A research request was recently provided to OS AI from a RMADA 2 Prime contract holder looking for details related to a potential FY 2023 recompete of this contract to work with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services to conduct meta-evaluations and compare experiences among select demonstrations.
We at OrangeSlices AI do believe in the need for more and better-informed competition, so provided below are 1) opportunity details provided by the requestor; 2) some key points of contact; 3) related pursuit/capture data; and 4) when possible, projected odds of this contract going back to the incumbent.
Competitive Details (if known) related to the predecessor contract:
- Funding Agency: Department of Health and Human Services / CMS
- Incumbent: RTI
- Contract Vehicle: Last Competed Full and Open on RMADA
- Expected Competition Date: Fiscal Year 2023 – date tbd
- Contract Details and Spend to Date for Award ID 75FCMC18F0004
Scope: In 2018, CMS awarded the Federal Meta-Analysis Support contract to “understand the overall effectiveness of the groups of demonstrations with similar features and how variations in state demonstration features and the context in which they are implemented contribute to differences in effectiveness.”
“To learn from each Medicaid section 1115 demonstration and the groups of such demonstrations with similar features”, this contract was to “work with CMS to conduct meta-evaluations of selected groups of Medicaid section 1115 demonstrations. These meta-evaluations will compare experiences among similar section 1115 demonstrations across states to understand the overall effectiveness of the demonstrations and how variations in state demonstration features and the context in which they are implemented contribute to differences in effectiveness.”
** Please note that OS AI will not speculate here as to the accuracy of any scope details provided and/or any current plans related to the timing, details, and likelihood of any recompete.
- Contract Overview: Federal Meta-Analysis Support: Section 1115 Substance Use Disorder Demonstrations., Source: RTI, February 2020
- Title of Information Collection: Medicaid Section 1115 Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Demonstration: Federal Meta-Analysis Support, Source: Federal Register, March 3, 2022
- Org Chart – CMS Approved Leadership as of August 25, 2022
- FY2023 CMS Congressional Justification of Estimates for CMS
- CMS (IDIQ) Blanket Purchase Agreements (BPA) List, to include all RMADA 2 Prime Awardees
- CMS and NIH Procurement Updates, 08/26/2022
- Find the latest CMS Procurement Forecast here – updated September 15, 2022
Sample of Key Potential Points of Contact (current or past):
- Richard Asher, Contracts, CMS – email@example.com
- Alex Jarema, Contracts, CMS – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michael Trieger, Technical Director, CMS
- Anupa Bir, Vice President – Comprehensive Health Innovation, Research & Policy, RTI International
- Susan Haber, Program Director, RTI International
What are the odds of the incumbent company winning this contract as a Prime again?
The OS AI Bot calculates the odds the incumbent wins this contract back is 45%. There were 5 offers received last time.
Looking for an 8(a), WOSB, HUBZone or SDVOSB to partner with at CMS? Click Here
You can filter the list by several key indicators, to include socio-economic status, NAICS, Contract vehicle, etc.
If you are a small business with capabilities and socio-economic status that might support this effort, comment below and we will add you to the list.
Is your company pursuing this effort or similar opportunities as a Prime or Sub? Let others know you are interested by commenting below.
Firms drawing the most attention:
Included below is a list of the large and small companies we have noted as drawing the most views by Government and industry leaders on the OrangeSlices AI consultant directory over the past week and that bring direct past performance and/or related relationships in support of CMS.
- DLH / Social & Scientific Systems, Inc. (SSS)
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- RELI Group
- Lewin Group
We cannot and will not speculate here as to the reasons for the increased interest, but whether it is a company evaluating them as a potential partner; a federal acquisition leader doing their due diligence; or a consultant weighing their next job move, this group of companies has been receiving increased interest.
Please note that the research requestor for this item received a Premium OS AI Opp Segment report including 1) known details about how/if/when/where this contract will be competed; 2) a list of the top companies that are in position to win today (as well as those who have been making key investments and moves of late to position for a win); and 3) a detailed list of the top potential opportunity influencers any potential bidder will want to get to know.
About OrangeSlices AI
Developed by a team of government and industry contracting subject matter experts, the OrangeSlices AI data driven platform is a publicly available searchable listing of the top information technology and consulting services contractors doing business with the Federal government today. Driven by a robust and comprehensive set of authoritative and trusted data sources, the OS.ai tool is intended to help government and industry leaders find the right partner to help deliver on the important missions of the Federal government. Learn more about how you can engage with OS AI here.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
You must be logged in to post a comment.