A research request was recently provided to OS AI from a newly acquired and formed mid-tier IT and management consulting firm looking for details related to a potential FY 2023 recompete of this Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement contract to provide a range of operations support services to the Visa Security Program (VSP) and the Counterterrorism and Criminal Exploitation Unit (CTECU).
We at OrangeSlices AI do believe in the need for more and better-informed competition, so provided below are 1) opportunity details provided by the requestor; 2) some key points of contact; 3) related pursuit/capture data; and 4) when possible, projected odds of this contract going back to the incumbent.
Competitive Details (if known) related to the predecessor contract:
- Funding Agency: DHS / U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement
- Incumbent: GDIT
- Contract Vehicle: This was last competed Full and Open using the GSA Professional Services. Schedule
- Expected Competition Date: Fiscal Year 2023 – date tbd
- Contract Details and Spend to Date for Award ID 70CMSD18A00000003
Note from OS AI: The date in FPDS still shows the BPA as ending in 2023, but given the delays as a result of the protest and the terms of the awarded tasks to date, this is unlikely to be awarded until FY24. Anticipating another protest, it is possible that, if this is recompeted, the solicitation could be released as early as late 2023
Scope: This 5-year firm-fixed price Visa Lifecycle Vetting Operations Support BPA, a program formally known as the Extreme Vetting Initiative, was put in place “to provide operations support services to the Visa Security Program (VSP) and the Counterterrorism and Criminal Exploitation Unit (CTECU) within the agency’s Visa Lifecycle Vetting Initiative. VLVI is a critical component of immigration enforcement efforts with some goals to usher in new technologies and data sources to carry out its mission, including social media analysis, algorithm-driven analytics, centralized databases and automated information sharing across agencies”
** Please note that OS AI will not speculate here as to the accuracy of any scope details provided and/or any current plans related to the timing, details, and likelihood of any recompete.
- ManTech protest of ICE operations support services BPA award to [GDIT] under request for quotations (RFQ) No. 70CMSD18Q00000016 is denied, November 27, 2018
- The National Vetting Enterprise: Artificial Intelligence and Immigration Enforcement, LawFare Blog, January 8, 2019
- EFF Files FOIA Lawsuit Against DHS to Shed Light on Vetting Program to Collect and Data Mine Immigrants’ Social Media, March 28, 2022
- Amentum Job Posting for a Project Manager to work alongside Program Manager to support the Visa Lifecycle Vetting Initiative (VLVI), September 2021
- T-Rex Past Performance: DHS Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Visa Lifecycle Vetting Initiative (VLVI): Performing MCS functions such as analytical support, management, communications guidance, facilitation services, and technical services. Source: T-Rex
- FY 2023 budget in Brief FINAL with Cover – Homeland Security, Source: DHS
Sample of Key Potential Points of Contact (current or past):
- Christopher Jackson, Contracts, DHS – Christoper.L.Jackson@dhs.gov
- Chaz Davis, Section Chief (A) – Counter Threat Lead Development Unit Homeland Security Investigations
- Norbert Topolski, Program Sr. Manager, GDIT
What are the odds of the incumbent company winning this contract as a Prime again?
The OS AI Bot calculates the odds the incumbent wins this contract back is 45%.
There were 8 bidders last time this was up for competition.
Looking for a partner? Click Here to find a searchable listing of the top firms with direct past performance in support of ICE.
Is your company pursuing this effort or similar opportunities as a Prime or Sub? Let others know you are interested by commenting below.
Firms drawing the most attention:
Included below is a list of the large and small companies we have noted as drawing the most views by Government and industry leaders on the OrangeSlices AI consultant directory over the past week and that bring direct past performance and/or related relationships in support of ICE.
- AttainX team /Amaze Technologies
- Dev Technology Group
- Amivero / Stella JV
We cannot and will not speculate here as to the reasons for the increased interest, but whether it is a company evaluating them as a potential partner; a federal acquisition leader doing their due diligence; or a consultant weighing their next job move, this group of companies has been receiving increased interest.
Please note that the research requestor for this item received a Premium OS AI Opp Segment report including 1) known details about how/if/when/where this contract will be competed; 2) a list of the top companies that are in position to win today (as well as those who have been making key investments and moves of late to position for a win); and 3) a detailed list of the top potential opportunity influencers any potential bidder will want to get to know.
About OrangeSlices AI
Developed by a team of government and industry contracting subject matter experts, the OrangeSlices AI data driven platform is a publicly available searchable listing of the top information technology and consulting services contractors doing business with the Federal government today. Driven by a robust and comprehensive set of authoritative and trusted data sources, the OS.ai tool is intended to help government and industry leaders find the right partner to help deliver on the important missions of the Federal government. Learn more about how you can engage with OS AI here.