A research request was recently provided to OS AI from a VA partner and SDVOSB looking for details related to a potential FY 2023 recompete of this 5-year Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) contract.
We are not going to include all of the details in our response here as the *Premium OS AI Opp Segment report is what the research requestor for, but we at OrangeSlices AI do believe in the need for more and better-informed competition, so provided below are some details and a list of the Department of Veterans Affairs focused firms drawing the most views of late.
Opportunity Details Provided by Requestor:
Scope: A focus for this effort was to augment VA’s cyber workforce to “ensure scalable and sustainable resilience across its cyberspace ecosystem, and successfully safeguard the growing amount of VA and Veteran data that the agency is responsible for protecting, by providing enterprise-wide information and cybersecurity and network defense services.”
“To protect VA’s growing volume of data from increasingly sophisticated cyber threats, CSOC uses artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) technology to predict and prevent cyber incidents before they occur. With over 1.5 million devices across a dynamic VA network, scaling threat detection and proactive remediation capabilities is critical to protecting the systems and data that enable effective healthcare and benefits delivery to Veterans. Using intelligence-driven threat detection and playbook automation techniques”, CSOC uses a disruptive approach to network protection.
Competitive Details (if known):
- Funding Agency: Department of Veterans Affairs
- Incumbent: SAIC, by way of their acquisition of Halfaker.
- Contract Vehicle: This was last competed on VA T4NG.
- Expected Competition Date: Fiscal Year 2023 – date tbd
- Contract Details and Spend to Date for Award ID 36C10B18N10020010
** Please note that OS AI will not speculate here as to the accuracy of any scope details provided and/or any current plans related to the timing, details, and likelihood of any recompete.
- Press Release: Halfaker and Associates, LLC Awarded $185M VA Cyber Security Operations Center Next Generation Support Contract, 10/15/2018
- Department of Veterans Affairs’ CSOC-NG Transformation Program Recognized with award, 2020, 09/15/2020
- VA Earns Second Place in Cybersecurity Competition, VA.gov, November 6, 2019
- Maveris hires Kevin Robins, former Director of the VA Network Security Operations Center (NSOC), to serve as Vice President of Commercial Cyber
- SAIC Completes Acquisition of Halfaker and Associates, July 2, 2021
- VA watchdog finds former CISO retaliated against colleague for concerns over Splunk contract, June 2022
- Review of the FY 2023 Budget and 2024 Advance Appropriations Requests, Veterans Affairs, June 2022
- VA T4NG Prime POC Listing
Sample of Key Potential Points of Contact (current or past):
- Curtis Corbin, Contracts, Veterans Affairs – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Iris Farrell. Contracts, Veterans Affairs – email@example.com
- Caleb Comer, IT Specialist (INFOSEC), Veterans Affairs
- Chuck Walker, Division Chief, Cybersecurity Analytics – VA-Cybersecurity Operations Center
- Billy Staton, Director of Cybersecurity Operations Center, Veterans Affairs
- Paul Cunningham, Recent and former Deputy Assistant Secretary/Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), Veterans Affairs
- Lynette Sherrill, Acting CISO and Executive Director Enterprise Command Operations, Veterans Affairs
- Keith De Silva, Executive Officer to the Deputy Assistant Secretary for Information Security and Chief Information Security Officer, Veterans Affairs
Firms drawing the most attention:
Included below is a list of the large and small companies we have noted were searched and viewed the most by Government and industry leaders, within the past seven days, on the OrangeSlices AI consultant directory and that bring direct past performance and/or related relationships in support of the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- MO Studio
- Blue Water Thinking
- BDR Solutions
- JJR Solutions
- Syms Strategic Group
- EM Key Solutions
- Agile Six
- Aptive Resources
- All In Solutions
- G2 Innovative Solutions
- Carter-Lambert Divisions (CLD)
Please note that the research requestor for this item received a Premium OS AI Opp Segment report including 1) known details about how/if/when/where this contract will be competed; 2) a list of the top companies that are in position to win today (as well as those who have been making key investments and moves of late to position for a win); and 3) a detailed list of the top potential opportunity influencers any bidder will want to get to know. Whether it is current government leaders driving change, industry leaders, or recent former Federal officials who can support capture, serve as key personnel, or ensure delivery upon award, this is a group of leaders any bidder will want to get to know.
Want to see more of the top firms with direct past performance in support of the Department of Veterans Affairs on similar IT consulting efforts? You can start here.
Is your company pursuing this effort or similar opportunities? Let others know you are interested in joining a team by either 1) Logging In and Commenting Below (it is free); or 2) Contacting us Here so we can add you.
- From HHS and DHS to VA and IRS, check out a list here of all the research requests, mostly related to open solicitations and RFIs, the Orange Slices team was asked to work on thus far in August
- Included here is a list of the new SB Alliances formed for some leading GovCon companies in advance of Q4 FY 2022
- Federal Agency Forecasts for fiscal year (FY) 2022
About OrangeSlices AI
Developed by a team of government and industry contracting subject matter experts, the OrangeSlices AI data driven platform is a publicly available searchable listing of the top information technology and consulting services contractors doing business with the Federal government today. Driven by a robust and comprehensive set of authoritative and trusted data sources, the OS.ai tool is intended to help government and industry leaders find the right partner to help deliver on the important missions of the Federal government. Learn more about how you can engage with OS AI here.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?