Updated April 27, 2023
The latest update on this four-year contract to provide the Department of Homeland Security’s Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) with technical cybersecurity support for information technology (IT) systems and applications for approximately 150 FEMA systems is certain to draw interest from many STARS III GWAC Prime contract holders, as well as both large and small FEMA and Cybersecurity focused companies that would love to get a piece of this.
This upcoming RFP is identified by FEMA as being a recompete of a 2-year $10M contract that was last competed as an 8(a) small business set-aside action on GSA FSS and awarded to Delviom in 2021. That contract was initially focused on providing FEMA with IV&V Cyber Assessment Support.
OS AI cannot speak to why the next generation of this contract is now showing as having an estimated dollar range of greater than $50M, but with a broad set of cybersecurity services required under the new iteration, including Systems Vulnerability Assessments; Security Control Assessments; Risk Management; Cyber Policy, Planning, and Training Support; and Program Management Support, companies will be reviewing any solicitation and related scope closely
The RFP is currently slated to be released on STARS III as early as mid-next week and yes, Delviom is a STARS III Prime, leaving this incumbent as a clear front-runner. More detail are included below from a research piece OS AI posted last Fall in relation to this planned recompete – portions of the data have been updated.
Added August 31, 2022
A research request was recently provided to OS AI from a mid-tier managed Cybersecurity services and solutions firm looking for details related to a potential FY 2023 recompete of this Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) contract.
The complete response from OS AI is not included here, but we at OrangeSlices AI do believe in the need for more and better-informed competition, so provided below are some of the competitive details.
Opportunity Details Provided by Requestor:
Scope: This cyber assessment and risk management support services contract out of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) is to provide security assessments of information technology systems, security control assessments for security authorizations, and support for the information system life cycle.
Competitive Details (if known):
- Funding Agency: DHS / Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- Incumbent: Delviom
- Contract Vehicle: This was last competed as an 8(a) small businesses set-aside action on GSA FSS. The next iteration of this contract is expected to be competed on 8(a) STARS III. [Updated]
- Expected Competition Date: Fiscal Year 2023 – RFP now expected out on May 4, 2023 [Updated]
- Contract Details and Spend to Date for Award ID 70FA3021F00000276
** Please note that OS AI will not speculate here as to the accuracy of any scope details provided and/or any current plans related to the timing, details, and likelihood of any recompete.
Related Data: [Updated]
- Protest of Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) cyber assessment and risk management support services award denied/dismissed, 09/23/21
- Forecast Record Number: F2022058941 – DHS FEMA Cyber Support Services
- Delviom FEMA Case Study – Delviom setup the CISO Operational Risk Management Board and Secretariat for the RMF Division
- Fiscal Year 2024 Budget Request for FEMA
- Update: 8(a)s gearing up to bid on new $20M+ DHS FEMA System IV&V Services BPA
- DHS FEMA plans RFP to overhaul and modernize enterprise level data capabilities
- DHS FEMA OCTO plans to stand up new IT Systems and Pilots Enterprise Testing BPA
- Women-Owned Small Businesses eye planned release of $100 FEMA Information Security Support BPA
- Two Dozen Expiring 8(a) STARS II and III tasks drawing attention at DHS
- Emerging 8(a), SDVO, WOSB and HUBZone IT Modernization, Cybersec, and DevOps SMEs top list of SB Alliances formed amongst DHS, HHS, DHA, DOD and Treasury players
- Fresh Squeezed Daily: $50M DHS FEMA Enterprise Program and Technical Support BPA
- Fresh Squeezed Daily: $60M+ FEMA OCFO Financial Systems Modernization, Program Integration and Support Services BPA Opp
- 20 Top RFP/RFQ Targets in 2023 at DHS Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- 20 of the top RFP/RFQ Targets for (the rest of) DHS in 2023
- Dozens of newly formed WOSB JVs will impact the 2023 Federal competitive landscape from CMS and VA to DHS, IRS, and DOD
- Spring Forward: 20+ FEMA focused Women-owned Small Businesses drawing attention in 2023
- OS AI Resource: New Small Business Alliances formed for some leading GovCon companies in FY 2022
- 20+ DHS FEMA focused 8(a) Small Businesses and/or 8(a) STARS III Primes drawing attention as we enter 2023
Sample of Key Potential Points of Contact (current or past):
- Michelle Duncan, Contracts, FEMA email@example.com
- Gregory Edwards, Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), FEMA
- Hugh Hartman, IT/Project Manager at DHS/FEMA
- Dr. Cynthia Sutherland, Former CISO, FEMA – Currently with AWS
- Jon Chaplin, VP Federal Business Development, Delviom
- Karuna Yarlagadda, President / Cyber SME, Delviom
Looking for a list of the top large or small business (WOSB, HUBZone, 8(a) or SDVOSB) partners supporting FEMA today? Click Here You can filter the list by several key indicators, including socio-economic status, NAICS, Contract vehicle (to include GSA MAS), etc.
FEMA Focused Consulting Firms drawing the most attention: [Updated 04/26/23]
To support any companies looking for partners, included below is a list of the large and small business IT partners we have noted as drawing the most views by Government and industry leaders on the OrangeSlices AI consultant directory since the beginning of February 2023 and that bring direct past performance and/or related relationships in support of FEMA.
- Alpha Omega Integration **
- Antean Technology
- PPT Solutions (PPT)
- Chevo Consulting **
- ITCON Services
- Niyam IT
- MetaPhase Consulting **
- GDIT **
- Saliense / SyngergisT JV
- Karsun Solutions
- 22nd Century Technologies Inc., (TSCTI)
- Appddiction Studio
- A1Fed / A1FedImpact
- Karthik Consulting (KC)
- Trillion Technology Solutions
- REI Systems **
- Ka’ala Systems Technology Corporation (KST)
- Bana Solutions
- Intellect Solutions
- ITC Federal **
- Ironclad Technology Services
- Partner Forces
- Miracle Systems
- Arch Systems
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- Wilco Group
- Kinaras Solutions
** An Elev8 GovCon Honoree, noted for a corporate culture that demonstrates excellence, making the company a beacon for talent, for partners, and for clients.
We cannot and will not speculate here as to the reasons for the increased interest, but whether it is a company evaluating them as a potential partner; a federal acquisition leader doing their due diligence; or a consultant weighing their next job move, this group of companies has been receiving increased interest.
If you are a small business with capabilities and socio-economic status that might support this effort, comment below to let others know.
Please note that the research requestor for this item received a Premium OS AI Opp Segment report including 1) known details about how/if/when/where this contract will be competed; 2) a list of the top companies that are in position to win today (as well as those who have been making key investments and moves of late to position for a win); and 3) a detailed list of the top potential opportunity influencers any bidder will want to get to know. Whether it is current government leaders driving change, industry leaders, or recent former Federal officials who can support capture, serve as key personnel, or ensure delivery upon award, this is a group of leaders any bidder will want to get to know.
About OrangeSlices AI
Developed by a team of government and industry contracting subject matter experts, the OrangeSlices AI data driven platform is a publicly available searchable listing of the top information technology and consulting services contractors doing business with the Federal government today. Driven by a robust and comprehensive set of authoritative and trusted data sources, the OS.ai tool is intended to help government and industry leaders find the right partner to help deliver on the important missions of the Federal government.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?