A research request was recently provided to OS AI from a woman-led service-disabled Veteran-owned small business consultancy that has past performance as a Prime or major sub on 9 different contracts across DHS at CBP, USCG, ICE and USCIS, looking for details related to a potential FY 2023 competition for this Department of Homeland Security US Coast Guard blanket purchase agreement contract.
We at OrangeSlices AI do believe in the need for more and better-informed competition, so provided below are 1) opportunity details provided by the requestor; 2) some key points of contact; 3) related pursuit/capture data; and 4) when possible, projected odds of this contract going back to the incumbent.
Competitive Details (if known) related to the predecessor contract:
- Funding Agency: DHS/US Coast Guard
- Incumbent: This new contract is consolidating two BPA contracts into one. The incumbents on the respective predecessor contracts are D&G Support Services and TeleSolv Consulting
- Contract Vehicle: The was last competed using GSA. DHS is currently showing that this new consolidated BPA will be released using GSA as a small business set-aside action.
- The NAICS codes used during the last competition was 541611 for both, but the two BPA contracts that are currently expected to be consolidated into one had two distinct scopes – one more logistics focused and the other more business support services focused.
- Expected Competition Date: Fiscal Year 2023 – the forecast currently lists an RFP release date of June 2023 – Track Details Here.
- Contract Details and Spend to Date for Award IDs: 70Z0G319APBY04100 – Business Support Services III BPA (TeleSolv) and 70Z0G319APAZ05500 – Logistics Support Services BPA (D&G Support Services)
Scope: The scope of this Blanket Purchase Agreement (BPA) which combines two current contracts into one “is to obtain staff augmentation for non-inherently Government tasking for Contractor Consulting, Project Management and Support, Strategic Planning, Portfolio Management, Business Process Planning, Process Integration Planning, Facilities Planning, Marketing and Communications Planning Services, Life Cycle Cost Estimation Services, expert highly specialized and complex Acquisitions Lifecycle Support, Enterprise Life Cycle Logistics and Engineering Support. Work is to include: Material, Configuration, Business, and Inventory Management, Logistics Supply Support, and Planned Maintenance Development Support Services. These services shall support the missions and requirements of the C5I Service Center (C5ISC); the Coast Guard Chief Information Officer’s (CIO) Office, Commandant (CG-4, CG-6, CG-7, and CG-93); and Coast Guard Cyber Command (CGCC). The Contractor shall provide services to support CGCYBER with CSSP program maturation and recertification, process development, and project management across the command. The support services shall provide support for the missions and requirements for operations, management, analysis, and other business and logistics functions that support the successful accomplishment of C5ISC, CIO; CG-6; and CGCC missions and requirements across afloat, air, deployable specialized forces, and ashore platforms at multiple locations.”
** Please note that OS AI will not speculate here as to the accuracy of any scope details provided and/or any current plans related to the timing, details, and likelihood of any recompete.
- Forecast Item: Consolidated USCG Business and Logistics Support Services BPA F2022059164
- 10+ of the top RFP/RFQ Targets for DHS US Coast Guard in 2023
- New Small Business Alliances formed for some leading GovCon companies in FY 2022
- Just Published: 20 Federal National Security Focused Woman-Owned Small Businesses making big noise as we enter FY 2023
- C5I Service Center Organization and Leadership Page
- U.S Coast Guard Budget Overview – Homeland Security
- Review of Fiscal Year 2023 Budget Request for the Coast Guard and Maritime Transportation Programs
- The recently retired Assistant Commandant of the Coast Guard for C4IT (CG-6) Rear Admiral David Dermanelian, discusses the technology changes he’s seen over his 34 years in the guard.
- Dozens of newly formed WOSB JVs will impact the 2023 Federal competitive landscape from CMS and VA to DHS, IRS, and DOD
- 8(a) EDWO and SDVO Digital Services and HCD/CX specialists lead list of SB Alliances formed with VA, CMS, DHS, IRS, & DHA/DOD players
- 15+ US Coast Guard focused 8(a) Small Businesses and/or 8(a) STARS III Primes drawing attention as we enter 2023
- OS AI Resource: Grading the Federal Agency Opportunity Forecasts for fiscal year (FY) 2023
- Meet the Federal IT and Consulting firms recognized for their commitment to Veteran hiring and retention
- $100M+ United States Coast Guard (USCG) C5ISC Risk Management Framework (RMF) Services IDIQ
- DHS USCG Agile C5ISC Operational & Modernization Pipeline for Application Support Services (COMPASS) BPA – Multiple Award
Sample of Key Potential Points of Contact (current or past):
- Rick Peat, US Coast Guard – Richard.T.Peat@uscg.mil
- Chuck Webb, US Coast Guard – Charles.V.Webb@uscg.mil
- Kenyada Corley, Contracts, US Coast Guard – email@example.com
- Recent Commanding Officer for US Coast Guard C5I Service Center, Rusty Dash
- David Dermanelian, Former Chief Information Officer at U.S. Coast Guard
- Kevin Achterberg, Executive Director, US Coast Guard C5I Service Center
- Jeffrey Stuart, Branch Chief – C5ISC, Engineering Services Division, Application Services Branch
- Chrishan Francis, Chief – Information Assurance Branch – C5ISC, US Coast Guard
- Leah Sanders, CEO, D&G Support Services
- Michael Ennis, Deputy Portfolio Manager for Coast Guard Programs, D&G Support Services and recent Assistant Program Executive Officer, C5I with USCG
- Chauny Dunbar, VP USCG Programs, TeleSolv Consulting
What are the odds of the incumbent company winning this contract as a Prime again?
The OS AI Bot is unable to calculates the odds of the incumbent wins this contract back given that this is a consolidation. If this was a recompete of each individual contract, the OS AI bot shows 45% for TeleSolv and 60% for D&G. The BPA competitions drew 10 and 7 bidders respectively the last time they were competed, and you can expecte a similar level of interest, if not more, for this requirement.
Looking for an 8(a), WOSB, HUBZone or SDVOSB to partner with at the US Coast Guard? Click Here
You can filter the list by several key indicators, to include socio-economic status, NAICS, Contract vehicle, etc.
If you are a small business with capabilities and socio-economic status that might support any of the items identified above, comment below and we will add you to the list.
Firms drawing the most attention:
Included below is a list of the large and small companies we have noted as drawing the most views by Government and industry leaders on the OrangeSlices AI consultant directory of late that bring direct past performance and/or related relationships in support of the US Coast Guard.
- D&G Support Services**
- Chevo Consulting
- TeleSolv Consulting
- Goal-Oriented Human Performance Technologies (G0HPT)
- Karthik Consulting
- Credence Management Solutions
- Alpha Omega Integration
- IT Coalition
- PotomacWave Consulting
- Swingtech / Federal Miracle Tech JV
- 22nd Century
- Intellect Solutions
- ITA International
- Tygrove Technologies JV
- Archimedes Global
- OneZero Solutions
- First Info Tech
- AMERICAN SYSTEMS
** An Elev8 GovCon Honoree, noted for a corporate culture that demonstrates its own excellence, making the company a beacon for talent, for partners, and for clients.
We cannot and will not speculate here as to the reasons for the increased interest, but whether it is a company evaluating them as a potential partner; a federal acquisition leader doing their due diligence; or a consultant weighing their next job move, this group of companies has been receiving increased interest.
Please note that the research requestor for these items received a Premium OS AI Opp Segment report including 1) known details about how/if/when/where this contract will be competed; 2) a list of the top companies that are in position to win today (as well as those who have been making key investments and moves of late to position for a win); and 3) a detailed list of the top potential opportunity influencers any potential bidder will want to get to know.
About OrangeSlices AI
Developed by a team of government and industry contracting subject matter experts, the OrangeSlices AI data driven platform is a publicly available searchable listing of the top information technology and consulting services contractors doing business with the Federal government today. Driven by a robust and comprehensive set of authoritative and trusted data sources, the OS.ai tool is intended to help government and industry leaders find the right partner to help deliver on the important missions of the Federal government. Learn more about how you can engage with OS AI here.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Please add Sev1Tech to the list of USCG focused large businesses …