A research request was recently provided to OS AI from the Chief Growth Officer for an SDVOSB-led joint venture and low-code automation leader looking for details related to a potential FY 2023 recompete of this contract to provide user-centered design, Salesforce configuration, development and integration support services to the Department of Veterans Affairs.
We at OrangeSlices AI do believe in the need for more and better-informed competition, so provided below are 1) opportunity details provided by the requestor; 2) some key points of contact; 3) related pursuit/capture data; and 4) when possible, projected odds of this contract going back to the incumbent.
Competitive Details (if known) related to the predecessor contract:
- Funding Agency: Department of Veterans Affairs
- Incumbent: Salesforce, by way of their acquisition of Acumen Solutions.
- Contract Vehicle: This was last competed full and open using the now expired Salesforce Implementation, Integration and Support Services (SIISS) BPA.
- Expected Competition Date: Fiscal Year 2023 – date tbd
- Contract Details and Spend to Date for Award ID 36C10B18F2981
Scope: The focus for the predecessor contract was to “provide user-centered design, Salesforce configuration, development and integration support for the VA Enterprise Case Management Solutions (VECMS) including project management, requirements elaboration, design, configuration, content creation, testing support, training and organizational change management support. The contractor will also support adherence to all VA processes and policies, including security, compliance and privacy regulations. The scope includes the development of new modules and the enhancement of existing modules as needed.”
** Please note that OS AI will not speculate here as to the accuracy of any scope details provided and/or any current plans related to the timing, details, and likelihood of any recompete.
- Source Sought: VA Enterprise Case Management Solutions (VECMS) Salesforce Development, August 8, 2018
- Veterans Affairs Signs $260 Mil Deal For Salesforce Software Platform, November 10, 2018
- Salesforce Closes Acquisition of Acumen Solutions, February 1, 2021
- Acumen Solutions Partners with Veterans Affairs to Transform the Veteran Experience, November 18, 2019
- Review of the FY 2023 Budget and 2024 Advance Appropriations Requests, Veterans Affairs, June 2022
Sample of Key Potential Points of Contact (current or past):
- David Melton, Contracts, VA – David.Melton@va.gov
- Den-El.Opuszynski, Contracts, VA – Den-El.Opuszynski@va.gov
- Torrance Hubbard, Chief, Architecture/Salesforce, Veterans Affairs
- Daniel Navarra, IT Program Manager for VA’s Salesforce Enterprise Workflow System
- Justin Morgan, Senior Engagement Delivery Manager, Salesforce
- Hari Chakrapani Kalla, Senior Director, Services Leader at Salesforce Professional Services
- Ken Beecher, current President and Co-Founder, Ibility (formerly with Acumen)
What are the odds of the incumbent company winning this contract as a Prime again?
The OS AI Bot calculates the odds the incumbent wins this contract back: N/A
Looking for a partner? Click Here to find a searchable listing of the top IT and management consulting firms with direct past performance in support of the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Is your company pursuing this effort or similar opportunities as a Prime or Sub? Let others know you are interested by commenting below.
Firms drawing the most attention:
Included below is a list of the large and small companies we have noted as drawing the most views by Government and industry leaders on the OrangeSlices AI consultant directory over the past week and that bring direct past performance and/or related relationships in support of the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- 9th Way Insignia
- Octo/B3 Group
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- Alamo City Engineering Services (ACES)
- Select Computing
- Ad Hoc
- MO Studio
- Technical Assent
- DynaVet Solutions
We cannot and will not speculate here as to the reasons for the increased interest, but whether it is a company evaluating them as a potential partner; a federal acquisition leader doing their due diligence; or a consultant weighing their next job move, this group of companies has been receiving increased interest.
Please note that the research requestor for this item received a Premium OS AI Opp Segment report including 1) known details about how/if/when/where this contract will be competed; 2) a list of the top companies that are in position to win today (as well as those who have been making key investments and moves of late to position for a win); and 3) a detailed list of the top potential opportunity influencers any potential bidder will want to get to know.
About OrangeSlices AI
Developed by a team of government and industry contracting subject matter experts, the OrangeSlices AI data driven platform is a publicly available searchable listing of the top information technology and consulting services contractors doing business with the Federal government today. Driven by a robust and comprehensive set of authoritative and trusted data sources, the OS.ai tool is intended to help government and industry leaders find the right partner to help deliver on the important missions of the Federal government. Learn more about how you can engage with OS AI here.