A research request was recently provided to OS AI from an 8(a) small business Federal Health IT and bioinformatics specialist and CIO-SP4 Prime bidder, looking for details related to a potential FY 2023 recompete of this Department of Health and Human Services National Institutes of Health contract.
We at OrangeSlices AI do believe in the need for more and better-informed competition, so provided below are 1) opportunity details provided by the requestor; 2) some key points of contact; 3) related pursuit/capture data; and 4) when possible, projected odds of this contract going back to the incumbent.
Competitive Details (if known) related to the predecessor contract:
- Funding Agency: HHS/NIH/National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID)
- Incumbent: NTT Data by way of its acquisition of NETE
- Contract Vehicle: This was last competed on CIO-SP3 SB and it is identified by NITAAC as having been a total small business set-aside action.
- OS AI Note: NITAAC recently announced “an extension of the CIO-SP3 Small Business Government-Wide Acquisition Contract (GWAC) through 4/29/23 on current modifications.” Monitor updates related to this GWAC here.
- Expected Competition Date: 2023 – date tbd
- OS AI Note: The current period of performance is expected to run into early 2024, with a projected solicitation in late 2023 if this is recompeted.
- Contract Details and Spend to Date for Award ID 75N98119F00012
The scope for the predecessor NIAID Clinical Data Management Systems (CDMS) requirement was expected to include “scientific and administrative data management, information technology, contract program management, and informatics support consulting services including delivery order management; project and task management; business and technical architecture; application, system, and database design, development, and maintenance; informatics and IT consulting; systems security and information assurance, training, compliance, clinical study medical image data management support, professional technical, and management support and subject matter expertise.”
** Please note that OS AI will not speculate here as to the accuracy of any scope details provided and/or any current plans related to the timing, details, and likelihood of any recompete.
- NTT DATA Services Closes Acquisition Of NETE, December 2019
- 24 of the top RFP/RFQ Targets for National Institutes of Health (NIH) in 2023
- Congressional Justification FY 2023, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
- NIAID CIO on IT priorities in health care, public health, research and more, 03/31/2022
- NIH NIAID Office of Cyber Infrastructure and Computational Biology (OCICB) – Contacts
- NIAID Org Chart
- HHS Employee Directory
Sample of Key Potential Points of Contact (current or past):
- Erin F Pacifico, Contracts, NITAAC, NIH – email@example.com
- Mike Tartakovsky, CIO, NIAID
- Joe Croghan, Associate Director of Informatics, NIAID
- Alexander Rosenthal, Chief Technology Officer, NIAID
- Kanwal Bajwa, Project Manager, NTT Data
- Rajesh Easterraj, Solution Architect & Delivery Lead at National Institute of Health (NIAID/NIH), NTT DATA
- Anthony Kalaskas, Proposals Advisor, NTT DATA
- Detra Gray, Executive Director, NTT DATA Services
What are the odds of the incumbent company winning this contract as a Prime again?
If competed as a small business set-aside action, the odds of NTT data winning as a Prime are zero, but if this ends up being competed as an unrestricted solicitation, OS AI Bot calculates the odds the incumbent wins this contract back is 40%.
OS AI Note: There were only two bidders in 2019, but as is the case when any acquisition has taken place, we expect the interest level, and incumbent capture efforts, to ratchet up on this one.
Looking for an 8(a), WOSB, HUBZone or SDVOSB to partner with at NIH? Click Here
You can filter the list by several key indicators, to include socio-economic status, NAICS, Contract vehicle, etc.
If you are a small business with capabilities and socio-economic status that might support this effort, comment below and we will add you to the list.
Firms drawing the most attention:
Included below is a list of the large and small companies we have noted as drawing the most views by Government and industry leaders on the OrangeSlices AI consultant directory over the past week and that bring direct past performance and/or related relationships in support of NIAID
- GRSi, recently acquired by DLH
- Black Canyon Consulting
- Octo, recently announced intent to be acquired by IBM
- GAP Solutions
- GDIT **
- NTT DATA
- The Scientific Consulting Group
- Digital Infuzion
- Malbaie Solutions
- Axle Informatics
- Weems Design Studio
- LCG Systems
- Intact Technology
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- Soft Tech Consulting
- T and T Consulting
** An Elev8 GovCon Honoree, noted for a corporate culture that demonstrates its own excellence, making the company a beacon for talent, for partners, and for clients.
We cannot and will not speculate here as to the reasons for the increased interest, but whether it is a company evaluating them as a potential partner; a federal acquisition leader doing their due diligence; or a consultant weighing their next job move, this group of companies has been receiving increased interest.
Please note that the research requestor for this item received a Premium OS AI Opp Segment report including 1) known details about how/if/when/where this contract will be competed; 2) a list of the top companies that are in position to win today (as well as those who have been making key investments and moves of late to position for a win); and 3) a detailed list of the top potential opportunity influencers any potential bidder will want to get to know.
About OrangeSlices AI
Developed by a team of government and industry contracting subject matter experts, the OrangeSlices AI data driven platform is a publicly available searchable listing of the top information technology and consulting services contractors doing business with the Federal government today. Driven by a robust and comprehensive set of authoritative and trusted data sources, the OS.ai tool is intended to help government and industry leaders find the right partner to help deliver on the important missions of the Federal government.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?