A research request was recently provided to OS AI from woman-owned 8(a) small business digital services company looking for details related to a potential FY 2023 recompete of this United States Coast Guard (USCG) contract.
The complete response from OS AI is not included here, but we at OrangeSlices AI do believe in the need for more and better-informed competition, so provided below are some of the competitive details.
Opportunity Details Provided by Requestor:
Scope: This is a recompete of the “$400M single-award Application Product Lines Enterprise Services (APLES) II IDIQ” contract (HSCGG3-18-R-PWX700). In 4th quarter FY23, “the USCG C5ISC Engineering Services Division (ESD) intends to award a portfolio of Multiple Award Blanket Purchase Agreements for agile development and full lifecycle support of modernized and legacy systems & applications (preventative, corrective, and adaptive maintenance) for all current and future USCG EIS developed and maintained by the C5ISC. It is anticipated that initially one BPA call will be awarded per C5ISC Product Line (PL. Currently C5ISC ESD-APP supports four (4) Product Lines: Mission Support Systems Product Line (MSSPL), Operations Information Systems Product Line (OISPL), Unified Capabilities Product Line (UCPL), Command, Control, & Navigations (C2PL).) The US Coast Guard Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber, and Intelligence (C5ISC) develops, deploys, maintains, operates, and provides user support for 30+ USCG Enterprise Information Systems (EIS) and numerous applications.”
Competitive Details (if known):
- Funding Agency: Department of Homeland Security (DHS) / United States Coast Guard
- Incumbent: Synergy Business Innovations & Solutions (Synergy)
- Contract Vehicle: This was last competed on SAM as an 8(a) set-aside action.
- Expected Competition Date: Fiscal Year 2023 – Estimated Solicitation Release: 2023-04-03 – check with DHS to monitor changes to the timeline
- Contract Details and Spend to Date for Award ID 70Z0G318DPWX00500
- ** Please note that OS AI will not speculate here as to the accuracy of any scope details provided and/or any current plans related to the timing, details, and likelihood of any recompete.
- Acquisition Planning Forecast System, Forecast Record Number: F2022058977 – COMPASS
- C5I Service Center Organization and Leadership Page
- U.S Coast Guard Budget Overview – Homeland Security
- Review of Fiscal Year 2023 Budget Request for the Coast Guard and Maritime Transportation Programs
- The recently retired Assistant Commandant of the Coast Guard for C4IT (CG-6) Rear Admiral David Dermanelian, discusses the technology changes he’s seen over his 34 years in the guard.
Sample of Key Potential Points of Contact and influencers (current or past):
- Craig Anderson, Contracting Officer, USCG – Craig.E.Anderson@uscg.mil
- Recent Commanding Officer for US Coast Guard C5I Service Center, Rusty Dash
- David Dermanelian, Chief Information Officer at U.S. Coast Guard
- Kevin Achterberg, Executive Director, US Coast Guard C5I Service Center
- Jeffrey Stuart, Branch Chief – C5ISC, Engineering Services Division, Application Services Branch
- Vishal Luthra, VP – Business Development and Strategy, Synergy BIS
- Sam Sarkar, CEO, Synergy BIS
- Kathryn Dailey, Program Manager
- Marshall DeMeritt, Deputy Program Manager, Synergy (USCG)
Firms drawing the most attention:
Included below is a list of the large and small companies we have noted as drawing the most views by Government and industry leaders on the OrangeSlices AI consultant directory over the past week and that bring direct past performance and/or related relationships in support of the US Coast Guard.
- IT Coalition
- D&G Support Services
- OneZero Solutions
- First Info Tech
- Alpha Omega
- X Technologies
- Intellect Solutions
Please note that the research requestor for this item received a Premium OS AI Opp Segment report including 1) known details about how/if/when/where this contract will be competed; 2) a list of the top companies that are in position to win today (as well as those who have been making key investments and moves of late to position for a win); and 3) a detailed list of the top potential opportunity influencers any bidder will want to get to know. Whether it is current government leaders driving change, industry leaders, or recent former Federal officials who can support capture, serve as key personnel, or ensure delivery upon award, this is a group of leaders any bidder will want to get to know.
Want to see more of the top firms with direct past performance in support of the US Coast Guard on similar IT consulting efforts? You can start here.
Is your company pursuing this effort or similar opportunities? Let others know you are interested in joining a team by either 1) Logging In and Commenting Below (it is free); or 2) Contacting us Here so we can add you.
- From HHS and DHS to VA and IRS, check out a list here of all the research requests, mostly related to open solicitations and RFIs, the Orange Slices team was asked to work on thus far in August
- Included here is a list of the new SB Alliances formed for some leading GovCon companies in advance of Q4 FY 2022
- Federal Agency Forecasts for fiscal year (FY) 2022
About OrangeSlices AI
Developed by a team of government and industry contracting subject matter experts, the OrangeSlices AI data driven platform is a publicly available searchable listing of the top information technology and consulting services contractors doing business with the Federal government today. Driven by a robust and comprehensive set of authoritative and trusted data sources, the OS.ai tool is intended to help government and industry leaders find the right partner to help deliver on the important missions of the Federal government. Learn more about how you can engage with OS AI here.