A research request was recently provided to OS AI from an 8(a) Small Business and STARS III Prime IT solutions provider that specializes in Software Development Systems Engineering, Network Management, Network Engineering, and IT infrastructure analysis, looking for details related to an upcoming Department of Homeland Security Customs and Border Protection requirement.
We at OrangeSlices AI do believe in the need for more and better-informed competition, so provided below are 1) opportunity details provided by the requestor; 2) some key points of contact; and some 3) related pursuit/capture data.
Competitive Details as provided by the requestor:
- Funding Agency: DHS/Customs and Border Protection (CBP)
- Contract Vehicle: TBD – CBP has stated that “to justify a small business or 8(a) set-aside procurement, CBP’s market research must demonstrate that there are at least two small businesses or 8(a) small businesses capable of performing at a fair and reasonable price.”
- Expected Competition Date: Fiscal Year 2023 – date tbd
- OS AI NOTE: The requestor shared that, in addition to an RFI being posted on SAM in November, a revised RFI was subsequently released on STARS III.
Scope: The request was for OS AI to help evaluate the competitive landscape for a potential CBP OIT requirement to support the EIOD Network Architecture and Engineering Division (NAED) in their efforts to provide “oversight of the CBP network infrastructure to protect, defend, and restore the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of CBP mission essential data communications and applications, and to ensure a standardized, high performance, and secure enterprise network architecture for the CBP enterprise that seamlessly integrates existing and emerging technologies. This include actively modernizing its IT infrastructure, migrating services to the Cloud, and engaging in various initiatives to evaluate and implement emerging technologies, support mobile platforms, facilitate video surveillance, and continually improve the performance, security, and availability of its network services.”
** Please note that OS AI will not speculate here as to the accuracy of any scope details provided and/or any current plans related to the timing, details, and likelihood of any recompete.
- 15+ DHS CBP 8(a) Small Businesses drawing attention as we enter 2023
- A dozen top RFP/RFQ Targets for DHS Customers and Border Protection (CBP) in 2023
- Fresh Squeezed Daily: $500M DHS CBP Business and IT Support Services BPA Opportunity
- New Small Business Alliances formed for some leading GovCon companies in FY 2022
- Fed Civilian and Health agencies such as DHS, HHS, DHA and VA leverage easy button when procuring RPA and AI services and solutions
- New SB Alliances formed for some leading FedCiv, FedHealth and National Security GovCon companies
- 20 Federal National Security Focused Woman-Owned Small Businesses making big noise as we enter FY 2023
Sample of Key Potential Points of Contact (current or past):
- Dawn Ford, Contracts, CBP – Dawn.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sonny Bhagowalia, Chief Information Officer (CIO), U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- Sunil Madhugiri, Chief Technology Officer, U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- Jean Valdellon, Director, Network Architecture & Engineering Division Enterprise Networks & Services Directorate, CBP
- Dieu Nguyen, Program Manager, Network Architecture, CBP
- Dr. Ed Mays, Deputy Assistant Commissioner (DAC), Infrastructure and Support Services, and Chief Enterprise Infrastructure Officer
- William Thompson, Cloud Computing Federal Engineering Team Lead, CBP
Looking for an 8(a), WOSB, HUBZone or SDVOSB to partner with at DHS and/or CBP? Click Here
You can filter the list by several key indicators, to include socio-economic status, NAICS, Contract vehicle, etc.
If you are a small business with capabilities and socio-economic status that might support this effort, comment below and we will add you to the list.
Firms drawing the most attention:
Included below is a list of the large and small companies we have noted as drawing the most views by Government and industry leaders on the OrangeSlices AI consultant directory over the past week and that bring direct past performance and/or related relationships in support of CBP.
- MetaPhase Consulting **
- Tarkik Solutions
- GDIT **
- IBM / Octo
- TechOp Solutions
- Dev Technology Group **
- NTT DATA
- Anika Systems
- Automation Technologies
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- IT Tech Direct
- Federal Advisory Partners
- Cybermedia Technologies
** An Elev8 GovCon Honoree, noted for a corporate culture that demonstrates its own excellence, making the company a beacon for talent, for partners, and for clients.
We cannot and will not speculate here as to the reasons for the increased interest, but whether it is a company evaluating them as a potential partner; a federal acquisition leader doing their due diligence; or a consultant weighing their next job move, this group of companies has been receiving increased interest.
Please note that the research requestor for this item received a Premium OS AI Opp Segment report including 1) known details about how/if/when/where this contract will be competed; 2) a list of the top companies that are in position to win today (as well as those who have been making key investments and moves of late to position for a win); and 3) a detailed list of the top potential opportunity influencers any potential bidder will want to get to know.
About OrangeSlices AI
Developed by a team of government and industry contracting subject matter experts, the OrangeSlices AI data driven platform is a publicly available searchable listing of the top information technology and consulting services contractors doing business with the Federal government today. Driven by a robust and comprehensive set of authoritative and trusted data sources, the OS.ai tool is intended to help government and industry leaders find the right partner to help deliver on the important missions of the Federal government. Learn more about how you can engage with OS AI here.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?