OBXtek
Firms drawing the most attention:
Included below is a list of the large and small companies we have noted as drawing the most views by Government and industry leaders on the OrangeSlices AI consultant directory over the past week and that bring direct past performance and/or related relationships in support of the IRS.
- Business Integra
- Constellation West
- Anika Systems
- IT Coalition (ITC)
- Vibrantech Solutions
- SJ Technologies
- Cybermedia Technologies (CTEC)
- SD Solutions
Please note that the research requestor for this item received a Premium OS AI Opp Segment report including 1) known details about how/if/when/where this contract will be competed; 2) a list of the top companies that are in position to win today (as well as those who have been making key investments and moves of late to position for a win); and 3) a detailed list of the top potential opportunity influencers any bidder will want to get to know. Whether it is current government leaders driving change, industry leaders, or recent former Federal officials who can support capture, serve as key personnel, or ensure delivery upon award, this is a group of leaders any bidder will want to get to know.
Want to see more of the top firms with direct past performance in support of the [insert agency] on similar IT consulting efforts? You can start here.
Is your company pursuing this effort or similar opportunities? Let others know you are interested in joining a team by either 1) Logging In and Commenting Below (it is free); or 2) Contacting us Here so we can add you.
- From HHS and DHS to VA and IRS, check out a list here of all the research requests, mostly related to open solicitations and RFIs, the Orange Slices team was asked to work on thus far in August
- Included here is a list of the new SB Alliances formed for some leading GovCon companies in advance of Q4 FY 2022
- Federal Agency Forecasts for fiscal year (FY) 2022
About OrangeSlices AI
Developed by a team of government and industry contracting subject matter experts, the OrangeSlices AI data driven platform is a publicly available searchable listing of the top information technology and consulting services contractors doing business with the Federal government today. Driven by a robust and comprehensive set of authoritative and trusted data sources, the OS.ai tool is intended to help government and industry leaders find the right partner to help deliver on the important missions of the Federal government. Learn more about how you can engage with OS AI here.