A research request was recently provided to OS AI from a mid-tier international consulting firm that specializes in Program Integrity and Fraud, Waste, and Abuse looking for details related to a potential FY 2023 recompete of this 4 ½ year Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) contract.
We at OrangeSlices AI do believe in the need for more and better-informed competition, so provided below are 1) opportunity details provided by the requestor; 2) some key points of contact; 3) related pursuit/capture data; and 4) when possible, projected odds of this contract going back to the incumbent.
Competitive Details (if known) related to the predecessor contract:
- Funding Agency: HHS / Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Incumbent: Guidehouse, by way of its recent acquisition of Grant Thornton.
- Contract Vehicle: Last competed Full and Open using GSA PSS
- Expected Competition Date: Fiscal Year 2023 – date tbd
- Contract Details and Spend to Date for Award ID 75FCMC20F0094
OS AI Note: This contract was initially scheduled to end in December of 2024, but the most recent CMS forecast indicates that this contract will be recompeted as early as this February with an award expected next Summer. Contract details below do not indicate that this contract has exceeded a ceiling and we will not speculate here as to what is driving an early recompete.
Scope: “The purpose of the Exchange Improper Payment Measurement (EIPM) Review Contract is to provide an annual review of Exchange enrolments and shall result in an improper payment estimate (that is, the improper payment error rate and dollar amount). EIPM is just one component of the larger Improper Payments Measurement Program. “
** Please note that OS AI will not speculate here as to the accuracy of any scope details provided and/or any current plans related to the timing, details, and likelihood of any recompete.
- Guidehouse Completes Acquisition of Grant Thornton LLP’s Public Sector Advisory Practice, October 3, 2022
- CMS Improper Payments Measurement Programs and EIPM, Source: CMS
- 20+ Federal CMS Focused Companies drawing a lot of attention this Summer, October 2022
- Org Chart – CMS Approved Leadership as of August 25, 2022
- FY2023 CMS Congressional Justification of Estimates for CMS
- HHS Employee Directory
- Find the latest CMS Procurement Forecast here – updated October 3, 2022
- ** Just Published: New Small Business Alliances formed for some leading GovCon companies in FY 2022
Sample of Key Potential Points of Contact (current or past):
- Nicole Hoey, Contracts, CMS – email@example.com
- Ella Curtis, Contracts, CMS – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Belinda Gravel, Program Office/ POC for this requirement, CMS
- Stacy Tselekis, Principal, Grant Thornton
- Don Simpson, Director, Guidehouse
- Monica Radcliffe, Manager, Guidehouse and former Program Integrity Team Lead with CMS
Note: The Requestor receives the full list.
What are the odds of the incumbent company winning this contract as a Prime again?
IF competed in the same way, the OS AI Bot calculates the odds the incumbent wins this contract back at 35%. There were 4 bidders the last time this was competed.
Looking for an 8(a), WOSB, HUBZone or SDVOSB to partner with at CMS? Click Here
You can filter the list by several key indicators, to include socio-economic status, NAICS, Contract vehicle, etc.
If you are a small business with capabilities and socio-economic status that might support this effort, comment below and we will add you to the list.
Firms drawing the most attention:
Included below is a list of the large and small companies we have noted as drawing the most views by Government and industry leaders on the OrangeSlices AI consultant directory over the past week and that bring direct past performance and/or related relationships in support of CMS.
- Insight Policy Research
- Visual Connections
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- RELI Group
- Lewin Group
- A Square Group
- Abt Associates
- Index Analytics
- Reveal Global Consulting
We cannot and will not speculate here as to the reasons for the increased interest, but whether it is a company evaluating them as a potential partner; a federal acquisition leader doing their due diligence; or a consultant weighing their next job move, this group of companies has been receiving increased interest.
Please note that the research requestor for this item received a Premium OS AI Opp Segment report including 1) known details about how/if/when/where this contract will be competed; 2) a list of the top companies that are in position to win today (as well as those who have been making key investments and moves of late to position for a win); and 3) a detailed list of the top potential opportunity influencers any potential bidder will want to get to know.
About OrangeSlices AI
Developed by a team of government and industry contracting subject matter experts, the OrangeSlices AI data driven platform is a publicly available searchable listing of the top information technology and consulting services contractors doing business with the Federal government today. Driven by a robust and comprehensive set of authoritative and trusted data sources, the OS.ai tool is intended to help government and industry leaders find the right partner to help deliver on the important missions of the Federal government. Learn more about how you can engage with OS AI here.