A research request was just sent to OS AI from the CEO of an emerging CMS SPARC Prime looking for a list of some of the top partner [and/or competitor] options related to the potential FY 2023 recompete of a Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) IDOS contract.
We at OrangeSlices AI believe in the need for more and better-informed competition, so provided below are some of the details shared with us by the research requestor, followed by some high-level intel, and a list of some of the firms drawing the most views this week, by Government and industry leaders, on the OrangeSlices AI consultant directory in relation to efforts in support of CMS.
Opportunity Details Provided by Requestor
Scope: This contract from the CMS is to provide “Agile system development and modernization services, including advanced data analytic services in support of CMS’ Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation (CMMI).”
This multi-year contract is to lead development of innovative applications in support of CMS CMMI, to include applying “capabilities in system modernization, cloud migration, machine learning, data analytics, Agile software development, DevSecOps and Human Centered Design to support ongoing testing of new models of healthcare delivery and payment.”
A key aspect of the project included applying “modern technologies and development techniques to support CMMI in their mission to support, test, evaluate, and expand the most innovative and promising payment and service delivery models in order to achieve better care, better health, and reduced cost for beneficiaries of Medicare, Medicaid, and Children’s Health Insurance Program.”
** Please note that OS AI will not speculate in this brief report as to the accuracy of any scope details provided and/or any current plans related to the timing, details and likelihood of any recompete. Our premium report provided to the requestor does provide more details, but this report is simply a response to the request.
Competitive Details (if known):
- Funding Agency: Department of Health and Human Services / Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Incumbent NewWave Telecom & Technologies
- Contract Vehicle: This was last competed on CMS SPARC IDIQ.
- Expected Competition Date: Fiscal Year 2023 – date tbd
- Contract Details and Spend to Date for Award ID 75FCMC18F0002
- Press Release: NewWave Awarded $196M IDOS Contract Supporting Healthcare Innovation in America, March 2019
- IDOS – Driving the transformation of technology infrastructure in the CMS Innovation Center, Source: NewWave
- eGlobalTech announcement of being part of the winning IDOS team.
- SemanticBits announcement of being a key subcontractor on the new CMS Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation (CMMI) IDOS contract.
- Denial of protests put forth by Strategi and Signature Consulting Group, December 2018
- Org Chart – CMS Approved Leadership as of July 18, 2022
- CMS SPARC Prime IDIQ Holder List
- FY2023 CMS Congressional Justification of Estimates for CMS
- CMS and NIH Procurement Updates, 08/01/2022
- Find the latest CMS Procurement Forecast here.
Key Potential Points of Contact (current or past):
- Evelyn Dixon, Contracting Officer at HHS/CMS
- Erin Sparwasser, Contract Specialist at Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Bobbie Knickman, Director of CMMI Division of Applications Design & Development
- Philip Tennant, Dep. Director of CMMI Division of Applications Design & Development
- Angela Hamlin, Executive Leader of Program & Project Delivery and IT Services, NewWave
- Yelena Buchynsky, IDOS, Program Management, NewWave
Firms drawing the most attention
Included below is a list of the large and small companies we have noted were searched and viewed the most on OrangeSlices AI over the past week and that bring direct past performance in support of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
- Lantana Consulting Group
- Index Analytics
- Next Phase
- RELI Group
- Rios Partners
- A Square Group
- Agile Six
- Arch Systems
- Nimbus Consulting
Please note that the research requestor for this item received a detailed intelligence report including 1) known details about how/if/when/where this contract will be competed; 2) a list of the top companies that are in position to win today (as well as those who have been making key investments and moves of late to position for a win); and 3) a list of the top potential opportunity influencers any bidder will want to get to know. Whether it is current government leaders driving change, industry leaders, or recent former Federal officials who can support capture, serve as key personnel, or ensure delivery upon award, this is a group of leaders any bidder will want to get to know.
Want to see more firms with direct past performance with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services? You can start here.
Is your company pursuing this effort or similar opportunities?
Let others know you are interested in joining a team by either 1) Logging In and Commenting Below; or 2) Contacting us Here so we can add you to the list.
- From HHS and DHS to VA and IRS, check out a list here of all the research requests, mostly related to open solicitations and RFIs, the Orange Slices team has been asked to work on thus far in July.
- Included here is a list of the new SB Alliances formed for some leading GovCon companies in advance of Q4 FY 2022
- Federal Agency Forecasts for fiscal year (FY) 2022
About OrangeSlices AI
Developed by a team of government and industry contracting subject matter experts, the OrangeSlices AI data driven platform is a publicly available searchable listing of the top information technology and consulting services contractors doing business with the Federal government today. Driven by a robust and comprehensive set of authoritative and trusted data sources, the OS.ai tool is intended to help government and industry leaders find the right partner to help deliver on the important missions of the Federal government. Learn more about how you can engage with OS AI here.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?