A research request was recently provided to OS AI from an SDVOSB provider of agile development and improvement methodologies looking for details related to a potential FY 2023 recompete of this Department of Veterans Affairs Veterans Experience Office (VEO) Support BPA.
We at OrangeSlices AI do believe in the need for more and better-informed competition, so provided below are 1) opportunity details provided by the requestor; 2) some key points of contact; 3) related pursuit/capture data; and 4) when possible, projected odds of this contract going back to the incumbent.
Competitive Details (if known) related to the predecessor contract:
- Funding Agency: Department of Veterans Affairs
- Incumbent: Booz Allen Hamilton
- Contract Vehicle: This was last competed as full and open using GSA FSS.
- Expected Competition Date: Fiscal Year 2023 – date tbd
- Contract Details and Spend to Date for Award ID 36C10X18A0018
Scope: The last iteration of this 5-year single-award BPA was put in place to “provide support to the VA as EM&PI deploys a customer experience capability for leadership and employees to see trending concerns and predictions on emerging topics in specific VA lines of business before they become problematic. This includes efforts to conduct and continually expand performance improvement training, using customer experience data to enhance service delivery across VA lines of business.”
** Please note that OS AI will not speculate here as to the accuracy of any scope details provided and/or any current plans related to the timing, details, and likelihood of any recompete.
- RFI: Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)Office of Veterans Experience (OVE) Business Support for Measurement Performance Improvement (EM&PI), July 2018
- Veterans Experience Office (VEO) Org Structure and Goals for 2022 – 2028. Source Veterans Affairs
- Case Study: Transforming the Veterans experience. Customer experience tool powered by advanced analytics. Source: Booz Allen Hamilton
- CX as Your Sacred Duty with John Boerstler, CXO at the U.S. Department of Veterans’ Affairs, The Customer Experience Show. November 8, 2021
- Barbara Morton – “How one office has transformed Veteran experience” Source: Government Matters, September 6, 2022
- Review of the FY 2023 Budget and 2024 Advance Appropriations Requests, Veterans Affairs, June 2022
Sample of Key Potential Points of Contact (current or past):
- Micah Kauzlarich, Contracts, Veterans Affairs – email@example.com
- Anthony Zibolski, Contracts, Strategic Acquisition Center Frederick, Veterans Affairs – firstname.lastname@example.org
- John Boerstler, Chief Experience Officer (CXO)Chief Experience Officer (CXO), Veterans Affairs
- Barbara Morton, Deputy Chief Veterans Experience Officer, Veterans Affairs
- Anil Tilbe, Leader at the intersection of AI and Product, U.S. Federal Government
What are the odds of the incumbent company winning this contract as a Prime again?
The OS AI Bot calculates the odds the incumbent wins this contract back is 55%.
Looking for a partner? Click Here to find a searchable listing of the top firms with direct past performance in support of the Veterans Affairs on similar consulting efforts.
Is your company pursuing this effort or similar opportunities as a Prime or Sub? Let others know you are interested by commenting below.
Firms drawing the most attention:
Included below is a list of the large and small companies we have noted as drawing the most views by Government and industry leaders on the OrangeSlices AI consultant directory over the past week and that bring direct past performance and/or related relationships in support of the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Aptive Resources
- ReefPoint Group
- BDR Solutions / Dexteritech
- 9th Way Insignia
- Ad Hoc
- Agile Six
- Syms Strategic Group
- Calloway & Associates
- Technical Assent
We cannot and will not speculate here as to the reasons for the increased interest, but whether it is a company evaluating them as a potential partner; a federal acquisition leader doing their due diligence; or a consultant weighing their next job move, this group of companies has been receiving increased interest.
Please note that the research requestor for this item received a Premium OS AI Opp Segment report including 1) known details about how/if/when/where this contract will be competed; 2) a list of the top companies that are in position to win today (as well as those who have been making key investments and moves of late to position for a win); and 3) a detailed list of the top potential opportunity influencers any potential bidder will want to get to know.
About OrangeSlices AI
Developed by a team of government and industry contracting subject matter experts, the OrangeSlices AI data driven platform is a publicly available searchable listing of the top information technology and consulting services contractors doing business with the Federal government today. Driven by a robust and comprehensive set of authoritative and trusted data sources, the OS.ai tool is intended to help government and industry leaders find the right partner to help deliver on the important missions of the Federal government. Learn more about how you can engage with OS AI here.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
They really own VEO so it is much closer to 100% odds they win it back.