A research request was recently provided to OS AI from an equity-backed mid-tier IT and management consulting firm, looking for details related to a potential FY 2023 recompete of this Department of Homeland Security contract.
We at OrangeSlices AI do believe in the need for more and better-informed competition, so provided below are 1) opportunity details provided by the requestor; 2) some key points of contact; 3) related pursuit/capture data; and 4) when possible, projected odds of this contract going back to the incumbent.
Competitive Details (if known) related to the predecessor contract:
- Funding Agency: DHS / Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA)
- Incumbent: Guidehouse
- Contract Vehicle: This was last competed on CIO-SP3
- OS AI Note: According to the latest forecast, any recompete is expected to be competed on CIO-SP3. The latest forecast states that this will be released by April 24, 2023. NITAAC recently announced “an extension of the CIO-SP3 Small Business Government-Wide Acquisition Contract (GWAC) through 4/29/23 on current modifications.” Monitor updates related to this GWAC here.
- Contract Details and Spend to Date for Award ID 70RCSA21FR0000114
Scope: This is a recompete of this contract to provide Insights Program Support to the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) Cybersecurity Division (CSD) Vulnerability Management (VM) Insights Branch. To include providing cyber security risk management services to enhance Insight’s capabilities, leveraging private sector best practices, knowledge, and innovation to achieve Insight’s mission requirements.
** Please note that OS AI will not speculate here as to the accuracy of any scope details provided and/or any current plans related to the timing, details, and likelihood of any recompete.
- CISA Insights Program Support, Forecast Record Number: F2023060710
- CISA Cybersecurity Division Mission and Vision
- DHS CISA Leadership Page
- Delivering Innovative IT Solutions to Meet Mission: A Conversation with Bob Costello, CIO, CISA, Business of Government Podcast
- CISA’s CIO talks about the cyber agency’s growth and expanding mission, FCW
- CISA’s CIO Talks About the Cyber Agency’s Growth and Expanding Mission, GTSC
- The stakes ‘could not be any higher’: CISA chief talks about the tech challenges ahead, ZD Net
- CISA Assistant director for cybersecurity discusses trends like digital transformation and hybrid work, Venture Work
- Fiscal Year 2023 Budget Request for the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency
- 20 of the top RFP/RFQ Targets for (the rest of) DHS in 2023
- New Small Business Alliances formed for some leading GovCon companies in FY 2022
- 20 Federal National Security Focused Woman-Owned Small Businesses making big noise as we enter FY 2023
- OS AI Resource: Grading the Federal Agency Opportunity Forecasts for fiscal year (FY) 2023
Sample of Key Potential Points of Contact (current or past):
- Hannah Moussa, Contracts, CISA – Hannah.Moussa@cisa.dhs.gov
- Nathalie Snyder, CISA – email@example.com
- Bjorn Miller, Associate Director, Homeland Security – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kendra Martin, Cross-Functional Planning & Coordination Section Chief, Vulnerability Management Insights Branch, Cyber Security Division (CSD), CISA
- Ayan Islam, Former CISA Critical Infrastructure Portfolio Lead, Cybersecurity Division, Vulnerability Management, Insights Branch and new Office of the National Cyber Director Cyber Workforce Director
- Eric Goldstein, Executive Assistant Director for Cybersecurity, CISA
- Claudia Rossel, Manager, Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Advisor, Guidehouse
- Myrna Arnold, Senior Consultant, Guidehouse
- Dave Simprini, Partner, Guidehouse
What are the odds of the incumbent company winning this contract as a Prime again?
The OS AI Bot calculates the odds the incumbent wins this contract back is 60%.
There were 3 bidders for this opportunity the last time this was competed.
Looking for an 8(a), WOSB, HUBZone or SDVOSB to partner with at DHS? Click Here
You can filter the list by several key indicators, to include socio-economic status, NAICS, Contract vehicle, etc.
If you are a small business with capabilities and socio-economic status that might support this effort, comment below and we will add you to the list.
Firms drawing the most attention:
Included below is a list of the large and small companies we have noted as drawing the most views by Government and industry leaders on the OrangeSlices AI consultant directory over the past month and that bring direct past performance and/or related relationships in support of CISA.
- Chevo Consulting
- MetaPhase Consultung **
- Cybermedia Technologies (CTEC)
- Concept Plus
- Savvee Consulting
- GDIT **
- Nexight Group
- Ironclad Technology Services
- Strategic Operational Solutions (STOPSO)
- Capgemini / Rudram-Capgemini JV
- Innovative Management Concepts (IMC)
- Iron Vine Security / ECS
- CGI Federal **
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- WWC Global
- Foxhole Technology
- IVA’AL/NAIS Technologies
- S&K Engineering & Research
** An Elev8 GovCon Honoree, noted for a corporate culture that demonstrates its own excellence, making the company a beacon for talent, for partners, and for clients.
We cannot and will not speculate here as to the reasons for the increased interest, but whether it is a company evaluating them as a potential partner; a federal acquisition leader doing their due diligence; or a consultant weighing their next job move, this group of companies has been receiving increased interest.
Please note that the research requestor for this item received a Premium OS AI Opp Segment report including 1) known details about how/if/when/where this contract will be competed; 2) a list of the top companies that are in position to win today (as well as those who have been making key investments and moves of late to position for a win); and 3) a detailed list of the top potential opportunity influencers any potential bidder will want to get to know.
About OrangeSlices AI
Developed by a team of government and industry contracting subject matter experts, the OrangeSlices AI data driven platform is a publicly available searchable listing of the top information technology and consulting services contractors doing business with the Federal government today. Driven by a robust and comprehensive set of authoritative and trusted data sources, the OS.ai tool is intended to help government and industry leaders find the right partner to help deliver on the important missions of the Federal government. Learn more about how you can engage with OS AI here.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Hello – my firm, the RIvera Group, Inc., is an SDVOSB that will differentiate a team to support this effort.
We are a niche engineering firm specializing in improving organizational agility while reducing risk via our AI/ML and NLP driven products and expertise. Our Eagle6 product does this by automating those responsibilities of assessment and protection better suited to machines. Eagle6’s vulnerability detection, remediation and protection capabilities are tailored out of the box for CISA.
More info about our product suite here:
Secure Office: https://secureoffice.com/
My contact info: Josh Miller, VP Business Development, email@example.com