A major Federal Health player and emerging VA partner recently submitted a research request to OS AI looking for a list of some of the top partner [and/or competitor] options related to a potential FY 2023 recompete of this 5-year task awarded in 2018 to support the Department of Veterans Affairs Financial Service Center.
Please note that as this was requested research, only a high-level view is provided here. The research requester received the complete report and list of partner options.
Provided below are some of the competitive details shared with us by the requestor, followed by some high-level research, and what we call our Six Four One.
Details Provided by Requestor
Scope: The initial scope of this effort was to provide support to FSC in developing and deploying analytic products covering the full spectrum of analytics, which includes the (1) use, development, deployment, configuration and customization of business intelligence and analytics software, (2) use of statistical/programming language, to include Statistical Analysis System (SAS), R and Python, (3) integration of statistical/quantitative results into visualization models, (4) use of contemporary analytic methods in loss prevention, (5) establishing and developing performance management metrics, (6) providing enterprise data governance and data management support, and (7) deployment and management of analytic solutions across a large federal organization.
This included enabling the FSC to provide analytic support in the following core business areas: Purchase card analytics; travel card analytics; VA Time and Attendance System (VATAS) analytic support; fraud prevention and detection; improper payments; healthcare claims; financial performance; oversight metrics and monitoring; data governance and management; data quality; survey analytics; and procurement and spend analytics statistical sampling. Technical environment has included SQL, TIBCO Spotfire, R, Python, SPSS, SAS, Azure Databricks and related applications.
Competitive Details (if known):
- Funding Agency: Department of Veterans Affairs
- Incumbent: Booz Allen Hamilton
- Contract Vehicle: This was last competed on VA T4NG
- NAICS Series: 541512
- Expected Competition Date: Fiscal Year 2023 – date tbd
- Contract Details and Spend to Date for Contract ID 36C10B18N10070012
- Video: Cloud and Data Science Modernization of VA FSC with Azure Databricks, Data+ AI Summit 2022
- Seeking SDVOSB firms with VA Financial Services Center (FSC) expertise, 2022
- Review of the FY 2023 Budget and 2024 Advance Appropriations Requests, Veterans Affairs, June 2022
- VA T4NG Prime POC Listing
Key Points of Contact:
- Scott Meier, Director, Data Analytics Service – Financial Services Center, Veterans Affairs
- Matthew Newell, Contracting Officer, Veterans Affair
- Brandon Caltabilota, Contracting, VA
The Top Partners and Competitors and the Six Four One
A list of 37 large and small companies who were well positioned to win this contract (as a Prime or key sub), as well as 14 key influencers, was generated and provided to the research requestor. The full list will not be published publicly, but we are including here what we call our Six Four One.
Six emerging small businesses to know
Four large firms making recent strategic investments in support of the agency
Note: This group of 10 companies is a subset of the 37 companies we identified and provided as part of the broader partners and competitors list. Whether it is key hires, key investments, or a proven ability to win, the list highlighted companies positioned to bid and win this contract, as a sub or Prime. Investments do not guarantee success, but they do signify intent.
One agency opportunity influencer
- David Fuller, Chief of Data Analytics Division – Financial Services Center, Veterans Affairs
Note: OS AI provided a list of 14 key opportunity influencers to the requester. Whether it is a current government leader driving change, an industry leader, or a recent former Federal official who can support capture, serve as key personnel, or ensure delivery upon award, this is a group of leaders any bidder will want to get to know.
Is your company pursuing this effort or similar opportunities?
- From HHS and DHS to VA and IRS, check out a list here of all the research requests, mostly related to open solicitations and RFIs, the Orange Slices team has been asked to work on thus far in July.
- Included here is a list of the new SB Alliances formed for some leading GovCon companies in advance of Q4 FY 2022
- Federal Agency Forecasts for fiscal year (FY) 2022
About OrangeSlices AI
Developed by a team of government and industry contracting subject matter experts, the OrangeSlices AI data driven platform is a publicly available searchable listing of the top information technology and consulting services contractors doing business with the Federal government today. Driven by a robust and comprehensive set of authoritative and trusted data sources, the OS.ai tool is intended to help government and industry leaders find the right partner to help deliver on the important missions of the Federal government. Learn more about how you can engage with OS AI here.