A research request was recently provided to OS AI from a large policy research, analytics and implementation firm and current CMS partner looking for details related to a potential FY 2023 recompete of this Department of Health and Human Service Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services contract.
We at OrangeSlices AI do believe in the need for more and better-informed competition, so provided below are 1) opportunity details provided by the requestor; 2) some key points of contact; 3) related pursuit/capture data; and 4) when possible, projected odds of this contract going back to the incumbent.
Competitive Details (if known) related to the predecessor contract:
- Funding Agency: HHS / Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Incumbent: Abt Associates
- Contract Vehicle: This was last competed unrestricted on the $1.6B CMS Measure and Instrument Development and Support (MIDS) IDIQ.
- Expected Competition Date: Fiscal Year 2023 – date tbd
- OS AI Note: This task is not scheduled to end until December of 2023. Any competition would likely take place in late FY 2023 or early FY 2024.
- Contract Details and Spend to Date for Award ID 75FCMC19F0001
Scope: “This 5-year task order is to provide a range of Home Health and Hospice Quality Reporting Program (HQRP) Quality Measures and Assessment Instruments Development, Modification and Maintenance support activities, as well as oversight support of the Quality Reporting Program. Some of the activities expected to take place under the prior contract included developing a new hospice patient assessment instrument that measures clinical care and quality throughout the hospice stay, updating the home health patient assessment instrument to improve data standardization, and developing, testing, and implementing reliable, valid quality measures for these settings of care.” Some of the key subs on this effort include Lantana, Oasis Answers, RAND, Acumen and Visual Connections.
** Please note that OS AI will not speculate here as to the accuracy of any scope details provided and/or any current plans related to the timing, details, and likelihood of any recompete.
- 20+ Federal CMS Focused Companies drawing a lot of attention this Summer, October 2022
- Case Study: Improving Patient Choice: Meaningful Measures of Home Health and Hospice Care Quality, Source: Abt Associates
- Hospice Quality Reporting Program – CMS, Source: CMS, Author: Abt, September 2020
- Org Chart – CMS Approved Leadership as of August 25, 2022
- FY2023 CMS Congressional Justification of Estimates for CMS
- CMS (IDIQ) Blanket Purchase Agreements (BPA) List, to include all CMS MIDS Prime Awardees
- CMS and NIH Procurement Updates, 08/26/2022
- Find the latest CMS Procurement Forecast here – updated October 3, 2022
Sample of Key Potential Points of Contact (current or past):
- Scott Filipovits, Contracts, CMS – email@example.com
- Tennille Coombs, Contracts, CMS – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paul Kolebuck, Chief Growth Officer, Abt Associates
- Dion Trahan, Business Development Partner, Abt Associates
- Zinnia Ng Harrison, Former CMS CMMI Division Director of Health Care Payment Models, Patient Care Models Group and current Senior Associate, Abt Associates
Note: The Requestor receives the full list.
What are the odds of the incumbent company winning this contract as a Prime again?
The OS AI Bot calculates the odds the incumbent wins this contract back is 55%.
Looking for an 8(a), WOSB, HUBZone or SDVOSB to partner with at CMS? Click Here
You can filter the list by several key indicators, to include socio-economic status, NAICS, Contract vehicle, etc.
If you are a small business with capabilities and socio-economic status that might support this effort, comment below and we will add you to the list.
Firms drawing the most attention:
Included below is a list of the large and small companies we have noted as drawing the most views by Government and industry leaders on the OrangeSlices AI consultant directory over the past week and that bring direct past performance and/or related relationships in support of CMS.
- Visual Connections
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- RELI Group
- Lewin Group
- FEI Systems
- A Square Group
- Battelle Memorial Institute
- Arch Systems
We cannot and will not speculate here as to the reasons for the increased interest, but whether it is a company evaluating them as a potential partner; a federal acquisition leader doing their due diligence; or a consultant weighing their next job move, this group of companies has been receiving increased interest.
Please note that the research requestor for this item received a Premium OS AI Opp Segment report including 1) known details about how/if/when/where this contract will be competed; 2) a list of the top companies that are in position to win today (as well as those who have been making key investments and moves of late to position for a win); and 3) a detailed list of the top potential opportunity influencers any potential bidder will want to get to know.
About OrangeSlices AI
Developed by a team of government and industry contracting subject matter experts, the OrangeSlices AI data driven platform is a publicly available searchable listing of the top information technology and consulting services contractors doing business with the Federal government today. Driven by a robust and comprehensive set of authoritative and trusted data sources, the OS.ai tool is intended to help government and industry leaders find the right partner to help deliver on the important missions of the Federal government. Learn more about how you can engage with OS AI here.