A research request was recently provided to OS AI from a small business IT and life sciences specialist looking for details related to a potential FY 2023 recompete of this multiple-award Department of Health and Human Services Food and Drug Administration Office of Regulatory Affairs (ORA) and Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research (CBER) integration support BPA.
We at OrangeSlices AI believe in the need for more and better-informed competition, so provided below are 1) opportunity details provided by the requestor; 2) some key points of contact; 3) related pursuit/capture data; and 4) when possible, projected odds of this contract going back to the incumbent.
Scope: A focus for the multiple award Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) Integration Continuation BPA is to provide support for the technical and functional implementation of LIMS at FDA. “FDA scientists at 13 labs rely on LIMS to test tens of thousands of samples and are required to record and track data associated with sample receipt, storage, transfers and disposition.” This contract will incrementally modernize the LIMS program using an “Agile development methodology while following FDA’s process to adhere to best practices and comply with FDA policies and regulations.”
Competitive Details (if known) related to the predecessor contract:
- Funding Agency: Department of Health and Human Services / Food and Drug Administration
- Contract Vehicle: Identified as competed full and open using GSA IT-70. Awarded to three small businesses.
- Expected Competition Date: Fiscal Year 2023 – date tbd
- Contract Details and Spend to Date for Award ID HHSF223201610012B (LabAnswer, acquired by Accenture); HHSF223201610013B (Precise Software); HHSF223201610014B INTEGRITYOne Partners
** Please note that OS AI will not speculate here as to the accuracy of any scope details provided and/or any current plans related to the timing, details, and likelihood of any recompete.
- Precise recruits former FDA Associate Deputy CIO, Lisa Creason, September 7, 2022
- Precise wins Multiple Award IDIQ contract by the FDA Office of Regulatory Affairs (ORA), for Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) support, Source: Precise
- Accenture to Acquire LabAnswer, Expanding Its Life Sciences and Cross-Industry Research and Laboratory Informatics Capabilities, June 1 2017
- FY 2023 FDA Budget Summary Fact Sheet
- HHS Employee Directory
Sample of Key Potential Points of Contact (current or past):
- Tina Beard, Contracts, FDA – Tina.Beard@fda.hhs.gov
- Sheila Brown, Contracts, FDA
- Zhensen Huang, CEO, Precise Software Solutions
- Lisa Creason, Chief of Strategic Initiatives and former FDA ORA IT Leader, Precise Software Solutions
- Holly Ham, Chief Growth Officer, Precise Software Solutions, Inc.
- Gene Donohue, IDIQ Program Manager / Director, SAIC (formerly with Precise)
- Kelly Klepinger, Senior Account Manager, Government and Forensic Sciences at LabVantage Solutions (formerly with LabAnswer/Accenture)
What are the odds of the incumbent company winning this contract as a Prime again?
The OS AI Bot calculates the odds the incumbents win this contract back as follows:
Accenture – 40%
INTEGRITYOne – 30%
Precise Software – 90%
Looking for a partner? Click Here to find a searchable listing of the top firms with direct past performance in support of the FDA on IT consulting efforts.
Is your company pursuing this effort or similar opportunities as a Prime or Sub? Let others know you are interested by commenting below.
Firms drawing the most attention:
Included below is a list of the large and small companies we have noted as drawing the most views by Government and industry leaders on the OrangeSlices AI consultant directory over the past week and that bring direct past performance and/or related relationships in support of the Food and Drug Administration.
- INTEGRITYOne Partners
- DRT Strategies
- International Consulting Associates (ICA)
- Centennial Technologies
- Spatial Front
- Next Phase
- Trigent Solutions
- Dfuse Technologies
- REI Systems
We cannot and will not speculate here as to the reasons for the increased interest, but whether it is a company evaluating them as a potential partner; a federal acquisition leader doing their due diligence; or a consultant weighing their next job move, this group of companies has been receiving increased interest.
Please note that the research requestor for this item received a Premium OS AI Opp Segment report including 1) known details about how/if/when/where this contract will be competed; 2) a list of the top companies that are in position to win today (as well as those who have been making key investments and moves of late to position for a win); and 3) a detailed list of the top potential opportunity influencers any potential bidder will want to get to know.
About OrangeSlices AI
Developed by a team of government and industry contracting subject matter experts, the OrangeSlices AI data driven platform is a publicly available searchable listing of the top information technology and consulting services contractors doing business with the Federal government today. Driven by a robust and comprehensive set of authoritative and trusted data sources, the OS.ai tool is intended to help government and industry leaders find the right partner to help deliver on the important missions of the Federal government. Learn more about how you can engage with OS AI here.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?