A research request was recently provided to OS AI from a HUBZone woman owned small business IT consulting firm looking for details related to a potential FY 2023 recompete of this Department of Health and Human Services Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services contract.
We at OrangeSlices AI do believe in the need for more and better-informed competition, so provided below are 1) opportunity details provided by the requestor; 2) some key points of contact; 3) related pursuit/capture data; and 4) when possible, projected odds of this contract going back to the incumbent.
Competitive Details (if known) related to the predecessor contract:
- Funding Agency: Department of Health and Human Services / Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Incumbent: FU Associates
- Contract Vehicle: This was last competed Full and Open using GSA IT-70.
- Expected Competition Date: Fiscal Year 2023 – date tbd
- Contract Details and Spend to Date for Award ID 75FCMC18F0070
Scope: A core focus for the Medicare Coverage Information Management contract is to “develop, manage and maintain the MCIM data collection, management and reporting system that provides timely information for beneficiary purchasing decisions, coverage decisions, and payment management to both external and internal CMS stakeholders. Activities include supporting the MCD website, which provides beneficiaries, physicians and suppliers with general and specific data on national and local coverage policies, along with several backend databases supported by web-based data entry tools, as well as the Lab Edit Module, which is a mainframe application that provides quarterly billing code updates to Part A and Part B Medicare Administrative Contractors.”
** Please note that OS AI will not speculate here as to the accuracy of any scope details provided and/or any current plans related to the timing, details, and likelihood of any recompete.
- CMS Medicare Coverage Information Management Overview, Source: FU Associates
- Just Published: New Small Business Alliances formed for some leading GovCon companies in FY 2022
- Just Published: 3 New Joint Ventures to watch in FY2023, especially if you cover VA T4NG, IRS and/or CMS
- Org Chart – CMS Approved Leadership as of August 25, 2022
- FY2023 CMS Congressional Justification of Estimates for CMS
- Find the latest CMS Procurement Forecast here – updated October 3, 2022
Sample of Key Potential Points of Contact (current or past):
- Elaine Dolina, Program Office POC, CMS
- Sabrina Thompson, Contracts, CMS
- Nathaniel Barbato, Contracts, CMS – email@example.com
- Tia Henderson, Analyst/Testing Coordinator, FU Associates
- Beatricia Goon, Business Development Specialist, FU Associates
- Edward Y Fu, CEO, FU Associates
What are the odds of the incumbent company winning this contract as a Prime again?
The OS AI Bot calculates the odds the incumbent wins this contract back is 60%.
Looking for an 8(a), WOSB, HUBZone or SDVOSB to partner with at CMS? Click Here
You can filter the list by several key indicators, to include socio-economic status, NAICS, Contract vehicle, etc.
If you are a small business with capabilities and socio-economic status that might support this effort, comment below and we will add you to the list.
Firms drawing the most attention:
Included below is a list of the large and small companies we have noted as drawing the most views by Government and industry leaders on the OrangeSlices AI consultant directory over the past week and that bring direct past performance and/or related relationships in support of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
- A Square Group
- Index Analytics
- iTech AG
- Ad Hoc
- HighPoint Digital
- RELI Group
- LeCor Technology Services
- Think Systems (Think)
- ICF / SemanticBits
- Agile Six
- Signature Consulting Group
- Explore Digits
We cannot and will not speculate here as to the reasons for the increased interest, but whether it is a company evaluating them as a potential partner; a federal acquisition leader doing their due diligence; or a consultant weighing their next job move, this group of companies has been receiving increased interest.
Please note that the research requestor for this item received a Premium OS AI Opp Segment report including 1) known details about how/if/when/where this contract will be competed; 2) a list of the top companies that are in position to win today (as well as those who have been making key investments and moves of late to position for a win); and 3) a detailed list of the top potential opportunity influencers any potential bidder will want to get to know.
About OrangeSlices AI
Developed by a team of government and industry contracting subject matter experts, the OrangeSlices AI data driven platform is a publicly available searchable listing of the top information technology and consulting services contractors doing business with the Federal government today. Driven by a robust and comprehensive set of authoritative and trusted data sources, the OS.ai tool is intended to help government and industry leaders find the right partner to help deliver on the important missions of the Federal government. Learn more about how you can engage with OS AI here.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?