A research request was recently provided to OS AI from an equity backed mid-tier management consultancy that specializes in program integrity, looking for details related to a potential FY 2023 recompete of this 5-year Department of Health and Human Services Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services contract.
We at OrangeSlices AI do believe in the need for more and better-informed competition, so provided below are 1) opportunity details provided by the requestor; 2) some key points of contact; 3) related pursuit/capture data; and 4) when possible, projected odds of this contract going back to the incumbent.
Competitive Details (if known) related to the predecessor contract:
- Funding Agency: HHS / Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Incumbent: KPMG
- Contract Vehicle: This was last competed using GSA FSS.
- Expected Competition Date: Fiscal Year 2023 – date tbd
- OS AI Note: The latest forecast shows the RFQ release date as March of 2023.
- Contract Details and Spend to Date for Award ID 75FCMC20F0076
Note: The NAICS code used during the last competition was 541211 – Offices of Certified Public Accountants. This was used for the most recent and the predecessor contract.
Scope: Expected to be 5-years in duration as part of the next contract, a focus of the Operated Risk Adjustment Data Validation Program Implementation Support contract is to develop and conduct RADV support on behalf of the Department of Health & Human Services (HHS).
Some of the known prior experience the incumbent brings at CMS in support of RADV includes: “Performing A-123 services over the Risk Adjustment, Reinsurance Risk Corridors, Data Collection Database, and Cost Sharing Reduction programs under the Affordable Care Act (ACA) for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid (CMS); advising CMS on potential oversight strategies for the Risk Adjustment and Reinsurance programs including audit work program development based upon published regulations; drafting audit protocols and communications for the Risk Adjustment Data Validation (RADV) process to external parties; preparation of training materials and communications based upon the audit protocols and audit system for the RADV process to external parties; and preparation of Standard Operating Procedures for the CMS operational program.”
** Please note that OS AI will not speculate here as to the accuracy of any scope details provided and/or any current plans related to the timing, details, and likelihood of any recompete.
- HHS/CMS Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight HHS Risk Adjustment Data Validation (HHS-RADV) White Paper, December 6, 2019
- CMS Opportunity Updates (ACME, NDW, Cloud Ops, ECIS, etc.); Zoom Bombers; Big Mustaches; and more…, November 3, 2022
- 3 New Joint Ventures to watch in FY2023, especially if you cover VA T4NG, IRS and/or CMS
- 20+ Federal CMS Focused Companies drawing a lot of attention this Summer, October 2022
- Org Chart – CMS Approved Leadership as of November 1, 2022
- FY2023 CMS Congressional Justification of Estimates for CMS
- HHS Employee Directory
- New Small Business Alliances formed for some leading GovCon companies in FY 2022
- 30 HHS-Focused Woman-Owned Small Businesses making noise as we enter FY 2023
Sample of Key Potential Points of Contact (current or past):
- Malissa Shin, Contracts, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Megan Famodu, Contracts, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) – email@example.com
- Keshanna Elrington, Perogram POC, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Tom Dowd, Principal, Civilian Sector Leader and Health and Human Services Lead Account Partner, KPMG
- Young Kim, Federal Healthcare Partner/Principal, KPMG US
- Nicholas Shano, Director, Federal CIO Advisory, KPMG
- Thomas Matteo, Federal Healthcare Partner, KPMG
What are the odds of the incumbent company winning this contract as a Prime again?
Assuming CMS stays with the current NAICS, OS AI Bot calculates the odds the incumbent wins this contract back is 65%.
Looking for an 8(a), WOSB, HUBZone or SDVOSB to partner with at CMS? Click Here
You can filter the list by several key indicators, to include socio-economic status, NAICS, Contract vehicle, etc.
If you are a small business with capabilities and socio-economic status that might support this effort, comment below and we will add you to the list.
Firms drawing the most attention:
Included below is a list of the large and small companies we have noted as drawing the most views by Government and industry leaders on the OrangeSlices AI consultant directory over the past week and that bring direct past performance and/or related relationships in support of CMS.
- RELI Group
- Insight Policy Research
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- A Square Group
- nDemand Consulting Services
- Visual Connections
- Signature Consulting Group
- Index Analytics**
- Reveal Global Consulting
** An Elev8 GovCon Honoree, noted for a corporate culture that demonstrates its own excellence, making the company a beacon for talent, for partners, and for clients.
We cannot and will not speculate here as to the reasons for the increased interest, but whether it is a company evaluating them as a potential partner; a federal acquisition leader doing their due diligence; or a consultant weighing their next job move, this group of companies has been receiving increased interest.
Please note that the research requestor for this item received a Premium OS AI Opp Segment report including 1) known details about how/if/when/where this contract will be competed; 2) a list of the top companies that are in position to win today (as well as those who have been making key investments and moves of late to position for a win); and 3) a detailed list of the top potential opportunity influencers any potential bidder will want to get to know.
About OrangeSlices AI
Developed by a team of government and industry contracting subject matter experts, the OrangeSlices AI data driven platform is a publicly available searchable listing of the top information technology and consulting services contractors doing business with the Federal government today. Driven by a robust and comprehensive set of authoritative and trusted data sources, the OS.ai tool is intended to help government and industry leaders find the right partner to help deliver on the important missions of the Federal government. Learn more about how you can engage with OS AI here.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?