A research request was recently provided to OS AI from an 8(a) woman-owned small business provider of Enterprise Architecture, IT Security, Network Engineering & Design, and Help Desk Services looking for details related to a potential FY 2023 recompete of this Department of the Treasury BPA contract that supports HQ and operating Bureaus across a wide spectrum of IT areas.
We at OrangeSlices AI do believe in the need for more and better-informed competition, so provided below are 1) opportunity details provided by the requestor; 2) some key points of contact; 3) related pursuit/capture data; and 4) when possible, projected odds of this contract going back to the incumbent.
Competitive Details (if known) related to the predecessor contract:
- Funding Agency: Department of the Treasury / Office of the CIO
- Incumbent: Hill Associates Corporation (HillASC)
- Contract Vehicle: This was last competed on GSA IT-70 and awarded to a small business.
- Expected Competition Date: Fiscal Year 2023 – date tbd
- Contract Details and Spend to Date for Award ID 2032H518A00028
Scope: The 5-year Information Technology and Financial Management Support Services (ITFMSS) BPA contract, “sponsored by the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO), supports Treasury’s headquarters’ offices and operating bureaus across a wide spectrum of IT areas. These include technology management, acquisition support, IT strategy, systems security, financial management, project and program management, program development, enterprise architecture and development, and cloud support services.”
** Please note that OS AI will not speculate here as to the accuracy of any scope details provided and/or any current plans related to the timing, details, and likelihood of any recompete.
- Draft RFP: Information Technology & Financial Management Support Services (IT&FMSS 2), August 22, 2017
- PR: U.S. Department of the Treasury Awards a Five-Year Contract to Hill Associates for Information Technology and Financial Management Support Services, February 4, 2019
- FY2023 Budget-in-Brief, Department of Treasury
- IRS names Sieger to permanent position of CIO, February 2021
- IRS Organization Chart – July 2022
Sample of Key Potential Points of Contact (current or past):
- Erik Stephenson, Contract Specialist, IRS – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ali Pourghassemi, Industry Liaison, IRS
- Nancy Sieger – Chief Information Officer, IRS
- Lisa Wilson – Assoc. Chief Info Officer – IRS
- Kelsey Hill, President, Hill Associates
- Brian Clary, Vice President and Treasury Program Lead, Hill Associates
What are the odds of the incumbent company winning this contract as a Prime again?
The OS AI Bot calculates the odds the incumbent wins this contract back is 45%.
Looking for a partner? Click Here to find a searchable listing of the top firms with direct past performance in support of the Department of Treasury on similar consulting efforts.
Is your company pursuing this effort or similar opportunities as a Prime or Sub? Let others know you are interested by commenting below.
Firms drawing the most attention:
Included below is a list of the large and small companies we have noted as drawing the most views by Government and industry leaders on the OrangeSlices AI consultant directory over the past week and that bring direct past performance and/or related relationships in support of the Treasury Department.
- Southpoint Consulting
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- Anika Systems
- IT Coalition
- Hill Associates
- Wheelhouse Group
- GCOM/ ASR Analytics
- Ekagra Partners JV/Red Cedar
- Reston Consulting Group
- Vibrantech Solutions
We cannot and will not speculate here as to the reasons for the increased interest, but whether it is a company evaluating them as a potential partner; a federal acquisition leader doing their due diligence; or a consultant weighing their next job move, this group of companies has been receiving increased interest.
Please note that the research requestor for this item received a Premium OS AI Opp Segment report including 1) known details about how/if/when/where this contract will be competed; 2) a list of the top companies that are in position to win today (as well as those who have been making key investments and moves of late to position for a win); and 3) a detailed list of the top potential opportunity influencers any potential bidder will want to get to know.
About OrangeSlices AI
Developed by a team of government and industry contracting subject matter experts, the OrangeSlices AI data driven platform is a publicly available searchable listing of the top information technology and consulting services contractors doing business with the Federal government today. Driven by a robust and comprehensive set of authoritative and trusted data sources, the OS.ai tool is intended to help government and industry leaders find the right partner to help deliver on the important missions of the Federal government. Learn more about how you can engage with OS AI here.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?