A research request was recently provided to OS AI from a newly acquired and equity based mid-tier provider of information technology (IT) solutions, cyber security, network/systems engineering, and business process management services looking for details related to a potential FY 2023 competition of this contract to support this department that provides comprehensive IA services prescribed by the RMF for over 150 enterprise IT systems.
We at OrangeSlices AI do believe in the need for more and better-informed competition, so provided below are 1) opportunity details provided by the requestor; 2) some key points of contact; 3) related pursuit/capture data; and 4) when possible, projected odds of this contract going back to the incumbent.
Competitive Details (if known) related to the predecessor contract:
- Funding Agency: DHS / US Coast Guard
- Incumbent: None – New Requirement
- Contract Vehicle: TBD
- Expected Competition Date: Fiscal Year 2023 – date tbd DHS Notes the competition as set for June 2023
Scope: The USCG C5ISC Risk Management Framework (RMF) Services contract: “The Command Control Communications Cyber and Intelligence Service Center (C5ISC) Information Assurance (IA) Branch provides comprehensive IA services prescribed by the Risk Management Framework (RMF) for over 150 enterprise information technology (IT) systems and platform IT systems, to include those aboard USCG Cutters. These services are essential to ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of our IT systems. Services include all aspects of the Risk Management Framework to include the roles of Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO), Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE), Security Control Assessor (SCA), and related Compliance and Reporting services. The following key service areas require support: Conducting Assessment and Authorization (A&A) for IS/PIT/PITS; Maintaining Authorization to Operate through Ongoing Authorization; Provide Security Engineering Solutions for efforts that include, but are not limited to, commercial and private cloud, DevSecOps, and control testing automation; and Support development efforts through and utilized DevSecOps / Agile practices. These services are required to meet the USCG mission objectives: 1) Defend cyberspace, ensuring Coast Guard IT systems and networks are secure and resilient for mission success; 2) Enable operations while maintaining an acceptable risk posture through hardening of services and devices. 3) Maintain security objectives as part of Request for Modifications (RMF) process as systems perform upgrades and deploy new capabilities. Locations of Performance include: Kearneysville, WV; Portsmouth, VA; Alexandria, VA; Baltimore, MD.”
** Please note that OS AI will not speculate here as to the accuracy of any scope details provided and/or any current plans related to the timing, details, and likelihood of any recompete.
- USCG C5ISC Risk Management Framework (RMF) Services, DHS Forecast Record Number:
- F2022058687, 07/12/2022
- C5I Service Center Organization and Leadership Page
- U.S Coast Guard Budget Overview – Homeland Security
- Review of Fiscal Year 2023 Budget Request for the Coast Guard and Maritime Transportation Programs
- The recently retired Assistant Commandant of the Coast Guard for C4IT (CG-6) Rear Admiral David Dermanelian, discusses the technology changes he’s seen over his 34 years in the guard.
Sample of Key Potential Points of Contact (current or past):
- Rick Peat, US Coast Guard – Richard.T.Peat@uscg.mil (304) 283-0973
- Chuck Webb, US Coast Guard – Charles.V.Webb@uscg.mil (304) 283-2399
- Chrishan Francis, Chief – Information Assurance Branch – C5ISC, US Coast Guard
- Wendell Miller, Cyber Security Analyst/Computer Security Specialist, US Coast Guard
- André Murphy, Cyber Security Strategist, US Coast Guard
- Wayne P, Supervisory IT Cybersecurity Specialist (PLCYPLN/INFOSEC), U.S. Coast Guard
- Randall Hotorwoshie, Information System Security Officer (ISSO), U.S. Coast Guard
- Jason Crossland, Cyber-Security Information Assurance Officer – Deputy of Incident Response Branch, U.S. Coast Guard
Looking for an 8(a), WOSB, HUBZone or SDVOSB to partner with at the US Coast Guard? Click Here
You can filter the list by several key indicators, to include socio-economic status, NAICS, Contract vehicle, etc.
If you are a small business with capabilities and socio-economic status that might support this effort, comment below and we will add you to the list.
Firms drawing the most attention:
Included below is a list of the large and small companies we have noted as drawing the most views by Government and industry leaders on the OrangeSlices AI consultant directory over the past week and that bring direct past performance and/or related relationships in support of the US Coast Guard.
- Karthik Consulting
- IT Coalition
- Swingtech / Federal Miracle Tech JV
- 22nd Century
- Nisga’a TEK
- Sawdey Solution Services
- Tygrove Technologies JV
- D&G Support Services
- OneZero Solutions
- First Info Tech
- Alpha Omega
- X Technologies
- Intellect Solutions
We cannot and will not speculate here as to the reasons for the increased interest, but whether it is a company evaluating them as a potential partner; a federal acquisition leader doing their due diligence; or a consultant weighing their next job move, this group of companies has been receiving increased interest.
Please note that the research requestor for this item received a Premium OS AI Opp Segment report including 1) known details about how/if/when/where this contract will be competed; 2) a list of the top companies that are in position to win today (as well as those who have been making key investments and moves of late to position for a win); and 3) a detailed list of the top potential opportunity influencers any potential bidder will want to get to know.
About OrangeSlices AI
Developed by a team of government and industry contracting subject matter experts, the OrangeSlices AI data driven platform is a publicly available searchable listing of the top information technology and consulting services contractors doing business with the Federal government today. Driven by a robust and comprehensive set of authoritative and trusted data sources, the OS.ai tool is intended to help government and industry leaders find the right partner to help deliver on the important missions of the Federal government. Learn more about how you can engage with OS AI here.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?