A request was recently provided to OS AI from a mid-tier global advisory and technology services provider, seeking more information on the planned recompete of this 4-year Department of Health and Human Services Health Resources and Services Administration requirement for operations and maintenance as well as development, modernization, and enhancement services for HRSA’s BMISS.
We at OrangeSlices AI do believe in the need for more and better-informed competition, so provided below are 1) opportunity details provided by the requestor; 2) some key points of contact; 3) related pursuit/capture data; and the odds of the incumbent winning this contract back (if applicable).
The Ask: ”We are responding to an active RFI that is currently on the street and we are looking for more information and potential partners to support a bid for this BPA to provide Operations and Maintenance (O&M) as well as Development, Modernization and Enhancement (DME) services for this IT system that includes the BMISS Platform, the Shortage Designation Management System (SDMS), the Health Workforce Connector (HWC) and any other future modules/systems added.”
Competitive Details (if known) related to the predecessor set of contracts:
- Funding Agency: Department of Health and Human Services Health Resources and Services Administration
- Contract Vehicle: This was last competed on GSA FSS full and open unrestricted
- Expected Competition Date: Fiscal Year 2023 – date tbd
- Incumbent: Sapient Government Services
- Contract Details and Spend to Date for Award ID 75R60219A00059
OS AI Note: OrangeSlices covered this item last Spring and a lot of activity has taken place, including an industry day being held last Fall. Several companies are known to have formed teams and have been prepping to potentially bid on this for a year or more.
** Please note that OS AI will not speculate here as to the accuracy of any scope details provided and/or any current plans related to the timing, details, and likelihood of any competition.
- HHS FY 2023 Budget in Brief – HHS.gov
- 20 of the other top RFP/RFQ Targets for the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) in 2023
- HHS OIG Org Chart
- HHS Employee Directory
- OS AI Resource: Federal Civilian Health IT and Consulting Segment Page
- OS AI Resource: Grading the Federal Agency Opportunity Forecasts for fiscal year (FY) 2023
- Most Viewed Partner Insight focused articles and research reports for 2022
- OS AI Resource: New Small Business Alliances formed for some leading GovCon companies in FY 2022
- Most Viewed Federal Health Focused Opportunities during 2022
Sample of Key Potential Points of Contact (current or past):
- Diane Coger, Contracts, HRSA – Diane.Coger@hrsa.hhs.gov
- Kwasi Antwi, Contracts, HRSA – email@example.com
- Pradeep Nair, Contracts, HRSA – Pradeep.Nair@hrsa.hhs.gov
- Derrick Hill, Contracts, HRSA – DHill@hrsa.gov
- Adriane Burton, CIO, HRSA
- Satish Gorrela, CTO, HRSA
- Carla Piwinsky, IT Specialist, HRSA
- Zeshawn Uddin, Manager Project Management and Business Consulting, Publicis Sapient
- Michael Falotico, Strategy and Operations Leader, Publicis Sapient
What are the odds of the incumbent company winning this contract as a Prime again?
Looking for an 8(a), WOSB, HUBZone or SDVOSB to partner with at HHS? Click Here
You can filter the list by several key indicators, to include socio-economic status, NAICS, Contract vehicle, etc.
Firms drawing the most attention:
Included below is a list of the large and small companies we have noted as drawing the most views by Government and industry leaders on the OrangeSlices AI consultant directory over the past quarter and that bring direct past performance and/or related relationships in support of HRSA.
- Sapient Government Services
- REI Systems **
- NTT DATA
- Alpha Omega Integration **
- VerticalApps **
- J29 **
- GDIT **
- A P VENTURES
- Forum One
- CyberData Technologies
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- IntegrityM **
- The Bizzell Group (Bizzell)
- Highlight Technologies
- i-Link Solutions
- Audley Consulting Group
- IQ Solutions
- Navitas Business Consulting
- TDB Communications
- The Millennium Group International (TMG)
- Management Solutions Consulting Group (MSCG)
** An Elev8 GovCon Honoree, noted for a corporate culture that demonstrates excellence, making the company a beacon for talent, for partners, and for clients.
We cannot and will not speculate here as to the reasons for the increased interest, but whether it is a company evaluating them as a potential partner; a federal acquisition leader doing their due diligence; or a consultant weighing their next job move, this group of companies has been receiving increased interest.
If you are a small or large business with capabilities and socio-economic status that might support this effort, comment below to let others know you are interested.
Please note that the research requestor for this item received a Premium OS AI Opp Segment report including 1) known details about how/if/when/where this contract will be competed; 2) a list of the top companies that are in position to win today (as well as those who have been making key investments and moves of late to position for a win); and 3) a detailed list of the top potential opportunity influencers any potential bidder will want to get to know.
About OrangeSlices AI
Developed by a team of government and industry contracting subject matter experts, the OrangeSlices AI data driven platform is a publicly available searchable listing of the top information technology and consulting services contractors doing business with the Federal government today. Driven by a robust and comprehensive set of authoritative and trusted data sources, the OS.ai tool is intended to help government and industry leaders find the right partner to help deliver on the important missions of the Federal government.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
I do not get the need for another RFI? It seems like they are trying to justify making this full and open.
Without giving up the keys to the castle, the industry day should be very telling about the government and their actions on the competition on this opp.