A research request was recently provided to OS AI from a small business IT services provider and new CIO-SP3 SB Prime looking for details related to a potential FY 2023 recompete of this Department of Homeland Security (DHS) contract.
The complete response from OS AI is not included here, but we at OrangeSlices AI do believe in the need for more and better-informed competition, so provided below are some of the competitive details.
Opportunity Details Provided by Requestor:
Scope: This BPA is in place to support “digital transformation programs focused on mission area-aligned requirements. Projects will proactively assess new and emerging technologies in support of the constantly evolving mission, evaluate and implement web and mobile application technologies using Agile development methodologies to develop proofs of concept (POC), enhance existing systems, and develop and support new systems. To scale the support for prioritized projects, and to provide necessary planning, architecture, and governance for these solutions, implementation, engineering, development, and operational skills to accelerate digital transformation priorities…”
The predecessor contract was intended to support CBP Office of Information and Technology (OIT) digital transformation efforts through evaluation of various emerging technologies for fit and feasibility, while driving rapid development of POCs, integration of emerging technologies into mission applications and supporting modernized, cloud-based, applications in production for the agency. “Starting from the Agile Roadmap and high priority backlog items”, this contract was to “determine where these initiatives fall along the innovation/experimentation spectrum, and the customer’s desired outcomes, building an Innovation Factory that provides a repeatable framework for CBP for assessing, evaluating, and implementing new ideas and technologies to meet CBP’s needs and augments traditional Agile frameworks with steps for more exploratory and experimental activities such as research, ideation, and proofs of concept.”
Competitive Details (if known):
- Funding Agency: Department of Homeland Security (DHS) / Customs and Border Protection
- Incumbent: Ellumen
- Contract Vehicle: This was last competed on CIO-SP3 SB Prime.
- Expected Competition Date: March 2023 – on GSA Schedule 70 as a Small Business – Note: this is likely to be a moving target as companies and agency leaders work to influence and modify the trajectory for any planned recompete.
- Contract Details and Spend to Date for Award ID 70B04C20F00001377
** Please note that OS AI will not speculate here as to the accuracy of any scope details provided and/or any current plans related to the timing, details, and likelihood of any recompete.
- Digital Transformation Support Services BPA / Acquisition Planning Forecast System – F2022056763
- CBP details Office of Information And Technology’s Trusted Partnership Initiative, 6/02/2022
- CBP Setting up AI Innovation Center, CIO Bhagowalia Says, 08/12/2021
- CBP CIO says agency ahead of schedule migrating apps to the cloud, 08/12/2021
- Congressional Budget Justification for U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) FY 2023
- New SB Alliances formed for some leading National Security GovCon companies
Sample of Key Potential Points of Contact (current or past):
- Michael Chambers, DHS CBP, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fang-ting Manson, Contracts, DHS CBP, email@example.com
- Sharon Hallinan, Contracts, DHS CBP, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sonny Bhagowalia, Chief Information Officer (CIO) , DHS CBP
- Sunil Madhugiri, Chief Technology Officer, DHS CBP
- Mary Vogel, President at Ellumen
- Daniel Wayland, Chief Technology Officer at Ellumen
Firms drawing the most attention:
Included below is a list of the large and small companies we have noted as drawing the most views by Government and industry leaders on the OrangeSlices AI consultant directory over the past week and that bring direct past performance and/or related relationships in support of CBP.
- BAE Systems
- Grant Thornton
- Akira Technologies
- Soft Tech Consulting
- Indigo IT
- RYAN Consulting Group
- Versar / BayFirst Solutions
- XOR Security
- Gray Tier Technologies
- OneZero Solutions
- Pueo Business Solutions (Pueo)
- Sharp Solutions (SSI)
- A1C Partners
- Arch Systems
- Dev Technology
Please note that the research requestor for this item received a Premium OS AI Opp Segment report including 1) known details about how/if/when/where this contract will be competed; 2) a list of the top companies that are in position to win today (as well as those who have been making key investments and moves of late to position for a win); and 3) a detailed list of the top potential opportunity influencers any bidder will want to get to know. Whether it is current government leaders driving change, industry leaders, or recent former Federal officials who can support capture, serve as key personnel, or ensure delivery upon award, this is a group of leaders any bidder will want to get to know.
Want to see more of the top firms with direct past performance in support of DHS CBP on similar IT consulting efforts? You can start here.
Is your company pursuing this effort or similar opportunities? Let others know you are interested in joining a team by either 1) Logging In and Commenting Below (it is free); or 2) Contacting us Here so we can add you.
- From HHS and DHS to VA and IRS, check out a list here of all the research requests, mostly related to open solicitations and RFIs, the Orange Slices team was asked to work on thus far in August
- Included here is a list of the new SB Alliances formed for some leading GovCon companies in advance of Q4 FY 2022
- Federal Agency Forecasts for fiscal year (FY) 2022
About OrangeSlices AI
Developed by a team of government and industry contracting subject matter experts, the OrangeSlices AI data driven platform is a publicly available searchable listing of the top information technology and consulting services contractors doing business with the Federal government today. Driven by a robust and comprehensive set of authoritative and trusted data sources, the OS.ai tool is intended to help government and industry leaders find the right partner to help deliver on the important missions of the Federal government. Learn more about how you can engage with OS AI here.