Growth leaders identify and evaluate targets and opportunities using multiple sources. One common strategy is to target contract recompetes and those which are potentially vulnerable, with a primary vulnerability being contracts held by companies that have been acquired, especially when they are a small business being acquired by a large.
Case in point – Starting shortly after the ink was dried on this acquisition, the OS AI team fielded several requests looking to better understand the current contract makeup for this now former small business who served as a premier partner to several federal health agencies for mission-critical digital modernization solutions.
We should note that being acquired does not always make a company’s contracts inherently vulnerable as there are many factors in play but in the interest of sharing, included below we list a dozen of this group’s contracts and tasks from across the Department of Health and Human Services and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid in particular, totaling nearly $500M in value.
This list includes identified active Contracts or Tasks for SemanticBits (acquired by ICF in June of 2022) across HHS and GSA TTS that will be targets in the months and years ahead. These are listed roughly in the order in which they are expected to expire, with some of the early ones known to already be in the process of being re-competed.
Dance Lightly. Do know that some of these potential requirements will NOT end up being recompeted at all for any number of reasons (e.g., contract consolidation, extension, cancellation, etc), but this list can serve as a great foundation as you build out your pipeline and evaluate future targets.
Expiring CMS ADELE Task Orders
- $13M Prescription Drug Plan Sponsors (PDPs) – Expires 03/2023
- $50M Quality Measures Implementation and Reporting (QMIR) – Expires 10/23
- $28M ESRD Patient Registry module and EQRS Portal Support – Expires 02/24
- $150M+ QPP CI&S Support – Expires 05/2024
- $19M Bonnie and Measure Authoring Tool (MAT) - Expires 08/24
- $22M QPP Analytics and Reporting – Expires 03/2025
- $100M+ Quality Improvement and Evaluation System (QIES) / iQIES re-platforming – Expires 06/2025
- $12M QIO Deliverable Invoice and Vouchering Systems (QDIVS) – Expires 03/26
- $38M CMMI Analysis and Management System (AMS) Development – GSA MAS Task – Expires 03/27
- $45M+ GSA TTS Organizational Transformation to Agile Lifecycle (TOTAL) BPA. (Single Award BPA.) Set to expire in 2026. $45M in potential awards to date across multiple concurrent tasks in support of GSA and NIH. One new BPA call since acquisition.
- $2.6M GSA TTS Task for CDC PRIME DevSecOps – Unrestricted Award (not SB set aside) – logical follow-on. Set to Expire 09/2023
- $5M FDA Computerized Labeling Review Tool IDIQ. Single Award BPA. Set to expire in 2025.
- $3M Open FDA Platform Support – Full and Open award using GSA MAS. Set to expire in 2025.
Looking for an 8(a), WOSB, HUBZone or SDVOSB to partner with at CMS? Click Here
You can filter the list by several key indicators, to include socio-economic status, NAICS, Contract vehicle, etc.
If you are a small business with capabilities and socio-economic status that might support any of these efforts, comment below and let others know you are interested.
Firms drawing the most attention:
Included below is a list of more than three dozen large and small companies we have noted as drawing the most views by Government and industry leaders on the OrangeSlices AI consultant directory over the past two weeks and that bring direct past performance and/or related relationships in support of CMS.
- Softrams **
- Cloud Harbor Economics
- Sparksoft **
- Next Phase
- ICF / Semantic Bits **
- eSimplicity **
- Premier Enterprise Solutions
- RELI Group **
- Ventech Solutions
- Nava **
- Explore Digits
- Index Analytics **
- Global Alliant **
- Ad Hoc **
- HighPoint Digital
- Unissant **
- Agile Six **
- International Consulting Associates (ICA)
- ARDX **
- INADEV **
- DAS Federal **
- Neil Hoosier & Associates
- iTech AG **
- Coforma **
- Aquia **
- J29 **
- Snowbird Agility
- GDIT **
- Sprezzatura **
** An Elev8 GovCon Honoree, noted for a corporate culture that demonstrates excellence, making the company a beacon for talent, for partners, and for clients.
We cannot and will not speculate here as to the reasons for the increased interest, but whether it is a company evaluating them as a potential partner; a federal acquisition leader doing their due diligence; or a consultant weighing their next job move, this group of companies has been receiving increased interest.
- Emerging 8(a), SDVO & WOSB IT Modernization and Cybersec SMEs top list of SB Alliances formed amongst CMS/HHS, USDA, DOD, DOJ and DHS players
- Fresh Squeezed Daily: $35M+ CMS CMCS Medicaid Drug Program (MDP) 2.0 System Support
- Small Business sets sights on upcoming $50M CMS CCIIO Marketplace Assister Technical Support RFP
- GovCon Growth Solutions’ JR Glass shares advice for those Working With and Looking to Break Into CMS
- CMS Opportunity Updates, and a GSA AI Leader pops in to discuss the Applied Healthcare AI challenge
- CMS and NIH RFP updates to kick off your Valentine’s Day week – 02/13/23
- 40+ of the top RFP/RFQ Targets for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services in 2023
- 30 Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services focused 8(a) Small Businesses drawing attention early in 2023
- FY23 off to a quick start: CMS, NIH, and HHS Opp Updates – BI and Innovative Tech; Section 508 Sppt; Digital Data Resource; and Health.gov support
- Dozens of newly formed WOSB JVs will impact the 2023 Federal competitive landscape from CMS and VA to DHS, IRS, and DOD
- OS AI Resource: New Small Business Alliances formed for some leading GovCon companies in FY 2022
- 3 New Joint Ventures to watch in FY2023, especially if you cover VA T4NG, IRS and/or CMS
- OS AI Resource: Grading the Federal Agency Opportunity Forecasts for fiscal year (FY) 2023
- FY2023 CMS Congressional Justification of Estimates for CMS
- CMS Org Chart. Updated March 1, 2023
- CMS Opportunity Forecast – Updated 03/01/2023
- ** New in 2023** OS AI GovCon Segment Page: Federal Civilian Health IT and Consulting
Developed by a team of government and industry contracting subject matter experts, the OrangeSlices.ai data driven platform is a publicly available searchable listing of the top information technology and consulting services contractors doing business with the Federal government today. Driven by a robust and comprehensive set of authoritative and trusted data sources, the OS.ai tool is intended to help government and industry leaders find the right partner to help deliver on the important mission of the Federal government.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?