Updated Jun 1, 2023
Update: The latest word out of the U.S. Coast Guard is that the release of the heavily anticipated RFP related to the competition and award of a portfolio of Multiple Award Blanket Purchase Agreements to develop, deploy, maintain, operate, and provide user support for 30+ USCG Enterprise Information Systems and applications is now slated to be released in July of 2023 with an award expected in Q1 of 2024.
Note: Included below is an updated list of related data and the 30 firms drawing attention.
Added August 25, 2022
A research request was recently provided to OS AI from a woman-owned 8(a) small business digital services company looking for details related to a potential FY 2023 recompete of this United States Coast Guard (USCG) contract.
The complete response from OS AI is not included here, but we at OrangeSlices AI do believe in the need for more and better-informed competition, so provided below are some of the competitive details.
Opportunity Details Provided by Requestor:
Scope: This is a recompete of the “$400M single-award Application Product Lines Enterprise Services (APLES) II IDIQ” contract (HSCGG3-18-R-PWX700). In 4th quarter FY23, “the USCG C5ISC Engineering Services Division (ESD) intends to award a portfolio of Multiple Award Blanket Purchase Agreements for agile development and full lifecycle support of modernized and legacy systems & applications (preventative, corrective, and adaptive maintenance) for all current and future USCG EIS developed and maintained by the C5ISC. It is anticipated that initially one BPA call will be awarded per C5ISC Product Line (PL. Currently C5ISC ESD-APP supports four (4) Product Lines: Mission Support Systems Product Line (MSSPL), Operations Information Systems Product Line (OISPL), Unified Capabilities Product Line (UCPL), Command, Control, & Navigations (C2PL).) The US Coast Guard Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber, and Intelligence (C5ISC) develops, deploys, maintains, operates, and provides user support for 30+ USCG Enterprise Information Systems (EIS) and numerous applications.”
Competitive Details (if known):
- Funding Agency: Department of Homeland Security (DHS) / United States Coast Guard
- Incumbent: Synergy Business Innovations & Solutions (Synergy)
- Contract Vehicle: This was last competed on SAM as an 8(a) set-aside action.
- Expected Competition Date: Fiscal Year 2023 – Estimated Solicitation Release: 2023-04-03 – check with DHS to monitor changes to the timeline
- Contract Details and Spend to Date for Award ID 70Z0G318DPWX00500
- ** Please note that OS AI will not speculate here as to the accuracy of any scope details provided and/or any current plans related to the timing, details, and likelihood of any recompete.
Related Data: [Updated June 1, 2023]
- Acquisition Planning Forecast System, Forecast Record Number: F2022058977 – COMPASS
- C5I Service Center Organization and Leadership Page
- Coast Guard Requests Budget Cut for Fiscal 2024, Military.com
- U.S. Coast Guard Fact Sheet, Fiscal Year 2024 President’s Budget
- 16 FY24 DHS US Coast Guard Anticipated RFP/RFQs drawing early interest
- SDVOSBs fighting to keep $50M+ DHS Coast Guard Program Management Support Task as set-aside action
- Partners targeting these 20+ US Coast Guard focused Small Businesses in the 2nd half of FY 2023
- 8(a), WOSB, HUBZone and SDVOSBs eye planned expansion of $1.5+ Billion DHS PACTS IDIQ
- New Small Business Alliances formed for some leading GovCon companies in FY 2022
- 15+ US Coast Guard focused 8(a) Small Businesses and/or 8(a) STARS III Primes drawing attention as we enter 2023
- Meet the Federal IT and Consulting firms recognized for their commitment to Veteran hiring and retention
- $100M+ United States Coast Guard (USCG) C5ISC Risk Management Framework (RMF) Services IDIQ
- DHS USCG Agile C5ISC Operational & Modernization Pipeline for Application Support Services (COMPASS) BPA – Multiple Award
- Fresh Squeezed Daily: $30M+ in DHS USCG ACMS and Technical Data Support RFPs
- Fresh Squeezed Daily: Upcoming DHS USCG Office of Financial Systems modernization support opp
- 20 USCG focused SDVSOSB consulting firms drawing interest in the first half of 2023
Sample of Key Potential Points of Contact and Influencers (current or past):
- Craig Anderson, Contracting Officer, USCG – Craig.E.Anderson@uscg.mil
- Angela D. Sadowski, Contracts, USCG, Angela.D.Sadowski@uscg.mil
- Recent Commanding Officer for US Coast Guard C5I Service Center, Rusty Dash
- David Dermanelian, Chief Information Officer at U.S. Coast Guard
- Kevin Achterberg, Executive Director, US Coast Guard C5I Service Center
- Jeffrey Stuart, Branch Chief – C5ISC, Engineering Services Division, Application Services Branch
- Vishal Luthra, VP – Business Development and Strategy, Synergy BIS
- Sam Sarkar, CEO, Synergy BIS
- Kathryn Dailey, Program Manager
- Marshall DeMeritt, Deputy Program Manager, Synergy (USCG)
Looking for a firm to partner with at the US Coast Guard? Click Here You can filter the list by several key indicators, including socio-economic status, NAICS, Contract vehicle, etc.
US Coast Guard Firms drawing the most attention: [Updated June 1, 2023]
Included below is a list of the large and small companies we have noted as drawing the most views by Government and industry leaders on the OrangeSlices AI consultant directory since the beginning of 2023 and that bring direct past performance and/or related relationships in support of the US Coast Guard.
- OneZero Solutions
- ITC Federal **
- Alpha Omega Integration **
- Karthik Consulting
- Integral Federal
- D&G Support Services **
- Goal-Oriented Human Performance Technologies (GoHPT)
- Solutions Through Innovative Technologies (STI-TEC)
- Chevo Consulting**
- Archimedes Global
- Tygrove Technologies
- Advanced Concepts Enterprises (ACEs)
- Reed Integration
- Customer Value Partners (CVP)
- Miracle Systems / Federal Miracle Tech
- 22nd Century
- First Information Technology Services
- Capgemini Government Solutions
- Dynamo Technologies
- Total Systems Technologies Corporation (TSTC)
** An Elev8 GovCon Honoree, noted for a corporate culture that demonstrates excellence, making the company a beacon for talent, for partners, and for clients.
We cannot and will not speculate here as to the reasons for the increased interest, but whether it is a company evaluating them as a potential partner; a federal acquisition leader doing their due diligence; or a consultant weighing their next job move, this group of companies has been receiving increased interest.
About OrangeSlices AI
Developed by a team of government and industry contracting subject matter experts, the OrangeSlices AI data driven platform is a publicly available searchable listing of the top information technology and consulting services contractors doing business with the Federal government today. Driven by a robust and comprehensive set of authoritative and trusted data sources, the OS.ai tool is intended to help government and industry leaders find the right partner to help deliver on the important missions of the Federal government
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?