A research request was recently provided to OS AI from a newly formed and equity backed mid-tier IT consulting company, who, fresh off a series of acquisitions, is looking for details related to a potential FY 2023 recompete of this Department of the Treasury support contract.
We at OrangeSlices AI do believe in the need for more and better-informed competition, so provided below are 1) opportunity details provided by the requestor; 2) some key points of contact; 3) related pursuit/capture data; and 4) when possible, projected odds of this contract going back to the incumbent.
- Funding Agency: Department of the Treasury/ Internal Revenue Service
- Incumbent: Peraton, by way of their acquisition of the Northrop Grumman IT unit.
- Contract Vehicle: This was last competed full and open on GSA IT-70.
- Expected Competition Date: Fiscal Year 2023 – date tbd
- Contract Details and Spend to Date for Award ID 2032H518A00009
Scope: This 5-year single-award BPA was put in place to provide “a range of operations and maintenance support services for HRConnect, the flagship product of Treasury’s Federal HR Line of Business. Scope expectations for the predecessor contract included Program Management; Technical Architecture/Environmental Management; Application Maintenance (O&M); and Tier 1/Tier 2 Help Desk Services.
The HRConnect Product Suite is offered as an Office of Personnel Management (OPM) officially designated Human Resources Line of Business (HRLOB), Shared Service Center (SSC). OPM’s designation enables Treasury to offer interoperable, portable and scalable HR/payroll solutions across the federal space. HRConnect core functions include: Personnel Action Processing, Payroll Administration, Benefits Administration, Talent Acquisition, Onboarding, Integrated Talent Management, Employee and Manager Self Service Portal, and HR transaction processing.”
** Please note that OS AI will not speculate here as to the accuracy of any scope details provided and/or any current plans related to the timing, details, and likelihood of any recompete.
- R Connect Request for Information – Industry Day Presented 3-13-2017, SAM.gov
- Award Protest Denial: HRConnect human resource management system, February 28, 2019 (Note: Must be logged in to SAM)
- HRConnect Overview Page, Source: IRS
- FY2023 Budget-in-Brief, Department of the Treasury
- IRS Organization Chart – October 2022
- New Small Business Alliances formed for some leading GovCon companies in FY 2022
- 20 Federal Financial Sector Focused Woman-Owned Small Businesses making big noise as we enter FY 2023
Sample of Key Potential Points of Contact (current AND/OR past):
- Theresa Thompson, Director HR Products, U.S. Department of the Treasury
- Christie Lucas, Functional Enterprise Architect, U.S. Department of the Treasury
- Heath Ellington, Deputy Program Manager, HRConnect/Program Manager EDM(Treasury), Peraton
- Anna Ramachandran, TBM Director, U.S. Department of Treasury
- Karan Chilukuri, Director HRIT Development and Application Services, U.S. Department of Treasury
- Bridgette Garcia, Former HRConnect Contracting Officer, IRS
- Andrew Choi, Former HRConnect Contracting Officer’s Representative, U.S. Department of Treasury
- Debra Vess, Associate Chief Information Officer, U.S. Department of Treasury
What are the odds of the incumbent company winning this contract as a Prime again?
The OS AI Bot calculates the odds the incumbent wins this contract back is 40%. There were 6 bidders the last time this was competed. Northrop/Peraton is a multiple time incumbent.
Looking for an 8(a), WOSB, HUBZone or SDVOSB to partner with at the Department of Treasury? Click Here
You can filter the list by several key indicators, to include socio-economic status, NAICS, Contract vehicle, etc.
If you are a small business with capabilities and socio-economic status that might support this effort, comment below and we will add you to the list.
Firms drawing the most attention:
Included below is a list of the large and small companies we have noted as drawing the most views by Government and industry leaders on the OrangeSlices AI consultant directory over the past week and that bring direct past performance and/or related relationships in support of the IRS.
- Southpoint Consulting
- Cybermedia Technologies
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- Anika Systems
- Knowledge Systems
- Diamond Information Systems
- Metric5 / Octo Metric
- Intellect Solutions
- Chevo Consulting
- eTelligent Group
- Vibrantech Solutions
- MetaPhase Consulting
- Reston Consulting Group
- Dalton Consulting
We cannot and will not speculate here as to the reasons for the increased interest, but whether it is a company evaluating them as a potential partner; a federal acquisition leader doing their due diligence; or a consultant weighing their next job move, this group of companies has been receiving increased interest.
Please note that the research requestor for this item received a Premium OS AI Opp Segment report including 1) known details about how/if/when/where this contract will be competed; 2) a list of the top companies that are in position to win today (as well as those who have been making key investments and moves of late to position for a win); and 3) a detailed list of the top potential opportunity influencers any potential bidder will want to get to know.
About OrangeSlices AI
Developed by a team of government and industry contracting subject matter experts, the OrangeSlices AI data driven platform is a publicly available searchable listing of the top information technology and consulting services contractors doing business with the Federal government today. Driven by a robust and comprehensive set of authoritative and trusted data sources, the OS.ai tool is intended to help government and industry leaders find the right partner to help deliver on the important missions of the Federal government. Learn more about how you can engage with OS AI here.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?