A research request was recently provided to OS AI from a mid-tier advisory and digital services provider looking for details related to a potential FY 2023 recompete of this Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services contract to enhance and maintain an optimized cloud environment for this central data repository.
We at OrangeSlices AI do believe in the need for more and better-informed competition, so provided below are 1) opportunity details provided by the requestor; 2) some key points of contact; 3) related pursuit/capture data; and 4) when possible, projected odds of this contract going back to the incumbent.
Competitive Details (if known) related to the predecessor contract:
- Funding Agency: HHS/ Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Incumbent: CGI Federal
- Contract Vehicle: This was last competed full and open on CMS SPARC.
- Expected Competition Date: Fiscal Year 2023 – date tbd
- Contract Details and Spend to Date for Award ID 75FCMC19F0001
Scope: This contract is to support ongoing efforts to “enhance and maintain an optimized cloud environment for the Health Plan Management System (HPMS), CMS’s central data repository for Medicare Advantage and Part D health care plans.” The incumbent brings almost two decades of experience supporting this “portal for 14,500 users, while delivering HPMS software development and operations support that annually supports 5,000+ active health plans, 1,000+ contract applications and 400+ formularies.” This includes helping to “manage, monitor and track the annual lifecycle activities required by CMS for the successful vetting, signup and execution of every Medicare Advantage and Part D plan.”
** Please note that OS AI will not speculate here as to the accuracy of any scope details provided and/or any current plans related to the timing, details, and likelihood of any recompete.
- CMS picks CGI to optimize cloud, enhance Health Plan Management System, May 28, 2019
- Sources Sought: Health Plan Management System, May 17, 2017
- CMS launches new webpage for HPMS, October 2021
- 2022 Innovation Award Winner Health Plan Management System – Part D Pricing File Submission (HPMS – PDPFS)
- Org Chart – CMS Approved Leadership as of August 25, 2022
- FY2023 CMS Congressional Justification of Estimates for CMS
- CMS SPARC Prime Vendors
- CMS and NIH Procurement Updates, 08/26/2022
- Find the latest CMS Procurement Forecast here – update September 1, 2022
Sample of Key Potential Points of Contact (current or past):
- Evelyn Dixon, Contracts, CMS – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kimberly Engles, Contracts, CMS – email@example.com
- Lori Robinson, Director, Division of Plan Data, CMS
- Claudia Marsicek, Sr. Business Analyst, CGI Federal
- Ksheeraja Velangulam, Vice President Consulting Services, CGI Federal
- Laura Getz, Portfolio Manager for Large Federal Government Contracts, CGI Federal
What are the odds of the incumbent company winning this contract as a Prime again?
The OS AI Bot calculates the odds the incumbent wins this contract back is 60%.
Looking for a partner? Click Here to find a searchable listing of the top firms with direct past performance in support of CMS on similar consulting efforts.
Is your company pursuing this effort or similar opportunities as a Prime or Sub? Let others know you are interested by commenting below.
Firms drawing the most attention:
Included below is a list of the large and small companies we have noted as drawing the most views by Government and industry leaders on the OrangeSlices AI consultant directory over the past week and that bring direct past performance and/or related relationships in support of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
- A Square Group
- Next Phase
- HighPoint Digital
We cannot and will not speculate here as to the reasons for the increased interest, but whether it is a company evaluating them as a potential partner; a federal acquisition leader doing their due diligence; or a consultant weighing their next job move, this group of companies has been receiving increased interest.
Please note that the research requestor for this item received a Premium OS AI Opp Segment report including 1) known details about how/if/when/where this contract will be competed; 2) a list of the top companies that are in position to win today (as well as those who have been making key investments and moves of late to position for a win); and 3) a detailed list of the top potential opportunity influencers any potential bidder will want to get to know.
About OrangeSlices AI
Developed by a team of government and industry contracting subject matter experts, the OrangeSlices AI data driven platform is a publicly available searchable listing of the top information technology and consulting services contractors doing business with the Federal government today. Driven by a robust and comprehensive set of authoritative and trusted data sources, the OS.ai tool is intended to help government and industry leaders find the right partner to help deliver on the important missions of the Federal government. Learn more about how you can engage with OS AI here.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?