A research request was recently provided to OS AI from a woman-owned SDVOSB and long-time partner to the Department of Veterans Affairs looking for details related to a potential FY 2023 recompete of this Department of Veterans Affairs contract to develop and refine hospitalization reporting capabilities related to benefit entitlement reviews and decisions.
We at OrangeSlices AI do believe in the need for more and better-informed competition, so provided below are 1) opportunity details provided by the requestor; 2) some key points of contact; 3) related pursuit/capture data; and 4) when possible, projected odds of this contract going back to the incumbent.
Competitive Details (if known) related to the predecessor contract:
- Funding Agency: Department of Veterans Affairs
- Incumbent: Amida Technology Solutions
- Contract Vehicle: This was last competed as a small business set-aside actio on GSA IT-70.
- Expected Competition Date: Fiscal Year 2023 – date tbd
- Contract Details and Spend to Date for Award ID 36C10E20F0149
Scope: An initial focus for the predecessor three-year VA Modern Claims Processing (MCP) support contract was to “work with VA to develop and refine hospitalization reporting capabilities related to benefit entitlement reviews and decisions.” The initiative was to include “an expansion of VA’s data-mapping efforts of Disability Benefits Questionnaires (DBQs) to adjudication criteria” with the contractor set to “conduct data analytics-based studies of current disability compensation operations to simplify the claims adjudication process for VA employees.” A logical follow-on task was awarded in the Summer of 2022 to support “Integration of disability automation capabilities into VRO for the disabilities identified in” the JOFOC (see below).
** Please note that OS AI will not speculate here as to the accuracy of any scope details provided and/or any current plans related to the timing, details, and likelihood of any recompete.
- VA JOFOC – Modern Claims Processing Program (MCP) Support Services Modification Add CLINs and Funds, June 2, 2022
- Amida Technology Solutions Awarded $17 Million Data Management Contract Under IT-70, August 12, 2020
- Atlas Research and Amida Win Contract to Modernize Claims Processing for Separating Servicemembers, August 22, 2019
- Review of the FY 2023 Budget and 2024 Advance Appropriations Requests, Veterans Affairs, June 2022
Sample of Key Potential Points of Contact (current or past):
- James Pemberton, Contracts, VA – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jorge Martin, Contracts, VA – email@example.com
- Chris Brown, former SME with Atlas Research on the VA MCP Processing natural language processing (NLP) proof of concept.
- Nassim Adib-Moradi, Former Amida Program Manager for the Modern Claims Processing Program with the Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) (Now with GovCio)
- Peter Levin, Former VA CTO and current Co-Founder and CEO of Amida Technology Solutions
- Christopher Allan, Program Analyst, Veterans Affairs
What are the odds of the incumbent company winning this contract as a Prime again?
If this is not competed as an SDVOSB set-aside action, the OS AI Bot calculates the odds the incumbent wins this contract back is 65%.
Looking for an 8(a), WOSB, HUBZone and/or SDVOSB to partner with at VA? Click Here
You can filter the list by several key indicators, to include socio-economic status, NAICS, Contract vehicle, etc.
If you are a company with capabilities that make you a potential partner, comment below and we will add you to the list.
VA focused firms drawing the most attention in the past week:
Included below is a list of the large and small companies we have noted as drawing the most views by Government and industry leaders on the OrangeSlices AI consultant directory over the past week and that bring direct past performance and/or related relationships in support of the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Veteran Technology Integrators (VTI)
- Client First Technologies
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- Rios Partners
- Octo/B3 Group
- Atlas Research
- Prometheus Federal Services (PFS) / Titan Alpha
- Trilogy Federal
- Technical Assent
- Dynamic Government Resources (DGR)
- Worldwide Counter Threat Solutions
- DynaVet Solutions
- Alamo City Engineering Services (ACES)
- Ad Hoc
- Blue Water Thinking
- MO Studio
We cannot and will not speculate here as to the reasons for the increased interest, but whether it is a company evaluating them as a potential partner; a federal acquisition leader doing their due diligence; or a consultant weighing their next job move, this group of companies has been receiving increased interest.
Please note that the research requestor for this item received a Premium OS AI Opp Segment report including 1) known details about how/if/when/where this contract will be competed; 2) a list of the top companies that are in position to win today (as well as those who have been making key investments and moves of late to position for a win); and 3) a detailed list of the top potential opportunity influencers any potential bidder will want to get to know.
About OrangeSlices AI
Developed by a team of government and industry contracting subject matter experts, the OrangeSlices AI data driven platform is a publicly available searchable listing of the top information technology and consulting services contractors doing business with the Federal government today. Driven by a robust and comprehensive set of authoritative and trusted data sources, the OS.ai tool is intended to help government and industry leaders find the right partner to help deliver on the important missions of the Federal government. Learn more about how you can engage with OS AI here.