A research request was sent to OS AI in late July from a relatively new CIO-SP3 SB Prime and rapidly emerging NIH partner looking for a list of and introduction to some of the top partner [and/or competitor] options related to a potential FY 2023 recompete of a 5-year task to provide Information Technology & Infrastructure Services to the NIH’s National Cancer Institute (NCI)’s Center for Biomedical Informatics and Information Technology (CBIIT).
We at OrangeSlices AI believe in the need for more and better-informed competition, so provided below are some of the details shared with us by the research requestor, followed by some high-level intel, and a list of some of the firms drawing the most views this week, by Government and industry leaders, on the OrangeSlices AI consultant directory in relation to efforts in support of the National Institutes of Health.
Opportunity Details Provided by Requestor
Scope: The focus of this effort is to provide a full Range of Information Technology & Infrastructure Services to the NIH’s National Cancer Institute (NCI)’s CBIIT, the center which manages the IT infrastructure for the entire Institute and provides scientific computing and informatics services in support of the NCI research mission. A focus for this contract was to support CBIIT infrastructure and systems to further cancer treatment mission needs, to include directly supporting NCI’s ServiceNow implementation and how it is used to support the Institute’s IT needs.
** Please note that OS AI will not speculate in this brief report as to the accuracy of any scope details provided and/or any current plans related to the timing, details and likelihood of any recompete. Our premium report provided to the requestor does provide more details, but this report is simply a response to the request.
Competitive Details (if known):
- Funding Agency: Department of Health and Human Services / National Institutes of Health
- Incumbent: Octo Consulting
- Contract Vehicle: This was last competed on CIO-SP3 SB as a Small Business Set-Aside
- Expected Competition Date: Fiscal Year 2023 – date tbd
- Contract Details and Spend to Date for Award ID 140D0418F0391
- Press Release: Octo wins $75M National Cancer Institute IT & Infrastructure Services contract, 2018
- NIH NCI Annual Plan & Budget Proposal for Fiscal Year 2023
- Organization Overview: NIH NCI Center for Biomedical Informatics and Information Technology (CBIIT) Overview/Staff Directory
- Article: NIH NCI CIO: For Digital Transformation a Culture-Focused Strategy is Crucial, 11/2021
- HHS Employee Directory
Key Potential Points of Contact (current or past):
- Allyson Wilson, Program Manager at NIH NCI with Octo
- Aaron Taye, Network Architect and Service Delivery Lead for Facilities, Network, and Storage, NIH NCI with Octo
- Evelyn Avanesian, Vice President of Growth for Health and Financial Services accounts at Octo
- Eric Williams, IT Services and Support Branch (ITSSB), NIH National Cancer Institute (NCI)
- Jeff Shilling, CIO and Chief of IT at National Cancer Institute (NCI), Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO)
- David Chang, Branch Chief, NIH National Cancer Institute (NCI)
Firms drawing the most attention:
Included below is a list of the large and small companies we have noted were searched and viewed the most on OrangeSlices AI over the past week and that bring direct past performance in support of the National Institutes of Health.
- IQ Solutions
- Abt Associates
- Axle Informatics
- eKuber Ventures
- Information Management Services (IMS)
- Weems Design Studio
- Digital Infuzion
- Malbaie Solutions
- The Scientific Consulting Group
Please note that the research requestor for this item received a detailed intelligence report including 1) known details about how/if/when/where this contract will be competed; 2) a list of the top companies that are in position to win today (as well as those who have been making key investments and moves of late to position for a win); and 3) a list of the top potential opportunity influencers any bidder will want to get to know. Whether it is current government leaders driving change, industry leaders, or recent former Federal officials who can support capture, serve as key personnel, or ensure delivery upon award, this is a group of leaders any bidder will want to get to know.
Want to see more firms with direct past performance with the National Institutes of Health or the National Cancer Institute? You can start here.
Is your company pursuing this effort or similar opportunities?
Let others know you are interested in joining a team by either 1) Logging In and Commenting Below; or 2) Contacting us Here so we can add you to the list.
- From HHS and DHS to VA and IRS, check out a list here of all the research requests, mostly related to open solicitations and RFIs, the Orange Slices team has been asked to work on thus far in July.
- Included here is a list of the new SB Alliances formed for some leading GovCon companies in advance of Q4 FY 2022
- Federal Agency Forecasts for fiscal year (FY) 2022
About OrangeSlices AI
Developed by a team of government and industry contracting subject matter experts, the OrangeSlices AI data driven platform is a publicly available searchable listing of the top information technology and consulting services contractors doing business with the Federal government today. Driven by a robust and comprehensive set of authoritative and trusted data sources, the OS.ai tool is intended to help government and industry leaders find the right partner to help deliver on the important missions of the Federal government. Learn more about how you can engage with OS AI here.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
You must be logged in to post a comment.