A research request was sent to OS AI this past week from an 8(a) Small Business Chief Growth Officer looking for a list of some of the top partner [and/or competitor] options related to a potential FY 2023 recompete of an Information Security Support contract out of the International Trade Administration. The original contract was awarded in early 2018.
Please note that as this was requested research, only a high-level view is provided here. The research requester received the complete report and list of partner options.
Provided below are some of the competitive details shared with us by the requestor, followed by some high-level research, and what we call our Six Four One.
Details Provided by Requestor
Scope: A focus of this contract is on providing program management services and supporting security assessment and authorization for hosted, as well as cloud-based systems. This includes efforts to support vulnerability management, penetration testing, a security operations center and the privacy program.
Competitive Details (if known):
- Funding Agency: Department of Commerce / International Trade Administration
- Incumbent: Electrosoft
- Contract Vehicle: This was last competed on 8(a) STARS II.
- NAICS Series: 541512
- Expected Competition Date: Fiscal Year 2023 – date tbd
- Contract Details and Spend to Date for Award ID 140D0418F0503
- Press Release: Electrosoft Awarded $41 Million IT Information Security Services Contract
- International Trade Administration Budget Estimates Fiscal Year 2023
Key Points of Contact:
- Sarbari Gupta, President & CEO, Electrosoft
- Kevin Thomas, SVP, Strategic Growth, Electrosoft
- May Cheng, Deputy Chief Information Officer, International Trade Administration
- Nathan Bergman, Chief Technology Officer at International Trade Administration
- Michael Hunt, Director, Enterprise Acquisitions & Operations at U.S. Department of Commerce
The Top Partners and Competitors and the Six Four One
A list of 26 large and small companies who were well positioned to win this contract, as well as 11 key influencers, was generated and provided to the research requestor. The full list will not be published publicly, but we are including here what we call our Six Four One.
Six emerging small businesses to know
Four large firms making strategic investments in support of the agency
Note: This group of 10 companies is a subset of the 26 companies we identified and provided as part of the broader partners and competitors list. Whether it is key hires, key investments, or a proven ability to win, the list highlighted companies positioned to bid and win this contract, as a sub or Prime. Investments do not guarantee success, but they do signify intent.
One agency opportunity influencer
- Joe Ramsey, Chief Information Security Officer at International Trade Administration
Note: OS AI provided a list of 11 key opportunity influencers to the requester. Whether it is a current government leader driving change, an industry leader, or a recent former Federal official who can support capture, serve as key personnel, or ensure delivery upon award, this is a group of leaders any bidder will want to get to know.
Is your company pursuing this effort or similar opportunities?
- From HHS and DHS to VA and IRS, check out a list here of all the research requests, mostly related to open solicitations and RFIs, the Orange Slices team has been asked to work on thus far in July.
- Included here is a list of the new SB Alliances formed for some leading GovCon companies in advance of Q4 FY 2022
- Federal Agency Forecasts for fiscal year (FY) 2022
About OrangeSlices AI
Developed by a team of government and industry contracting subject matter experts, the OrangeSlices AI data driven platform is a publicly available searchable listing of the top information technology and consulting services contractors doing business with the Federal government today. Driven by a robust and comprehensive set of authoritative and trusted data sources, the OS.ai tool is intended to help government and industry leaders find the right partner to help deliver on the important missions of the Federal government. Learn more about how you can engage with OS AI here.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?