A research request was recently provided to OS AI from an emerging IT and infrastructure services provider and CIO-SP4 Prime bidder looking for details related to a potential FY 2023 recompete of this National Institutes of Health contract.
We at OrangeSlices AI believe in the need for more and better-informed competition, so provided below are a few of the 1) opportunity details provided by the requestor; 2) some key points of contact; 3) related pursuit/capture data; and 4) when possible, projected odds of this contract going back to the incumbent.
Competitive Details (if known):
- Funding Agency: Department of Health and Human Services / National Institutes of Health
- Incumbent: GRSi
- Contract Vehicle: This was last competed as a small business set-aside on CIO-SP3 SB.
- Expected Competition Date: Fiscal Year 2023 – date tbd
- Contract Details and Spend to Date for Award ID 140D0418F0420
Scope: This predecessor contract was put in place to provide the National Cancer Institute’s Information Technology Operations Branch (IITOB) with “a range of project management and technical support services to improve the quality of its IT services and customer relationships, to include providing technical and professional support to assist in implementing an efficient and effective Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) framework and a full range of Desktop Management and User Support services, such as account administration and access control, collaboration tool support, hosting, database management, hardware and accessories, security, cloud, and professional services.”
** Please note that OS AI will not speculate here as to the accuracy of any scope details provided and/or any current plans related to the timing, details, and likelihood of any recompete.
- Press Release: GRSi Wins National Cancer Institute (NCI) Service Management and Support Services Award, September 26, 2018
- NIH NCI Annual Plan & Budget Proposal for Fiscal Year 2023
- Article: NIH NCI CIO: For Digital Transformation a Culture-Focused Strategy is Crucial, 11/2021
- HHS Employee Directory
Sample of Key Potential Points of Contact (current or past):
- Eric Williams, IT Services and Support Branch (ITSSB), NIH National Cancer Institute (NCI)
- Jeff Shilling, CIO and Chief of IT at National Cancer Institute (NCI), Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO)
- David Chang, Branch Chief, NIH National Cancer Institute (NCI)
- Russell Pfeiffer, Contract Specialist, Interior Dept, email@example.com
- David Affeldt, President and CEO, GRSi
- Diane Yarnell, Executive Vice President, Chief of Staff, CIO-SP3 Program Manager, GRSi
- Geoff Koslow, Program Manager at NIH/NCI, GRSi
- Koon Kim, Desktop Support Team Leader, National Cancer Institute (NCI), GRSi
What are the odds of GRSi winning this contract as a Prime again?
The OS AI bot ran two scenarios for this.
Scenario 1: If competed on CIO-SP3 SB: OS AI bot has it at 55%
Scenario 2: If competed on CIO-SP4: N/A Not enough information available.
Is your company pursuing this effort or similar opportunities? Let others know you are interested in joining or priming a team by commenting below.
Firms drawing the most attention:
Included below is a list of the large and small companies we have noted as drawing the most views by Government and industry leaders on the OrangeSlices AI consultant directory over the past week and that bring direct past performance and/or related relationships in support of the National Institutes of Health.
- BLH Technologies
- Black Canyon Consulting
- Golden Key Group
- Capitol Advisors of Technology
- BLH Technologies
- InCom Technologies
- HD HR Consulting
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- Information Management Services
- IQ Solutions
- Abt Associates
- Axle Informatics
- eKuber Ventures
- Information Management Services (IMS)
- Weems Design Studio
- Digital Infuzion
- Malbaie Solutions
- The Scientific Consulting Group
- Arch Systems
- Gunnison Consulting Group
Please note that the research requestor for this item received a Premium OS AI Opp Segment report including 1) known details about how/if/when/where this contract will be competed; 2) a list of the top companies that are in position to win today (as well as those who have been making key investments and moves of late to position for a win); and 3) a detailed list of the top potential opportunity influencers any potential bidder will want to get to know.
About OrangeSlices AI
Developed by a team of government and industry contracting subject matter experts, the OrangeSlices AI data driven platform is a publicly available searchable listing of the top information technology and consulting services contractors doing business with the Federal government today. Driven by a robust and comprehensive set of authoritative and trusted data sources, the OS.ai tool is intended to help government and industry leaders find the right partner to help deliver on the important missions of the Federal government. Learn more about how you can engage with OS AI here.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?